Become a Patron!

Tank and Mod Compatibility

Hi guys, I'm new to the vaping scene, I have an iclear 30s atomizer with an Xfire vv mod, and I am considering getting a different atomizer for my mod.

So my question is, how do i know if a tank and mod are compatible?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm unfamiliar with the equipment you have. However, just by looking at the pictures online, it seems you can use atomizers with ego style connection, as well as 510 connection. The problem though is your mod, when you're thinking of getting an atomizer with a 510 connection. You would need something like a Kanger Protank 2/3, due to higher resistance coil heads. You can't use any sub ohm tanks with your mod.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The Xfire is an Ego style battery. It does not support Sub ohm vaping. Look at the Aspire Nautilus or Kanger protank 2.

thanks for the input guys, so would it be right to say that the main factor affecting compatibility is whether the Mod supports sub ohm vaping?

If i got a box mod like the Joyetech Evic VTC Mini (which is what I'm considering to get in future) would it work with almost any tank?

Thanks in advance!

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The main factor is how much power the mod puts out and how much power the coil needs. The vision puts out about 9 watts max and most low ohm coils need much more than that. That's why you got the recommendations you got.

Yes the eVic mini is a good mod and will support most tanks. I love mine.

Edit: Most of us started out with that kind of set up and now have a box full of stuff we'll never use. You would be better off saving up and getting the eVic mini full kit now and It won't be or go obsolete.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors