Become a Patron!

Tanks Leak During Flight

Are there any tanks that do not leak during flights? I fly every week and have been noticing my tanks are leaking - I assume from the pressure. As much as I travel, I hate having to empty my tanks every time I fly. Anybody have any suggestions for me?

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
maybe a kayfun v4 that you can shut the juice control off on?

thanks, i was not familiar with kayfun. unfotunately, i am not to that level of commitment yet. $180 for a tank is too rich for my blood.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
clone for $25-35?

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, my first thought after reading the thread title was "stop throwing them"..

I don't know how many tanks you travel with but maybe reduce the number of filled tanks before a flight and fly with a small 20w like an eleaf with a couple filled carts?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Are these in the cabin with you or in the cargo hold with your checked baggage?

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm an over the road trucker, and this is a problem I am very familiar with. Same thing happens when trucking over the mountains out west. Unfortunately, the only tanks that I have found that do not leak (at least with the pressure changes I deal with) are Phiniac and Big Daddy carto tanks. All other carto tanks I have tried, and all other reusable atomizer tanks (ProTank, etc) leak to some degree or another with the pressure changes at different elevations.

What tank are you using now? Perhaps the simplest solution (if it is a bottom fill tank, like an Atlantis or Sub Tank) would be to hold it upside down during takeoff where the liquid isn't exposed to the juice holes. Once you reach your cruising altitude unscrew it as if you were filling it and this will let the thinner, lighter air in and it should be good to vape with no leaking. Then when you are descending for landing do the same thing. Just hold it upside down then let the other air in. This should prevent dry hits which you can get from filling at high altitudes and vaping at low.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe a top coil setup like the iclear 30? They don't get much love because they are not ideal but something like that might work until you get to where you are going. I don't use mine now but it worked okay. Good enough that I'd use it if I had an issue like yours.

VU Sponsors