Become a Patron!

Teslacigs WYE Pod System Kit 430mAh

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the WYE Pod System Kit 430mAh from Teslacigs. The WYE Pod System Kit 430mAh was supplied for the purpose of this review by Gloria from Teslacigs.

http://www.teslacigs.com/design/wyepod.html

Introduction

With the popularity of the lightweight Wye series of devices it was only going to be a matter of time before Teslacigs released a Pod system bearing the name. Like it's high powered siblings the Wye Pod System is super lightweight, weighing just 30g and has the same feel nice rubberised finish with 3 of the colour options being two toned fusing together where the colours meet just like the Wye II. The Wye pod system is draw activated but does have a physical button allowing the device to be turned off, the button is also used to select between 4 different voltage settings and to check battery status indication. Both Wye devices i have had previous are cracking devices so let's find out if the Wye pod system lives up to the same high standards.

In The Box

Contents:

1x WYE Pod Device
1x WYE Pod Cartridge (1.2ohm)
1x Charging Cable USB
1x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Wye Pod Kit came in a tiny pull out draw style box that made me think the Wye was tiny but on opening found the device without pod installed and efficiently packed explaining the tiny packaging. After saying that it's still on the small size and being made of plastic with rubber paint coating (just like it's siblings) it's extremely lightweight, weighing just 30g. I received the Black version, it's also available in Red Black, Green Black, Blue Black and White, all versions come with matching colour transparent pods. The overall shape with pod installed is a pill shape, very ergonomic and pocket friendly. The front of the device has a metallic elongated juice drop panel which has a small Black button at the bottom with translucent Teslacigs logo, above the button "WYE POD" is etched into the metal sheet. On the back of the device towards the bottom we have printed safety marks and branding, finally housed on the bottom is the micro USB port.

Wye Pod System Specs and Features:

Dimension: 91*32.5*13.5mm
Material: PC
Input Voltage: 3.0-4.2V
Voltage Level: 3.0V/3.3V/3.6V/3.9V
Battery Capacity: Built-in 430mAh
USB: 5V/400MA
Charge Time: About 1.1H
Pod Capacity: 2ml
Coil Type: Ceramic
Coil Resistance: 1.2ohms
Colours: Red Black, Green Black, Blue Black, Black, White

The Pod

The Pod is coloured (with my version tinted Black) but fully transparent so no issues with seeing the juice level. The shape is rounded towards the top to complete the pill shape when inserted into the device, it also flattens duckbill style to make it a very comfortable vape. On the bottom of the pod we have the contacts and between these a hole that will line up when inside the device to lead to the membrane switch. On the outer edges of the bottom of the pod we have fill ports with bungs that stay attached to the pod when removed, when filling remove both so air can escape from one while you fill using the other. The fill ports are not the biggest so if using glass droppers you will need to decant into another bottle with a thinner nozzle. The coil in the pod is a ceramic 1.2ohm, you only get the one pod which is a con as all pod systems should be coming with a spare.

Fitting The Pod

Looking inside the device we can see the spring loaded contacts and between them is a hole that leads to the membrane switch. The pod just gets press fitted into the device but it's a nice tight fit. The fitting is snug so because the airflow is fed via the joint between pod and device this explains the draw the Wye gives which i will talk about in the Performance section.

Operating The Wye

The Wye has a physical button but it isn't a fire button so the device has draw activation only so to vape simply take a draw from the device. To turn the device on and off is 5 clicks of the button and to confirm the Teslacigs logo on the button flashes 3 times in the current battery status colour. The battery status indication has only two stages so although it's a pro for any pod system to have battery indication i feel it should be 3 stages minimum to be useful. To check the battery status hold the button for 5 seconds, when the teslacigs logo lights Green the battery is between 40% and 100%, when it lights Red it's less than 40%. The Wye also has 4 different voltage level settings which can be set by clicking the button 3 times, once you have clicked the button 3 times the Teslacigs logo alternates between different colours to indicate the different voltage settings, Blue is 3.0v, White 3.3v, Green 3.6v and Purple 3.9v, when the logo is the colour that indicates the setting you want press the button to select and the logo will flash that colour 3 times to show it's selected. When you take a draw on the Wye the logo lights up the colour of the voltage setting you are using if you want to check the voltage setting without vaping simply press the button. As per normal the Wye comes with all the usual safety protections that are indicated by various flashes in different colours when kicking in.

The Protections

Low Resistance Protection
High Resistance Protection
Overcharge Protection
Overheat Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Short Circuit Protection

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Charging The Wye

The Wye is charged via the micro USB port and indication is given while charging, the 430mAh battery takes about an hour to charge. When the battery has less than 40% the logo on the button lights Red and when the charge is above 40% it lights Green, once fully charged it flashes 20 times then goes out, the Wye does not support pass-through.

Performance

The Wye has a much tighter draw than a lot of pod devices so if you like an airy draw it's not for you. Although i personally prefer a loose MTL draw with most pod systems in the market place being quite loose or those like the EQ and Zero which take up the middle ground it's good to see those liking a tight draw getting a device worth looking into. I know all these pod devices are jumping on the nic salts bandwagon with their marketing but actually nic salts and high mg freebase is what makes the Wye tick in my opinion as when i first tried it with low mg freebase i didn't think much of it at all. It doesn't matter which voltage setting you choose the Wye doesn't give that much in the way of cloud and when using with low mg i needed to jump from the lowest to highest setting to really tell any difference. When using nic salts i could tell the difference between each level much more clearly and found for 20mg nic salts 3.6v was the best. The flavour pod systems are giving of late is much improved and the flavour given by the Ceramic 1.2ohm coil of the Wye is no exception, the flavour is just a touch down on the EQ, DV and Zero but only just. The battery life isn't great only lasting half a day even when using nic salts (i vape less using nic salts) and it doesn't support pass-through, but it only takes about an hour to charge. The only other fault i can find is battery status indication, as showing charge when it's above 40% and below 40% is only slightly better than having no indication at all.

Rubber coating
Pocket friendly
Ergonomic
Super lightweight
Good choice of colours
Performed really well with nic salts
4 voltage settings
Voltage setting indication
Device can be turned off
Battery status indication (limited)
Good flavour
Efficient with e-liquid (2ml lasts a long while)
Charges in about an hour
Can see juice level clearly
Multiple protections
Low price (average price i have found $20)

Cons

Poor battery status indication
Battery life not that great
No spare pod
Not for those liking anything other than a tight draw
Not much vaper production (if that's what you like)

I would once again like to thank Gloria for supplying the WYE Pod System Kit 430mAh for the purpose of this review.

http://www.teslacigs.com/design/wyepod.html

VU Sponsors