JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Vape well and welcome :wave:

But watch out for that pesky FDA - it has some mighty long arms....

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We don't have much to complain about here in Tennessee in regards to vaping laws.
Vape on!
I applaud everyone that has kicked the smoking habit.

They're pretty sane about vaping down here in GA too -- the states that DIDN'T sell MSA-backed tobacco bonds don't have as much to lose from vaping, and lots to gain -- it's nice having responsible gov't, isn't it! :)

Welcome to VU!
Andria

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
More welcomes from Ga!

I don't think vaping being under the radar here has as much to do with "responsible gov't" as it does the probability that they haven't heard of it back in their 1850's mindsets. ;) And that haven't figured out how to graft off the industry lol.

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One more welcome from GA!
aeb6b8009fe5239e71feda748350aaa6.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
More welcomes from Ga!

I don't think vaping being under the radar here has as much to do with "responsible gov't" as it does the probability that they haven't heard of it back in their 1850's mindsets. ;) And that haven't figured out how to graft off the industry lol.

I dunno, I wrote to our 7th district congressman, Rob Woodall, expressing my opinions and knowledge about the wonderfulness of vaping -- and he wrote me back a personal letter! And in it, he said that IF vaping needs "any further regulation," that it's his opinion that it should NOT be at the federal level, and he intended to work towards that end -- and he's on the Ways and Means committee, so I consider that a strong win!

Andria

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I dunno, I wrote to our 7th district congressman, Rob Woodall, expressing my opinions and knowledge about the wonderfulness of vaping -- and he wrote me back a personal letter! And in it, he said that IF vaping needs "any further regulation," that it's his opinion that it should NOT be at the federal level, and he intended to work towards that end -- and he's on the Ways and Means committee, so I consider that a strong win!

Andria
And we've got the Bishop of the Cole-Bishop bill. And Alan Peake here in Macon. So yeah, not all bad.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And we've got the Bishop of the Cole-Bishop bill. And Alan Peake here in Macon. So yeah, not all bad.

I think the lawmakers in GA are able to see past the MSA to the fact that keeping your constituents alive longer is a good thing, because GA hasn't sold any of those "tobacco bonds". And you know how prevalent smoking still is, in the south, so it's a good likelihood that our lawmakers have maybe battled cigarettes themselves, or watched a loved one battling them, or had loved one die due to smoking-related illness. In places where smoking isn't so common, and there have been tobacco-bonds sold, there is less incentive to see the positive aspects of vaping, and also be blinded by all that money that may be lost, thx to vaping.

Andria

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to the underground :cheers:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fellow Tennessean here as well, no complaints yet..... welcome aboard! From which part of our great state do you hail?

VU Sponsors