Become a Patron!

SX550J- What Mod? Yihi G Class, Boxer Classic, VisciousAnt

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is there anymore pics of the vicious ant?

Tough but pretty sweet choices. I chose the G Class because of availability, it is due to arrive today. Don't think I could wait 3 to 4 weeks for the Boxer and can't see myself paying more for it that the G.

The Vicious Ant sure looks interesting though, just wish I could find more pics online.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is there anymore pics of the vicious ant?

Tough but pretty sweet choices. I chose the G Class because of availability, it is due to arrive today. Don't think I could wait 3 to 4 weeks for the Boxer and can't see myself paying more for it that the G.

The Vicious Ant sure looks interesting though, just wish I could find more pics online.

I think I'm leaning toward the Vicious Ant.
I've had good luck for the most part with my Yihi mods, except for the finish on the first one (replaced though), the battery cap on the MLs.
So, when I read 'battery door' for the current one, I hesitate to spend the cash for something that may well prove to annoy me.

The M and ML have been great mods though. It's time to get a dual battery one though.

You can look at it a little here:
http://vaporsource.com/vicious-ant-knight-coming-soon-to-vapor-source/

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I'm leaning toward the Vicious Ant.
I've had good luck for the most part with my Yihi mods, except for the finish on the first one (replaced though), the battery cap on the MLs.
So, when I read 'battery door' for the current one, I hesitate to spend the cash for something that may well prove to annoy me.

The M and ML have been great mods though. It's time to get a dual battery one though.

You can look at it a little here:
http://vaporsource.com/vicious-ant-knight-coming-soon-to-vapor-source/
It looks really nice but $350 is too rich for my blood. Here's the all Black G Class Varitube just got in.

my-sxmini-g-class-png.642957
g-class-black-on-black-leather-jpg.642947

Cheers,
Steve

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 510 placement on the vicious ant kills it for me. Thr battery door on the G Class is just like the vicious ant, not a screw cap.

Just got my G Class about an hour ago, so far so good, I really like it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It looks really nice but $350 is too rich for my blood. Here's the all Black G Class Varitube just got in.

The 510 placement on the vicious ant kills it for me. Thr battery door on the G Class is just like the vicious ant, not a screw cap. Just got my G Class about an hour ago, so far so good, I really like it.

Good points. Maybe I'll take a second look at the G. Except for what are actually minor things, I am happy with the M and ML.
One down, two to go.
Any experience with the Boxer Classic?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good points. Maybe I'll take a second look at the G. Except for what are actually minor things, I am happy with the M and ML.
One down, two to go.
Any experience with the Boxer Classic?
No experience with the Boxer on my end. I've heard great things about their CS, but I've never personally owned one of their mods.

Cheers,
Steve

stmtpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would go with the G class as well. The centered 510 and price are the deciding factors for me.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would love to own a Boxer but the SX550J version is $80 more than the G Class for a 3D printed enclosure they probably pay $30 for. I personally don't see the value in the Boxer for $300 and the wait for new orders is 3 to 4 weeks, I guess a lot of people DO see the value in it though.

VU Sponsors