Become a Patron!

Tanks that don't leak?

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a kayfun at the moment and the airflow sucks...like literally I have to cover the hole to pull juice up into where the coil and wick live just to get a hit...simultaneously causing leaks...which waste juice...I'm over it! Any tank suggestions that don't leak and have awesome airflow? Thanks!

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lemo/Lemo Drop. I've never owned a kayfun, but those who have say the Lemo's airflow is incredible compared to the kayfun. I've had my Lemo Drop for about 2 months and have yet to have any leaking.

Last edited:

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes! Thank you! Now, possible stupid question, but its a rebuildable correct?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have several Kayfuns. And none of them leak unless I have made a mistake putting them back together. As far as getting Liquid to the wicks, try backing off the base of the chimney from the deck by about 1/2 to 1 turn, That will let extra liquid get to the wicks.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yay! I'm gonna try to track one down. Thank you so much!

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have several Kayfuns. And none of them leak unless I have made a mistake putting them back together. As far as getting Liquid to the wicks, try backing off the base of the chimney from the deck by about 1/2 to 1 turn, That will let extra liquid get to the wicks.
Oh OK! I will try it, thanks!

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yay! I'm gonna try to track one down. Thank you so much!

I think that's a good choice. The flavor these tanks produce is awesome. You should be able to find one for about $36-$40. I just ordered another one this morning. good luck.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like either a wicking issue or too high a VG content on your kayfun. It's also possible that particular clone has juice channels that aren't very deep.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah dude...the juice channels are weak sauce and I'm sure my juice is too thick for it to handle. my wicking is perfect. I've used different juice with same wicking technique and had fewer probs

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I vape 15/85 juice in my tanks and don't have issues with RTA's. Of course, every type has it's own little quirks on how to do it. I also don't do low sub-ohms either. ;)

Fogger, Aqua, Orchid, Elrkonigan...all slightly different wicking and builds.

The Fogger v4 and Orchid v4 have bigass channels and airflow. Especially the Orchid v4 and v6.
I've heard the Silverplay RTA is another contender for RBA performance in a RTA, but haven't tried one.

This is my Orchid v4:

0F5Kl8sl.jpg

Peeps are modding them to make the airflow and capacity even larger. Me, I just used the KF full tank instead of the stock Orchid one for extra capacity...no drilling just yet...lol

Since so many clones are made by so many companies, there is a LOT of QC variance too, even from the same lot. I have two Aquas from the same vendor, and while one is perfect the other has never worked quite right. It's just not machined well enough.

CNC tools & dies gets worn out over production runs, if they don't keep up the maintenance, bad QC will happen. :(

Last edited:

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have come to the conclusion that there's no such thing as a tank that doesn't leak. The only tank I have that never leaked was the AgaT2 but that doesn't vape either.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think that there is such a sure thing as a tank that is guaranteed to be free from leaks. Any device on the market can have technical and structural flaws. Even with a good reputation and excellent track record there's always the chance you may end up with a lemon. The Eleaf Lemo RTA is a good option. If you want to try a hybrid you can look into the Kanger Subtanks. The new Smok Vct is getting very good reviews as well and no issues with leaking. All have good airflow. Hope this helps and good luck.

Last edited:

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 for the silverplay. Airy draw, plenty of vapor, loads of flavor, relatively easy build. I use @franciscan 's "mickey-mouse ear" build method and get no leaks, good flow. Only con I really have is not being able to see how much juice im putting in, though you can rebuild it with kayfun parts from what I hear. Love mine so far!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ill be trying a kayfun here shortly...Some research goes a long way in solving the common issues or improving performance on just about any tank...No one tank meets every ones needs or wants.

Air flow can be increased, wicking can be improved as well, then you have a solid tank

I plan to drill the air hole and enlarge the channels or maybe even just notch part of the chimney where the channels are for increased juice flow...once issues are resolved im pretty sure the kayfun is a kick ass tank from what i understand.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gotta say my favorite RTA is definately the orchid V4 and V6. But left on its side or going to hot or cold enviroments it does tend to weep. The second place winner for me is the aqua V2. I've only had mine a couple of weeks but it has become my favorite travelling tank. Hot and cold don't bother it and I throw it on the passenger seat with no leaking. I have tried everything I can think of to make it leak. It just doesn't !!! Flavor is very good. I am playing with different builds to maximize. Airflow is good and easy to drill a second hole if needed. Not as good flavor as my orchid but if I could only have one atty this would be it.

plinsday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've a leaking issue with my orchid v3. It will be fine while I'm using it or staring at it lol but I'll let it stand there and come back to it and all the juice will be run down and out all over everything. Soaked my w2s the other day and now they smell great but I'd like it to stop leaking :(

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've a leaking issue with my orchid v3. It will be fine while I'm using it or staring at it lol but I'll let it stand there and come back to it and all the juice will be run down and out all over everything. Soaked my w2s the other day and now they smell great but I'd like it to stop leaking :(
Get a Lemo. I just disassembled mine to check it out and I must say, that it is a well designed tank. It goes for around $30-$40. If I were you, that would be my next investment fo sho.

VU Sponsors