Become a Patron!

Temp control question.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So i started using temp control today. A ipv4s I bought from Breazy.com and a Atlantis 2 nice flavor lots of vape. It's hitting nice I guess at 40j @425f. My question is how do I know if I'm at optimal temp and joules. After about 4 good pulls bottom of atty is hot. Not sure if that's a sign that the temp is too high or to low. And as far as joules how do I know if it's too high or low. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
73d2aaac904ce01a58795c2af1cb287f.jpg

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the flavor is where you want it at that temp you're good to go! (Yes, my tanks get hot too)

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea it's a nice flavor and vapor production is outstanding.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I don't have a lot of experience with joules, my TC devices are set by temp and wattage, but you could try playing with different joules settings to fine tune the flavor/vapor and see if it has any effect on how hot the tank gets. Otherwise, if it is where you like it already, and the tank isn't actually burning your fingers when you touch it, then it is probably "normal". Remember that the coil is in the bottom of the tank, and the heat generated is going to be most intense where the coil is.

I run my SubTank Mini at 440 degrees with 25-30 watts, although I have gone as high as 50. At these settings it does get pretty warm, especially if I am chain vaping.

HTH!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i find in tc, and im still figuring it out, that you set your temp, then the Joules or Watts limits the MAX amount of power the device will use to heat the coil. So if you only use 10 J on 572F ts going to take a while to heat that coil to 572. but if you set it to 50 J you get to your temp very quickly if not immediately.

I find myself just leaving my D2 at 50J and it works fine.

To find your perfect temp, which will probably vary based on the flavor of the juice. STart at 300F 50J try it. go to 325, then 350 the 375 then 400 etc unitl you find teh new setting isnt as good as the old. then try everything in between those two to find teh perfect temp
then play with your joules

I find my DIY peach mango is good at 572 but I like it more at 500
while HIC's 3 milky musketeers tastes better to me at 440ish

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Right now I have it at 40j and 425f. Tank get really hot so not sure if it's normal. But flavor is good.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't want to start it at 50j. The coil is only rated 20-45watts

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i find in tc, and im still figuring it out, that you set your temp, then the Joules or Watts limits the MAX amount of power the device will use to heat the coil. So if you only use 10 J on 572F ts going to take a while to heat that coil to 572. but if you set it to 50 J you get to your temp very quickly if not immediately.

I find myself just leaving my D2 at 50J and it works fine.

To find your perfect temp, which will probably vary based on the flavor of the juice. STart at 300F 50J try it. go to 325, then 350 the 375 then 400 etc unitl you find teh new setting isnt as good as the old. then try everything in between those two to find teh perfect temp
then play with your joules

I find my DIY peach mango is good at 572 but I like it more at 500
while HIC's 3 milky musketeers tastes better to me at 440ish

Same as what I'm finding. The temp is the temp.
Joules is the speed you get up to the temp.

You could set 50J at 250° and have a cool vape or you could set 20J at 500° and it will take forever but you would eventually get to a hot vape... if you have the lung capacity to take a 1 minute pull :)

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What effect will I get if temp is too high?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Warmer vape that's all. My ideal settings are around 480-550°f 38j-50j depending on guage and if its single or dual coil

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

eastlocket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Probably most of these guys don't have the aspire 2 tank, I did at one point, but just to clear things up, that fucker gets hot as shit, it doesn't matter what MOD it goes on, after about 5 to 6 pulls it will get hot, the only thing I have found that can help is that if I notice it is hot I will stop using it and put it in front of the AC or a fan or something, so try that, but other then that it will get hot, and yes other tanks and addys get hot, but I have never had one get that bad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Vaping Raven

Member For 4 Years
Probably most of these guys don't have the aspire 2 tank, I did at one point, but just to clear things up, that fucker gets hot as shit, it doesn't matter what MOD it goes on, after about 5 to 6 pulls it will get hot, the only thing I have found that can help is that if I notice it is hot I will stop using it and put it in front of the AC or a fan or something, so try that, but other then that it will get hot, and yes other tanks and addys get hot, but I have never had one get that bad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

That's the one downside to the Atlantis 2, The damn thing gets really hot fast even at low wattage settings if I vape 5 or 6 vapes in a few minutes I have to wait for it to cool down. That occurs with or without the NI 200 coils as well. I have tried it on 3 different mods still the same issue. But that's one of the downsides to that tank.

VU Sponsors