Become a Patron!

Tally Ho! Dolomite Clone

PD Fitzpatrick

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Merry Christmas all! I have been working on getting a solid Dolomite clone down, or something similar but better. I have to give thanks to Smoky for pointing me in a good direction. It has made all the difference.

For those of you who don't know, Dolomite is described as a delicious vanilla custard with fragrant strawberry, a dash of caramel and a hint of choice vanilla bourbon.

It really doesn't taste THAT custardy to me though. And I Vape custards more than anything else. More just tastes like a great vanilla than custard but CAP Vanilla Custard is definitely in there.

The vanilla bourbon is definitely a needed ingredient here and I think FA's vanilla bourbon is the closest to what I'm looking for. When you vape this it doesn't like bourbon really at all.

I have tried FA strawberry, FE strawberry, TFA Strawberry (ripe) and TFA Strawberry and TFA Strawberry is definitely the right type of strawberry for this recipe.

Dolomite seems to have an extremely light chocolate or hazelnut or cream cheese like flavor to it that I just can't quite get.

Any suggestions or corrections are appreciated. Also just wanted to share this because I haven't seen ANYTHING on this recipe online anywhere.

I have made 21 different variations trying different prevents as well as different caramels, vanilla bourbons, ect...
The one below is my favorite and most accurate so far.

2.0% Classic Vanilla FA
1.0% Vanilla bourbon FA
5.5% Vanilla Custard v2 CAP
4.0% Strawberry TFA
0.5% Caramel Cap v2

2.5% French Vanilla TFA can be subbed for classic vanilla. Not sure which I prefer or if a combination of the two will be better yet.

I think this might need to be a bit sweeter and possibly creamier(but it will probably get creamier in a week due to the VC.

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Will it change in a weird way if I sub Strawberry for the ripe one?

PD Fitzpatrick

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The ripe one actually is the only other strawberry that I find works well for this recipe.

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool!! Mixing it right now, I will give it a 2 hours steep time in the CP after that!

PD Fitzpatrick

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice!! Hope you enjoy it!

Be sure to post back if you like it and tell us your thoughts or if you have any alterations!

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I am only thinking on using classic caramel instead of the capella v2, but that is it.

PD Fitzpatrick

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've dropped the VC down to 5%, bumped up the Strawberry to 5.5% and added .75% FA Marshmallow, as well as the 2% Vanillin (thank you smoky). And this is the best combo yet.

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
I've been planning to do a liturgy clone myself, the dolomite is pretty good stuff, but for my personal tastes, liturgy is just oh so good, I have a pretty good idea what's in it, just from vaping it and the descr. On the website. Have you had any experience with this one?

PD Fitzpatrick

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've actually tried to order liturgy twice now and both times accidentally been shipped dolomite. Haha. So I have no reference point but if you search VU for my Bilberry Baggins clone that was my take on the description.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I gave this a try even though I don't have all the exact flavors on hand. The shake and vape is fairly good. I will check it out again in a few days.
I went with:
Vanilla Bourbon FA 3%
Vienna Cream FA 1%
Vanilla Custard V2 Cap 4%
Strawberry FW 4%
Caramel Cap 0.5 %
Sweet Strawberry Cap 3.75%

PD Fitzpatrick

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I gave this a try even though I don't have all the exact flavors on hand. The shake and vape is fairly good. I will check it out again in a few days.
I went with:
Vanilla Bourbon FA 3%
Vienna Cream FA 1%
Vanilla Custard V2 Cap 4%
Strawberry FW 4%
Caramel Cap 0.5 %
Sweet Strawberry Cap 3.75%

I've never tried FW Strawberry. What's it like?

P-A

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Only thing missing is the capella caramel, any sub suggestion, fa caramel, tfa dulce de leche? Are the only alternatives I have :(

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FW Strawberry. What's it like?
Of the strawberries I have tried, which are this one(FW), TFA (Ripe) and Capella's, I like the Flavor West one the best so far. It has a nice balance between fresh and candy. I did like TFA's strawberry (Ripe) somewhat though I found it to be too weak.

VU Sponsors