Become a Patron!

Tesla WYE 200W Down button stuck

So after looking at all forums and searching on google, I didn't find anything helpful

So basically I've put down my mod screen down on the table (layed it on the table) and after I picked it up the screen was stuck on "Locked press fire button 5x" so I took out the batteries and put them back in and screen wasnt turning on nor any buttons working, so I waited about an hour and it finally turned on when I put the bateries back in, but the wattage quickly started going down and thats where im at, its stuck on 7W and is always going down cant ajust anything nor press the fire button because it locks the wattage and gets my mod stuck once again

P.S I'm hoping for a quick and easy fix, because I'm actually going on a vacation tomorrow and at least I need a temporary fix

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU. It sounds like you might have a button jarred somewhere or some liquid potentially leaked in the mod. Have you disassembled and made sure its dry inside and the buttons are free, lined correctly and not gummed up? Did you have an RDA on it and have it leak juice out onto the mod?

This might be a simple clean job.

Welcome to VU. It sounds like you might have a button jarred somewhere or some liquid potentially leaked in the mod. Have you disassembled and made sure its dry inside and the buttons are free, lined correctly and not gummed up? Did you have an RDA on it and have it leak juice out onto the mod?

This might be a simple clean job.

Hey, I haven't disassembled it yet, but I had an rda on it at some point which was leaking pretty badly, but I moved to tfv 8 cloud beast king so it wouldnt leak
but I could try disassembling it and try to dry it

But its also pretty weird, it doesnt always turn on after turning it on and off i have to wait ~30minutes for it to work again

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
More specifically a good clean. Some juice will get gummy after a while and cause buttons to stick or allow dirt to cake up and cause it to stick. Kind of sounds like your up/down button may be in such a state. If you do disassemble and clean, use rubbing alcohol.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Here is a tear down video.

Here is a tear down video.

Well now I have another problem, I don't have that kind of screwdriver for these screws, tried one for tank coil screws, but the screwdriver was too big.

so where could I get a screwdriver which could fit in those screws?

Edit: Well the button isn't stuck anymore, but I have another problem now when I lock the fire button or power lock it, it just freezes. and I have to wait 30-60minutes for it to work again

Last edited:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Im not sure where you are but any hardware store should sell little assorted screwdriver kits. You should most certainly have one for maintenance. I do believe you will need to get that thing apart and see what the internals look like. For your holiday you may want to grab a mod locally and circle back to this on your return.

Im not sure where you are but any hardware store should sell little assorted screwdriver kits. You should most certainly have one for maintenance. I do believe you will need to get that thing apart and see what the internals look like. For your holiday you may want to grab a mod locally and circle back to this on your return.

I mean, I have a vape pen v8, but its kinda broken too, the button is stuck and I think the spring fell inside the battery, and I have no idea how to disassemble it

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I mean, I have a vape pen v8, but its kinda broken too, the button is stuck and I think the spring fell inside the battery, and I have no idea how to disassemble it

A pattern is beginning to emerge, one of which I understand well. I am rough on things too. Sometimes this is just par for the course when handling things in a rough manner. A shorter product usable life span. It is a reason why a good tool kit is essential and a desire to make broken things unbroken.

In this case due to time constraints, it may be worth a trip to the local vape shop to pick up a hold over mod.

VU Sponsors