Become a Patron!

SXmini - G Class - Dual 18650 200W

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Am I the only one with a significant firing delay when the screen has timed out? Once the screen is on there's basically no delay, but once it's gone black there's around a half to full second delay between the button press and the actual firing.
I think the update fixes that....

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Am I the only one with a significant firing delay when the screen has timed out? Once the screen is on there's basically no delay, but once it's gone black there's around a half to full second delay between the button press and the actual firing.
you mean after it has set for awhile? I had not noticed but I will check it here in a bit

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I think the update fixes that....
It supposedly addresses something to do with a delay but I haven't noticed a difference.
you mean after it has set for awhile? I had not noticed but I will check it here in a bit
Just long enough for the screen to time out. Even if it's sat for a while as long as I tap the button and activate the screen before firing it has no delay. It's as if it waits for the screen to light up before it will fire.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Wow, I haven't heard of that problem on a mod for quite a while. Should have posted on Flashback Friday!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know a couple people who own a g-class. They have reported problems with the mod glitching and the screen going to the charge screen when the mod isnt even plugged in. This has happened to two people. The screen will go into the charge screen when turning on. Once screen times out it will fire and once fired it will go into charge mod. One has updated and it has fixed the problem for them, the other doesnt have access to a windows computer so they cant do the update.

Im posting this because im curious if anyone who ones a g-class with the original firmware has had this problem. I own one and am running the original firmware and have not had this issue.

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know a couple people who own a g-class. They have reported problems with the mod glitching and the screen going to the charge screen when the mod isnt even plugged in. This has happened to two people. The screen will go into the charge screen when turning on. Once screen times out it will fire and once fired it will go into charge mod. One has updated and it has fixed the problem for them, the other doesnt have access to a windows computer so they cant do the update.

Im posting this because im curious if anyone who ones a g-class with the original firmware has had this problem. I own one and am running the original firmware and have not had this issue.
I haven't had any of these issues running the original firmware. I am running some pretty big coils in a supreme plus and as with most mods it takes a hit or two for them to heat up and hit quickly.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't had any of these issues running the original firmware. I am running some pretty big coils in a supreme plus and as with most mods it takes a hit or two for them to heat up and hit quickly.
no

I did not have this problem with either firmware original or logo update... I do have inconsistency with connection and detection by the SXI software at times its annoying and I have tried it on several computers and its the same.. I hope they address this as well as give us an option for a way to build a custom startup screen like the default colored fonts and wallpapers.. will see

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I've had zero problems

I support single Mom's

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It supposedly addresses something to do with a delay but I haven't noticed a difference.

Just long enough for the screen to time out. Even if it's sat for a while as long as I tap the button and activate the screen before firing it has no delay. It's as if it waits for the screen to light up before it will fire.
I tested this and indeed this creates a approx a 250ms delay before firing if the screen is blanked

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah i didnt think so, i know i would have heard about it on this forum. I was just a little scared and didnt want this sexy mod i own to start acting up. Glad everyones is running perfect. The delay doesnt really bother me, its so small. And only when the screen timeout happens... like stated earlier.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah i didnt think so, i know i would have heard about it on this forum. I was just a little scared and didnt want this sexy mod i own to start acting up. Glad everyones is running perfect. The delay doesnt really bother me, its so small. And only when the screen timeout happens... like stated earlier.
exactly for me it dont matter I just love the quality of the mod in general

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
anyone know of any places with this in stock? I've been looking but no luck

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nope sold out. I checked them before and just checked again.
It doesn't say sold out until you select it. I obviously didn't select it :facepalm:. I wonder if they are still going to release the Brown and Black Leather models (they let you add them to your cart)? So far I've only seen the Carbon Fiber sold.

Cheers,
Steve

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It doesn't say sold out until you select it. I obviously didn't select it :facepalm:. I wonder if they are still going to release the Brown and Black Leather models (they let you add them to your cart)? So far I've only seen the Carbon Fiber sold.

Cheers,
Steve
Yeah some sites are weird. they only show you it's out of stock when you go to buy it. go figure LMAO
i want the carbon fiber one personally so I'm ok with that. pre orders have been shit luck for me personally. I'm not pre ordering anything again

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's some pictures of the Black on Black Leather G Class Varitube just got in.

my-sxmini-g-class-png.642957
g-class-black-on-black-leather-jpg.642947

Cheers,
Steve

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

A month later now and looks like Ecig-City has the G carbon back in stock. They also have it in a bundle with a TFV8 Big Baby and 2 25Rs for $230. Best deal I could find (in stock or not). Ordered one and then came here to post.
https://ecig-city.com/collections/y...ber-sxmini-g-class-bundle?variant=21888570883

Oh, and managed to find the brown/black in-stock at Avail Vapor. The only place I've seen that lists them as in-stock (as of this post) for $219 - which is apparently the going rate.
https://www.availvapor.com/devices/yihi-s-sx-mini-g-class.html

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great mod! You're gonna love it.

Oh, I have no doubts! I wouldn't spend $200+ if I had any uncertainty.

I currently have an ML Class and adore it (less 1x battery). Last summer I stumbled across it on a local closeout for $45! I never knew much about them but I could see how excellent the build is, the quality of the materials, and I knew it was a $200 rig so I grabbed it to try; figuring the worst that would happen is that I flip it on eBay for a quick $50-100.

I had been vaping TC SS mostly on a Cuboid . Within 2 days with the ML it had obsoleted every other mod I have, despite that I now carry a case of batteries with me. I've been eyeing the Q/Gs ever since.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Oh, I have no doubts! I wouldn't spend $200+ if I had any uncertainty.

I currently have an ML Class and adore it (less 1x battery). Last summer I stumbled across it on a local closeout for $45! I never knew much about them but I could see how excellent the build is, the quality of the materials, and I knew it was a $200 rig so I grabbed it to try; figuring the worst that would happen is that I flip it on eBay for a quick $50-100.

I had been vaping TC SS mostly on a Cuboid . Within 2 days with the ML it had obsoleted every other mod I have, despite that I now carry a case of batteries with me. I've been eyeing the Q/Gs ever since.
I'll have my review dropping on the gclass later this week. i was very impressed by it

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FYI

I wrote Yihi/SXMini yesterday as I had seen they mentioned to write them if interested in the Android Beta on their Facebook page. So I did.. :deadhorse:?

I'm happy to report that they have made it available for download today (no announcement / news yet). You can get the beta Android SXi-Q app here: http://yihisxmini.com/support/000003.html :stars2:

They said any feedback is greatly appreciated so please let them ([email protected]) know your experiences for the betterment of all.

Enjoy!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
FYI

I wrote Yihi/SXMini yesterday as I had seen they mentioned to write them if interested in the Android Beta on their Facebook page. So I did.. :deadhorse:?

I'm happy to report that they have made it available for download today (no announcement / news yet). You can get the beta Android SXi-Q app here: http://yihisxmini.com/support/000003.html :stars2:

They said any feedback is greatly appreciated so please let them ([email protected]) know your experiences for the betterment of all.

Enjoy!
Very Kool.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavour.

-William Cowper

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah some sites are weird. they only show you it's out of stock when you go to buy it. go figure LMAO
i want the carbon fiber one personally so I'm ok with that. pre orders have been shit luck for me personally. I'm not pre ordering anything again
The only thing I ever pre-ordered took so long to arrive that, by the time it did, it was obsolete (v2 had been released), and the rest were on clearance...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The only thing I ever pre-ordered took so long to arrive that, by the time it did, it was obsolete (v2 had been released), and the rest were on clearance...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Lmao same shit I see all the time too. Pre orders rarely work out for me

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, here's my questions.
How do you like the fire button placement?
How do you like the 'light up' logo?
How do you like the battery door? Any problems with the 30Q fitting/closing?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ok, here's my questions.
How do you like the fire button placement?
How do you like the 'light up' logo?
How do you like the battery door? Any problems with the 30Q fitting/closing?
1) love the button placement. never even think about it. it's comfortable
2) love the light up logo but i'm a nerd who likes light up stuff LMAO
3) love the battery door. easy to open and close. sits flush. have used 30q, HG2, VTC5a and Hb6 batts in it with no issues.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
1) love the button placement. never even think about it. it's comfortable
2) love the light up logo but i'm a nerd who likes light up stuff LMAO
3) love the battery door. easy to open and close. sits flush. have used 30q, HG2, VTC5a and Hb6 batts in it with no issues.

Thanks, sounds like a great mod. If the app were more useful/friendly it would be great. Just seems to be a hard thing to set any value accurately with the sliders. At least on iOS they could have used spinners or just type it in. That and run a spell checker...

But all that is a distraction from the functionality of the chip and mod. From what I've seen and read, this is the mod to beat. I haven't really used a Yihi mod since the ML. Off to shop I guess.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks, sounds like a great mod. If the app were more useful/friendly it would be great. Just seems to be a hard thing to set any value accurately with the sliders. At least on iOS they could have used spinners or just type it in. That and run a spell checker...

But all that is a distraction from the functionality of the chip and mod. From what I've seen and read, this is the mod to beat. I haven't really used a Yihi mod since the ML. Off to shop I guess.
Yeah the slider accuracy is annoying. they need to allow you to type in values

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I just missed the bundle deal. But then, I use 30Qs and have mods. So, in my opinion, I just saved $10.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't you find it a little odd that a $220 mod is still using PFM (rattlesnake effect) in TC when they are using DC-DC in power mode. I just don't understand their thinking on that. I'm also a little disappointed they are only giving a 6 month warranty on the board and 3months on the USB port.

Don't get me wrong, it looks nice and I've heard it works good. It just seems like we are past PFM for relatively expensive mods now.

Cheers,
Steve

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't you find it a little odd that a $220 mod is still using PFM (rattlesnake effect) in TC when they are using DC-DC in power mode. I just don't understand their thinking on that. I'm also a little disappointed they are only giving a 6 month warranty on the board and 3months on the USB port.

Don't get me wrong, it looks nice and I've heard it works good. It just seems like we are past PFM for relatively expensive mods now.

Only find it odd if it affected me. I've heard of it and seen the reviews, but personally, I've never noticed any effect on my old ML class.
So, just what would I see/feel if it were an issue? Or do I have to use an o-scope to know?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Only find it odd if it affected me. I've heard of it and seen the reviews, but personally, I've never noticed any effect on my old ML class.
So, just what would I see/feel if it were an issue? Or do I have to use an o-scope to know?
It has no effect other then to make it smoother and more efficient. I started diving into the world of PWM chips recently but the vape they provide is extremely smooth compared to straight DC-DC convertors. PWM and PFM are related (pulse frequency modulation/Pulse width modulation) PFM is used in conjunction with DC-DC convertors to boost low end efficiency of the chips. Plus the G class features a buck/boost compared to most mods (for example the DNA250 chip) that use Buck only, which is inefficient at lower loads. What this does is allow a more smooth vape (and it shows on an o-scope as well) better efficiency (aka better battery life) and better low volt input performance (aka can fire higher watts with lower charged batteries) All in all, when hooked up to an o-scope the G class really shines in it's consistency, smoothness and performance, so whatever they did exactly, it worked right and justifies the price of the chip IMO.

The most important part of it, is the actual end user experience and in the end, the TC on this device is phenomenal. the watt mode is phenomenal. There is a noticeable difference in out quality of the output in both power mode and TC modes then most other mods, hence the "high end" label on them.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It has no effect other then to make it smoother and more efficient. I started diving into the world of PWM chips recently but the vape they provide is extremely smooth compared to straight DC-DC convertors. PWM and PFM are related (pulse frequency modulation/Pulse width modulation) PFM is used in conjunction with DC-DC convertors to boost low end efficiency of the chips. Plus the G class features a buck/boost compared to most mods (for example the DNA250 chip) that use Buck only, which is inefficient at lower loads. What this does is allow a more smooth vape (and it shows on an o-scope as well) better efficiency (aka better battery life) and better low volt input performance (aka can fire higher watts with lower charged batteries) All in all, when hooked up to an o-scope the G class really shines in it's consistency, smoothness and performance, so whatever they did exactly, it worked right and justifies the price of the chip IMO.

The most important part of it, is the actual end user experience and in the end, the TC on this device is phenomenal. the watt mode is phenomenal. There is a noticeable difference in out quality of the output in both power mode and TC modes then most other mods, hence the "high end" label on them.
Wow, thanks for that Professor Richard. Lol. Seriously though, all good stuff. You left out one important thing. It's the best looking god damn mod on the market. Lmao.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Wow, thanks for that Professor Richard. Lol. Seriously though, all good stuff. You left out one important thing. It's the best looking god damn mod on the market. Lmao.

-William Cowper
LMAO looks are subjective, but yes i agree. I place it just above my finder 167, which is just above my therion 167. It fells much better built and more sold then both of those as well

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LMAO looks are subjective, but yes i agree. I place it just above my finder 167, which is just above my therion 167. It fells much better built and more sold then both of those as well
Oh yeah best screen on the market too. Makes the DNA screens look like a toy. Lol.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Oh yeah best screen on the market too. Makes the DNA screens look like a toy. Lol.

-William Cowper
I love the big color screen. i had recorded a section about how it reminded me of my 1st color screen cell phone but i cut it out because it wasn't relevant and I'm trying to keep video length down

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The most important part of it, is the actual end user experience and in the end, the TC on this device is phenomenal. the watt mode is phenomenal. There is a noticeable difference in out quality of the output in both power mode and TC modes then most other mods,

Yep, that's what I mean. I haven't noticed any detrimental effects on any of the Yihi mods I own.
I rarely (never?) use power mode, so while its nice to know, I'll never see it.
As long as it is good in TC with my SS 430, I'm a happy camper. If it isn't, there's always a market for a gently used mod.

You know, the Evolv and Yihi camps should give it up at this point.
There isn't a great deal of difference between the two on the flagship chips. One pulls slightly ahead for a while, the other does something in response. Can't wait for Evolv's answer to this chip/user experience.
When we have to get to niggling, esoteric points, we are living in great times vaping-wise.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah well when it comes to Evolv their warranty is just full of shit. I just got back my VT133 after they have had it for over 2 weeks. They tried to fix the same mod 3x prior to this. Loaded my profile, mounted a tank and all the fucking thing does is blink. So what good is their bullshit warranty if they can't fix a fucking mod after 4 tries? For me the difference between Yihi and Evolv is I've never had to send a Yihi mod in for service.

-William Cowper

Last edited:

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cheers,
Steve

The objective of TC Is to deliver energy (Joules) to maintain constant (or configured) temperature (average energy of molecules in an object).

How you choose to deliver your energy over time (Watts) doesn't really matter if you achieve the objective.

Both DNA and Yihi chips are very good at it but take different approaches.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The objective of TC Is to deliver energy (Joules) to maintain constant (or configured) temperature (average energy of molecules in an object).

How you choose to deliver your energy over time (Watts) doesn't really matter if you achieve the objective.

Both DNA and Yihi chips are very good at it but take different approaches.
Some people feel the mod pulsing and don't like it. If it doesn't bother you, then more power to you. Not everyone is the same and I understand that.

The Q-Mini and G have 1 year warranties.
http://www.yihisxmini.com/support.html

Not worried about the USB port I'll almost never use. Can even flash it over BT.
My bad, I wasn't aware they stepped up their game to 1 year. I knew the M. ML. and Q Class had a 6 month warranty. I made the mistake of assuming it was still the same for the G and Q Mini. :facepalm:

Cheers,
Steve

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Some people feel the mod pulsing and don't like it. If it doesn't bother you, then more power to you. Not everyone is the same and I understand that.

My bad, I wasn't aware they stepped up their game to 1 year. I knew the M. ML. and Q Class had a 6 month warranty. I made the mistake of assuming it was still the same for the G and Q Mini. :facepalm:

Cheers,
Steve
absolutely no pulsing feel from the g class or even my regular old iPWM mod. voltage is in waves even from a DC/DC convertor. unnoticeable except through an o-scope. with a DC-DC convertor it'll look more like little mountains and valleys where with an PWM it'll look more like rooftops in a city. If you can feel pulsing in a PWM, you can feel it in a DC-DC convertor as well. PWM is known for being smoother and more consistent hence why some people prefer PWM mods. If anything it's the opposite
DC-DC convertor
52f29ce3ce395f8c1b8b4569.png

PWM
52f3d691ce395fc6198b4567.png

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
absolutely no pulsing feel from the g class or even my regular old iPWM mod. voltage is in waves even from a DC/DC convertor. unnoticeable except through an o-scope. with a DC-DC convertor it'll look more like little mountains and valleys where with an PWM it'll look more like rooftops in a city. If you can feel pulsing in a PWM, you can feel it in a DC-DC convertor as well. PWM is known for being smoother and more consistent hence why some people prefer PWM mods. If anything it's the opposite
DC-DC convertor

PWM
For the record I feel no pulsing at all. Just ultra smooooooth TC deliciousness.

-William Cowper

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DC-DC convertor

PWM
This is what I'm talking about. It's starts at about the 59 minute mark. When a mod pulses on and off it gives you the hiss/rattlesnake effect and some people notice it. I'm not saying everyone cares or feels it. That's why they make a lot of different mods. Different strokes for different folks.

VU Sponsors