Become a Patron!

Tarot Nano Spitting

First time poster here. New to vaping over the last few weeks. I have the tarot nano mod with the veco tank and an euc 0.4ohm traditional coil.

The first week or so of using the vape was great. Now every time I take a hit, I have a sizzling noise. More often than not I get spitting of hot juice into my mouth. I have tried changing the coil, cleaning the tank thoroughly but as soon as I put it back together it happens again.

I have played around with the settings. The recommended wattage is 40w and have increased to 50w to see if this works better. I may have less sizzling noise but the juice is still hitting my mouth but hotter. Also, 50W produces a vapor that is a little warm for my preference. I have also tried adjusting the airflow without change.

All the seals look to be in good condition (plus it's only about 3 weeks old)

The only change I have made is the juice I'm vaping. Bought some vape wild juice 80+VG 0mg. Would this cause this problem?

Should I look at changing my tank? If so, suggestions for my mod?

TIA

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I get minimal spit back from my Tarot Nano. Doesn't really bother me. Sounds like it is worse for you though? How bad is it? Is it like a full-on spray or is it not quite that bad?

Honestly feels like my tongue is being sprayed with juice. Makes the flavor very intense (but in a bad way).

I don't know if maybe this is what is supposed to happen but I had tried a friends vape before I bought mine (I don't know which set up) and it was just rich creamy smoke and no spit back

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I just checked out the tank on a vendor site. Looks pretty simple. I would say just clean the chimney, under the drip tip, inside the drip tip, and make sure the coil is in straight and not slightly slanted.
Popping could be air bubbles in the coil as well. Try a fast, 1 second fire without sucking on the vape. At a lower power level, so you don't cook your coil, you only want to heat the wire, not burn the cotton.

Im having the same problem...its brand new and spitback is bothering me a little. Any cure pls let me know. A bit dissapointed.

Alright i got one tip at least

The key is you need good airflow - if the juice gets too hot without airflow, it will spit. With sub-ohm, or 0.5, it will heat twice as fast as 1ohm

What's worked for me so far you lower wattage to about 20w, open airflow wide, take stronger hits with lots of airflow - this stopped spitting for me and allowed nice draws with reasonable clouds. I guess this is why sub ohming is better for hits direct to lung rather than mouth to lung.

Okay so i tell lies - actually apparently the key is avoid flooding tank by lettingg it build up using low heat - so use higher wattage.

Also use higher pg - i'm using 70/30 but maybe 80 or 100 vg would work better - pg boils more easy

Having said that... I still get spitting quite a lot of the time - taking stronger hits with more air flowing through is the only thing that seems to help most times so far

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Couple other things to mention, a low battery, bad or too dry or flooded coil, all can factor into spit backs, Welcome to the forum:wave:

Hey guys,

I tried out Temperture Control (TC) - This seems to vape in a much different way to the wattage mode for some reason - instead of having a kind of steady build up and having some resistance, it seems to not do much for half a second then suddenly blast with what feels like little air resistance. It makes a different sound, doesn't spit like it was before, and doesn't dry hit like it was a little while ago (coil seemed to wear out in 2-3days and not sure why, perhaps because i have super sweet ejuice at the moment, but TC seems to stop it dry hitting and retain flavor even with a slightly bunged up coil.). It's a bit awkward to vape, maybe i just haven't figured out the settings to use.

A few questions for anyone experienced with this or has any advice? ANY advice much appreciated.
1 ) Which setting should i use? There is M1 and M2 where you can set temperature in settings, but also adjust it once in the mode which confuses me. For the other modes, I don't know whether to select (Ni, Ti, Stainless Steel, or NiFe - I have the usual EUC Traditional Cotton Clapton coils 0.4 and 0.5ohm.

2) What settings work for you? Do you mess with the temprature chart?

3) How do you get it to vape normally like in the normal Wattage setting mode? If you imagine drinking a drink with a straw, in Wattage Control mode it's like I'm sucking up water like a normal drink. In TC, it's like the straw is blocked for half a second, then the straw sucks fast like the straw is half in/half out of the water and it suddenly comes quite fast

I'm so confused lol, but it seems to be helping a bit with spitting (and eventual dry hitting when coil starts decreasing in performance)

Thanks

The main question is whether these Traditional EUC Clapton Coils 0.4/0.5 ohm use Kanthal wire or if they are Stainless or Nickle. People say most Clapton coils made of are Kanthal. Therefore they would not suitable for TC. However I haven't been able to confirm what they actually are. Anyone know?

Do I have to buy a new tank which supports other coils to use Temperature control?

Every device has a sweet spot. I have a lot of customers who say they have watched a video that recommended 40 watts. What I am finding it it spitting hot juice at 40 watts and the hit was too warm to be comfortable for me. Yesterday I worked with a customer and when we got it down to about 25 watts she was getting great vapor... as much as I get at 60 watts with the Phantom tank.... and we weren't having the issues with burnt taste, tip burning her lip and juice spitting. Don't be afraid to play with your device. Every device and every juice is different. If your setting at 40watts I would turn it down and play with it a little. The flavor of juices also varies on what wattage it tastes best at. Thinner juices I wouldn't recommend with a ceramic coil to start with but a 70VG should work fine. Ceramic coils take longer to fully saturate I have noticed and they don't seem to be really working their best tip after they have been used a little while.

hi, First time poster here. New to vaping to starting a week ago I also have the tarot nano mod with the veco tank and with an euc 0.4ohm traditional coil.

The first few days of vaping were good then after that i started getting popping and crackling noise along with spitting. I have also tried changing the coil, cleaning the tank thoroughly but as soon as I put it back together again it is ok for a couple of drags then it happens again.

I have also tried playing around with the settings. i've tried the recommended wattage of 40w going all the way down to 20w where i can't taste the flavour but does help a little with the popping and spitting. I'm using a mix of pg 30/vg 70 also tried different airflow setting.

are these devices faulty? as there seems to be a lot of vapours with the same issue with this model!

i have tried my friends vapour with know problems on 30w with the same mix of pg30/vg70 on his kangertech.

any help would be appreciated as I'm pretty disappointed with this tarot nano so far.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
hi, First time poster here. New to vaping to starting a week ago I also have the tarot nano mod with the veco tank and with an euc 0.4ohm traditional coil.

The first few days of vaping were good then after that i started getting popping and crackling noise along with spitting. I have also tried changing the coil, cleaning the tank thoroughly but as soon as I put it back together again it is ok for a couple of drags then it happens again.

I have also tried playing around with the settings. i've tried the recommended wattage of 40w going all the way down to 20w where i can't taste the flavour but does help a little with the popping and spitting. I'm using a mix of pg 30/vg 70 also tried different airflow setting.

are these devices faulty? as there seems to be a lot of vapours with the same issue with this model!

i have tried my friends vapour with know problems on 30w with the same mix of pg30/vg70 on his kangertech.

any help would be appreciated as I'm pretty disappointed with this tarot nano so far.

I believe the tarot nano is a good little mod. You just need to get a better tank.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't have the mod or tank and it might of been mentioned here but maybe try a different coil. I am not sure how many options you have for that tank.

Guys, I've had the Tarot Nano for quite a few months now. The secret is... Use the ceramic EUC coils instead of the Traditional EUC coils. However, I've tried a couple of them and they do seem to have less flavor. They do significantly reduce the spitting though, now it's pretty smooth and very little spitting.

If anyone succeeded in eliminating spitting with Traditional ones let me know - couldn't do it after months of using them, just kinda got used to it..

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just wanted to point out... the Tarot nano is a MOD... the tank it comes with is the Vaporesso Veco Sub-Ohm Tank. Mods don't spit; they provide power.

Expecting not to get spit-back from one of those humongous huff tips is fairly amusing. No, you cannot expect "the tank it comes with" to be workable, not for everyone, because sub-ohm vaping is not for everyone. Try a different atomizer.

Andria

Hey guys, new member here. Started vaping 3 weeks ago and the Tarot Nano is my first Mod. I have also had a spitting issue and I have been doing a lot of research and playing around to reduce spitting. On the Vapeoresso website under the EUC Coils brochure you will find the different type of Coils that the Tarot Nano is compatible with. The EUC Traditional 0.4 ohm 40-50 watt coil is preinstalled and the EUC Ceramic SS316L 25-35 watt Coil is included as a spare. Now when I started, because I was getting used to Vaping, I started each coil on a very low Wattage which would break in the coil. Thing is what we all got to understand is that if you change your coil and when your Mod prompts you "New load" "Old Load" depending on what maximum wattage your coil is, the mod will set it to it highest. Please don't start smoking a new coil on high wattage. What I did is I used the EUC Ceramic SS316L 25-35 watt Coil and I started off on 15.00 watts, after 10 or 15 puffs I took it up to 20 and took more puffs and I slowly worked my way up to 25 Watts and left it on 25 for about 2 tank refills. While doing this I had NO SPITTING. So I tried with The EUC Traditional 0.4 ohm 40-50 watt coil and I had a tiny bit of spitting but I kept it on 35 to 30 for a 3 tank refills and now I am on 40 Watts and out of 20 hits I would have 4 hits where I would have a couple of drops hitting my tongue. So my advice is

Break in your coils and start off on a low wattage for atleast 1 or 2 tank refills.

Prime your coils before installing and don't go higher then the limited wattage on the coil

Attached is a screen shot of the different coils and what were included in the purchase of the Tarot Nano.

I hope this helps, please share and reply to this thread your thoughts and questions

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 12.35.11.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 12.35.11.png
    510.7 KB · Views: 8

VU Sponsors