Become a Patron!

Tesla shinyo review

wiz4vap

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I received tesla shinyo from sourcemore for the purpose of this review.

Tesla shinyo colors:

- Blue
- Green
- Gun metal
- Ss

3Yfp38Q.jpg

Specification:

- Dimension: 50mm x 29mm x 90mm
- Material: Zinc Alloy
- Cell Type: Two 18650 cells (not included)
- Output Mode: KA/TC(NI, TI, SS316, TCR) mode
- Output Wattage: 5-213W
- Max Output Voltage: 7.5V
- Output Current: 40A
- USB: 5V/1.5A
- Modes: Norm/Soft/Hard/User
- Memory Mode: M1/M2/M3
- Resistance Range: 0.1-3.0ohm
- Temperature Range: 100-300℃/200-600℉

In the box:

- Tesla Shinyo Mod
- Data Cable
- User Manual

dKBv5KC.jpg

Tesla shinyo mod is powered by two 18650 batteries and this device works from 5-213w. Mod is made out of zinc alloy and I can say that build quality of this device is very good. Mod is pretty much heavy and when you hold it you can feel really good build quality of the mod. Dimensions of this mod are 50mm x 29mm x 90mm. Mod is very comfortable for using, I like the shape of the mod, fire button is positioned really good and because of rubber on the sides mod stays perfectly in the hand which is good. In my opinion design of this mod is really nice, on the battery cover you can see "Teslacigs" and logo and from the bottom of the mod you can see "Designed by teslacigs".

rLZ1uzl.jpg

From the top of the mod you can see the connection, threads here are very good and I didn't have any problems with my atomizers, pin is gold plated and spring loaded. Considering the design on the top of the mod on this mod 24mm atomizers looks really good and I usually use 24mm atomizers.
On sides of the mod you can see rubber and because of that mod stays perfectly in the hand which is really nice in my opinion.
On one side of the you can see the fire button, it is a bit clicky, it is protruding and it works really good. The fire button is positioned really nice and you can use the fire button without any problems.

5QI8IYY.jpg

jvztZUv.jpg

From the back side of the mod you can see the battery cover. On the bottom of the cover you can see slot so you can pull the battery cover with your fingernail. The battery cover stays in the place because of magnets and it stays pretty much good there but still we have a little play here, you can move it a bit up and down with your fingers which will be a con for some people. When you take off the battery cover, inside you can see battery orientation painted in white which is good. Also we have here ribbon that helps a lot when you want to take off the batteries. When batteries are inside and when you shake the mod there is no any rattling which is really good.
From the front side of the mod you can see really big screen, plus and minus buttons and usb port.
Usb port you can use here for software upgrade, I didn't find information about balanced charging here, but still I suggest you to charge your batteries in external charger.
Plus and minus buttons works good and I dind't have any problems here.
On this device we have color screen and screen is really big, this is 2inch screen. Brightness of the screen is really good and you can see everything good on the screen. I really like the screen on this device.

SchahxH.jpg

FKMIf4w.jpg

To turn on the device you need to click 5 times on the fire button and you need to do the same to turn off the device. When you turn on the device on the screen you can see:

- W
- Pre heat
- M
- Puff counter
- Battery indicator
- Puff time
- V
- Ohm

To enter the menu you need to click 3 times on the fire button and when you enter the menu you can see:

- Output
- Taste (pre heat)
- Memory
- Ohms
- Puffs

We have few working modes here:

- KA (VW)
- Ti
- Ni
- Ss
- Tcr

How this device works and my thoughts:

So, tesla shinyo is very well built mod, it is made out of zinc alloy and mod is pretty much heavy. Build quality is really good and when you hold the mod you can feel the build quality. I really like the design of this mod, it looks good. You can buy it in few different colors and I have the blue one, it looks amazing in blue color. Color is beautiful but it is a fingerprint magnet which someone will not like. Shape of the mod is really nice and it is very comfortable for using and because of rubber on the sides it feels really nice in the hand. Position of the fire button is really good and fire button is comfortable for using, also it works really good so far.
This mod looks really good with 24mm atomizers because of the shape on the top of the mod. Mod is powered by two 18650 batteries and it works from 5-213w. The battery cover stays in the place because of magnets but we have a little play here which will be a con to some people. When you put batteries in the mod and when you shake the mod there is no any rattling which is good and also I really like that we have ribbon here so we can easier take off the batteries from the mod.
I really like the screen, it looks really good, it is big, brightness is good and you can see everything without any problems on the screen. Mod supports few working modes that you can use and also this mod has smart function, with smart function mod will always suggest you wattage for new coil that you put on the top. Mod works good, so far I didn't have any problems, it works good with my mtl and with my dtl atomizer. Personally I really like the mod, it works good and build quality of the mod is really good, so if you like the design of this mod I can recommend it for sure.

Cons:

- You can move a bit battery cover up and down with your finger
- Fingerprint magnet

Pros:

- Really nice design
- Comfortable for using
- Good build quality
- Fire button works good
- I really like the rubber on sides
- Very nice screen
- Good brightness of the screen
- Ribbon that helps to take off batteries