Become a Patron!

Tesla two USB port not working

Mines doing the same thing, I can wiggle the usb cable, and if I hold it in the right place and prop something next to it, I can get it to charge, very frustrating as I use this one while my 18650 batteries charge for my cherry bomber, if anyone has a fix, I'd surely appreciate it as well!

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
With them dropping I would assume the solder joints on the charging pot broke off. It would have to be resoldered. No "easy" fix.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hi_Plains_Drifter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Stop useing it....If you can Pull the battery out .If not get it to someone that can..Do not try to charge it anymore .

Hi_Plains_Drifter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lots of these mods have there boards just hotglued in place and can break free and then short out .

Pulled mine apart and one of the pins for the usb charger was loose from the board, nothing glued, seems to be a nice unit, uses 19500 batteries and heavy wire with nice solder connections except on the usb duh lol

Same thing happened to me... any thoughts on resoldering a new micro USB port myself, or take it to someone more familiar with circuit boards. Also how difficult would it be to modify the mod from parallel to series?

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same thing happened to me... any thoughts on resoldering a new micro USB port myself, or take it to someone more familiar with circuit boards. Also how difficult would it be to modify the mod from parallel to series?

This thread is a year old. You might get more answers and some fix-it advise over at the Regulated mod threads instead of this mechanical mod thread. This thread was posted in the wrong place to begin with.

I got this mod from someone else and it won't charge but when I click the button multiple times it flashes red. He never said anything about dropping it or stuff like that and I'm not sure what's wrong with it or how I can get it to hold a charge.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hi, I have used e-cigs, MODs etc for 4 years now but have repaired phones and tablets for much longer. Mostly now I sell components for those devices and micro USB ports are our primary focus. We have over 200 different types with different mounting configurations. I won't pretend to know what the best way to charge is but regardless if the PCB is well made you should be able to charge via USB and at least do firmware updates. If you need any replacement USB ports feel free to contact us. Hope we can help some people save their valued vape gadgets.
http://stores.ebay.com/foxpcparts/Micro-B-AB-USB-Ports-/_i.html?_fsub=4890748012

You can't shill on VU - and I believe you need to register as a vendor

VU Sponsors