Become a Patron!

SX350 Powered by PowerSupply

Im planing to build "Passthrough" device with SX350 on board and im having 1 issue. When im wired up every thing to pc power supply its only turining on but when i try to vape no current are draw from power supply and same with labbench supply but with it , its says check battery.

can some one tell me what im doing wrong PowerSupply was working with passthrough like mechanical only Mosfet.

P.S sorry for bad english

Kitsune

Member For 1 Year
Is that the 100 Watts version?

I've got no experience with those chipsets, but a bit of a technical background, so here's my ideas:

At first, you do know the chipset is not made to be run by a power supply, right? :)
Keep in mind everything you do is at your own risk.

What I can imagine:

A PC power supply usually delivers either 3.3V, 5V or 12V.
I'm guessing you plan to use the 5V connection, correct?
The SX350 100W chipset is made for 2 batteries.
Which also means the chipset registers "5V = 2.5V each battery", which leads to the chipset thinking "Volts too low", which leads to a "check battery"

If you are using the 60W version, it's made for a single battery, in which case it would say "Check battery" due to the Volts being too high.

my lab bench supply have settable voltage and i try every thing from 4.2-9.5 with same results and this chip set can be used with 1 or 2 baterrys because i made boxmod with it only problem is that chip showing its delivering power but it doesnt draw current

Kitsune

Member For 1 Year
Did you try a different atomizer?

I would also measure various contact points with a multimeter (also while trying to fire with an atomizer, they all have reachable positive and negative poles inside), to see if there's a voltdrop somewhere.

"Check battery" usually means either too low or too high voltage...or a defective chipset.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can your power supply deliver enough amperage? Maybe it can't handle the load put on it.

40A man i wrote it was working but with out chip only with mosfet so only thing that changes is PWM with scren and memory

VU Sponsors