Become a Patron!

Tesla 160W TC Wooden Box Mod

Hello everyone, I just purchased the Tesla 160W and I was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations for RDAs or RTAs.

I am looking into the Horizon Arctic Sub Ohm Tank. I am not sure of RDAs though.

Thanks a lot!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello everyone, I just purchased the Tesla 160W and I was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations for RDAs or RTAs.

I am looking into the Horizon Arctic Sub Ohm Tank. I am not sure of RDAs though.

Thanks a lot!

Hi! and welcome to VU! Hope you find what you're looking for...the Arctic is one of my all time favorite tanks with the .2 ohm coils cranked up to around 70 watts...I think it's got really great flavor for what it is and I hope you enjoy it.

As for what RDA should you buy? That's a very personal question...what are you looking for...clouds, flavor, for a bit of both? Do you have an ohm's meter already? If not you should be being that before you get an RDA or anything else if you're wanting to get into rebuilding...safety first.

If you give as a bit more info on what you're looking for out of an RDA/RTA I can give you more specific recommendations and so can others based on our personal experiences and preferences but ultimately it's up to you if you'll like it or not. For an RTA I am always going to recommend the Kayfun or an Orchid, others have other preferences but those two are my favorites....

Even a Kanger subtank has really easy to rebuild factory OCC heads and an RDA deck so you can experiment both ways with a single tank and you can get them, or at least the mini for sure, under 40 bucks. That tank is a middle of the road tank, ok clouds, ok flavor, but it's an awesome tank for beginner rebuilder and vapor shard sells premade Temp control OCC heads with nickel wire coils factory made so you can even try temp control without having to rebuild the deck with nickel which can be very tricky till you get the hang of it even for an experienced builder. I don't use the RDA deck it comes with, I just rebuild the OCC heads...I like them better and I think it's got much better juice flow with the OCC heads then the RDA deck but I haven't tried the latest version of the subtank that is supposed to have bigger juice flow for the RDA...but anyways...

As for attys....I am not a cloud chaser, I am a flavor chaser so my RDA collection reflects that as such...however I am fond of the Mutation X version 3. I haven't had a chance to get ahold of the version 4 yet but don't waste your time with the V2 and it's crappy triangle headed grub screw failure...the V3 is a solid cloud atty with surprisingly good flavor for a cloud atty. The Dark horse is another popular cloud chaser right now but I don't have one so I can't give you an opinion on it personally, just I know many people are fond of it as well as The Doge V2 and the newest one. There are some many to chose from you'll have to do some research and decide for yourself.

For a flavor atty I would recommend the Magma...it's become a middle school staple atty...Infinite makes an awesome near perfect clone of it and you can get it on ebay and online stores for around 20 bucks or less. I also love my Manta V2, it's a hard clone to find just like the original but it can be done if you google for it...it's a top airflow atty so it's the closest thing to leak proof as you can get but it's designed for flavor and has a very tight small chamber and doesn't do well with builds below .4 heat wise...but the flavor on it is killer! I also love the Storm V2, you can get it from Vapor DNA for under 30 bucks....it's a vertical coil atty that doesn't like wire thicker than 27 gauge...its very simular to the veritas atty, it's got huge airflow and deep wells and again, a small chamber and killer flavor for the price, but it only works as a dual vertical coil atty...there's no point in building a horizontal coil in it and you can't close the airflow off on one side. Also, the TOBH is probably the most popular atty of last year and is still a good middle of the road atty.

My favorite atty right now is a mutt atty made from parts of different attys to make a super atty :) ...I have an old authentic Patriot V1.2 deck with an Afinity Pyrex glass topcap with 1/8th inch airflow holes...you can get the glass cap from Vapor DNA as well...putting the glass cap on the Patriot deck made it into a whole new atomizer with awesome flavor and impressive clouds for not being meant as a cloud chasing setup...I was honestly surprised.

What you need to do as well if possible is find the closest brick and mortar store if there is one within travel distance of you with the biggest selection so you can see these atty's in your and and how they look in real life to help pick the best one for you...even if you go home and buy it online for cheaper. I am all for supporting my local shops, but I also understand what it's like to vape on a budget...still there's no amount of pictures and words that can make up for holding something in your hand.

Below I am attaching my standard library of links from a few other threads...another member and me wrote out a bunch of good basic information every beginner needs and instead of rewriting it over and over I just link it at the end of my posts since I know I ramble on and on :) also I am linking an ohm's law calculator and the steam engine coil building tool so you can experiment with virtual builds to see how they would work in theory in real life. Hope this info was helpful and I wish you happy vaping! :)

http://thelocust.net/ohm/ <---ohm's law calculator
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp <---steam engine coil building tool

and below is some "light reading" to be done at your own pace...it will help you on the way...if you know all of it already than disregard...I am just trying to help...

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/new-sort-of-to-vaping-and-want-huge-clouds.57203/#post-342138
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/looking-for-the-best-sub-tanks-and-rda.73126/#post-428210
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-sick-clouds-bro-thread-sticky-edition.78126/

Hi! and welcome to VU! Hope you find what you're looking for...the Arctic is one of my all time favorite tanks with the .2 ohm coils cranked up to around 70 watts...I think it's got really great flavor for what it is and I hope you enjoy it.

As for what RDA should you buy? That's a very personal question...what are you looking for...clouds, flavor, for a bit of both? Do you have an ohm's meter already? If not you should be being that before you get an RDA or anything else if you're wanting to get into rebuilding...safety first.

If you give as a bit more info on what you're looking for out of an RDA/RTA I can give you more specific recommendations and so can others based on our personal experiences and preferences but ultimately it's up to you if you'll like it or not. For an RTA I am always going to recommend the Kayfun or an Orchid, others have other preferences but those two are my favorites....

Even a Kanger subtank has really easy to rebuild factory OCC heads and an RDA deck so you can experiment both ways with a single tank and you can get them, or at least the mini for sure, under 40 bucks. That tank is a middle of the road tank, ok clouds, ok flavor, but it's an awesome tank for beginner rebuilder and vapor shard sells premade Temp control OCC heads with nickel wire coils factory made so you can even try temp control without having to rebuild the deck with nickel which can be very tricky till you get the hang of it even for an experienced builder. I don't use the RDA deck it comes with, I just rebuild the OCC heads...I like them better and I think it's got much better juice flow with the OCC heads then the RDA deck but I haven't tried the latest version of the subtank that is supposed to have bigger juice flow for the RDA...but anyways...

As for attys....I am not a cloud chaser, I am a flavor chaser so my RDA collection reflects that as such...however I am fond of the Mutation X version 3. I haven't had a chance to get ahold of the version 4 yet but don't waste your time with the V2 and it's crappy triangle headed grub screw failure...the V3 is a solid cloud atty with surprisingly good flavor for a cloud atty. The Dark horse is another popular cloud chaser right now but I don't have one so I can't give you an opinion on it personally, just I know many people are fond of it as well as The Doge V2 and the newest one. There are some many to chose from you'll have to do some research and decide for yourself.

For a flavor atty I would recommend the Magma...it's become a middle school staple atty...Infinite makes an awesome near perfect clone of it and you can get it on ebay and online stores for around 20 bucks or less. I also love my Manta V2, it's a hard clone to find just like the original but it can be done if you google for it...it's a top airflow atty so it's the closest thing to leak proof as you can get but it's designed for flavor and has a very tight small chamber and doesn't do well with builds below .4 heat wise...but the flavor on it is killer! I also love the Storm V2, you can get it from Vapor DNA for under 30 bucks....it's a vertical coil atty that doesn't like wire thicker than 27 gauge...its very simular to the veritas atty, it's got huge airflow and deep wells and again, a small chamber and killer flavor for the price, but it only works as a dual vertical coil atty...there's no point in building a horizontal coil in it and you can't close the airflow off on one side. Also, the TOBH is probably the most popular atty of last year and is still a good middle of the road atty.

My favorite atty right now is a mutt atty made from parts of different attys to make a super atty :) ...I have an old authentic Patriot V1.2 deck with an Afinity Pyrex glass topcap with 1/8th inch airflow holes...you can get the glass cap from Vapor DNA as well...putting the glass cap on the Patriot deck made it into a whole new atomizer with awesome flavor and impressive clouds for not being meant as a cloud chasing setup...I was honestly surprised.

What you need to do as well if possible is find the closest brick and mortar store if there is one within travel distance of you with the biggest selection so you can see these atty's in your and and how they look in real life to help pick the best one for you...even if you go home and buy it online for cheaper. I am all for supporting my local shops, but I also understand what it's like to vape on a budget...still there's no amount of pictures and words that can make up for holding something in your hand.

Below I am attaching my standard library of links from a few other threads...another member and me wrote out a bunch of good basic information every beginner needs and instead of rewriting it over and over I just link it at the end of my posts since I know I ramble on and on :) also I am linking an ohm's law calculator and the steam engine coil building tool so you can experiment with virtual builds to see how they would work in theory in real life. Hope this info was helpful and I wish you happy vaping! :)

http://thelocust.net/ohm/ <---ohm's law calculator
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp <---steam engine coil building tool

and below is some "light reading" to be done at your own pace...it will help you on the way...if you know all of it already than disregard...I am just trying to help...

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/new-sort-of-to-vaping-and-want-huge-clouds.57203/#post-342138
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/looking-for-the-best-sub-tanks-and-rda.73126/#post-428210
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-sick-clouds-bro-thread-sticky-edition.78126/

WOW!! Thank you for all of the feedback! I will for sure look into everything! The steam engine coil building site is very cool as well!

VU Sponsors