Become a Patron!

Syringe/needle sizes?

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw someone suggest some Duda 15g/10ml syringes with blunt tips for mixing. I bought some 16g/10ml syringes before I saw this suggestion. Will the ones that I ordered work or are they too small?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They'll work fine. I think I used 14 gauge when I was using syringes, just for the thicker things, like VG. Might be a slower, tighter draw, but they'll work.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The luer lock fittings are all interchangeable, regardless of the gauge of the actual needle, or the size of the syringe.

Andria

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So the larger the number, the smaller the diameter and vise versa ?
Found this chart, this is a big help for me

8a6efea97ad85ef0f182023e2f1975c1.jpg

bae721a98714d93e74727d0e38142cbc.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So the larger the number, the smaller the diameter and vise versa ?
Found this chart, this is a big help for me

8a6efea97ad85ef0f182023e2f1975c1.jpg

bae721a98714d93e74727d0e38142cbc.jpg

Yes, the underlined bit, that's exactly right. However I don't think the colors in the chart are correct. I have fat green ones, which are 14ga. Slightly-less-fat purple are 16ga; red OR pink, 18ga. The difference is that the pink ones are sharp-tipped, the red ones are blunt (they're slightly beveled, but not sharp -- the pink ones are SHARP!). Both the other sizes are blunt.

I also have some 12ga and 13ga, but they're entirely stainless, no colors at all, but the luer lock fittings work properly.

Andria

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use 1.5" 16g for my mixing. Only thing I don't use it for is the VG, but it still works.

Th 14ga is really better for VG, and some of them are quite long, too; something like 2" or maybe 2.5". I do sometimes use a 16ga for Vg, but I don't use much VG, so it's not a huge issue for me.

Andria

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of the blunt tips I have seen say that they are not sterilized. Do you do anything to them prior to use as far as cleaning them? I have a pretty stout constitution, but I don't want to be stupid either.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of the blunt tips I have seen say that they are not sterilized. Do you do anything to them prior to use as far as cleaning them? I have a pretty stout constitution, but I don't want to be stupid either.
I wash em out with alcohol and hot water when between used.. but Ejuice base is an antiseptic itself so has anti bacterial/fungal properties.... nicotine is an natural insecticide..... So thats gotta be helping some.

My filler syringe gets cleaned less than my mixing syringes. As it in near constant use. I might wash when doing others and maybe if going to a flavor that might be affected by residue.

Could always start smoking if the health of vaping risks worry you...... but considering vaping is what 90% safer on a bad day than smoking.... I just don't worry about the small stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wash em out with alcohol and hot water when between used.. but Ejuice base is an antiseptic itself so has anti bacterial/fungal properties.... nicotine is an natural insecticide..... So thats gotta be helping some.

My filler syringe gets cleaned less than my mixing syringes. As it in near constant use. I might wash when doing others and maybe if going to a flavor that might be affected by residue.

Could always start smoking if the health of vaping risks worry you...... but considering vaping is what 90% safer on a bad day than smoking.... I just don't worry about the small stuff.

Good to know.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just rinse 'em out with hot tap water, at the same time I'm rising out my syringes. then a rinse with filtered water, to avoid hard water deposits.

Andria

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Me too. If I use a strong flavor like strawberry or salted caramel, I soak my syringes in baking soda and warm water to neutralize the flavor. Otherwise I rinse 'em off with as hot water as I can stand, and throw 'em in a box to dry.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never used a needle with my syringes for mixing. Never saw a use for 'em.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've never used a needle with my syringes for mixing. Never saw a use for 'em.

They're good for getting stuff out of the very bottom of the bottle. Or, if you get one of those asshole plastic bottles with the defective childproof top, a sharp-pointed needle is great! You have to make 2-3 holes to give it some air pressure, but then you can syringe the contents out, rather than having 15 connimption fits with the defective childproofing. :D

Andria

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They're good for getting stuff out of the very bottom of the bottle. Or, if you get one of those asshole plastic bottles with the defective childproof top, a sharp-pointed needle is great! You have to make 2-3 holes to give it some air pressure, but then you can syringe the contents out, rather than having 15 connimption fits with the defective childproofing. :D

Andria

I don't waste money on small flavor bottles and reordering. A 12ml syringe will fit in the mouth of any bottle I have. The whole syringe.

I have boxes of metal sharp syringes. Just no use for them mixing.

VU Sponsors