Become a Patron!

SX mini q class wont fire

Doomsday Vaper

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sx mini worked one minute, not the next. Reads the tank , reads ohms correctly, appears like it is firing. Nothing. Nada. Tried multiple tanks that work correctly on other mods. No dice. With vom beteen pin and threads shows some voltage (~2.4vdc), which I assume is checking for tank because it bleeds down to 0vdc and says check atomizer. Searched the wide world of Google, found some people having same problem just no answers or fixes. Cleaned 510 pin made sure it was springy, cleaned all sled contacts. Stopped short of disassembly (tiny torx I don't have,atm). Any ideas or someone with same problem that has a fix? Hate to trash it. Maybe the chip is ok for transplant?

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Had the same problem with mine. The 510 was loose, the ground from the chip is soldered to a washer sitting under the nut that secures the 510. Tightened that up...put a drop of green Loctite on it and haven't had a problem since. BTW, do not use cheap torx bits, those screws are a bear to get out but I got all of them with only 2 torx bits. Not to say that's what your problem is but mine wasn't very loose at all, I noticed when closing the juice flow on a Squape X that the 510 was rotating a few degrees.

Element Vape

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Did you try to reach out to the place that you ordered it from yet? It is best to make sure that you get it replaced if the warranty period is still valid.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Q that has seen minimal use and it says check atomizer under most situations. When I can get it to read a few hits later it is back to check atomizer reading.

I took it apart and did not notice anything loose or broken but will check the nut listed above if I get around to taking it apart again. Funny to me how the previous SX minis were almost indestructible except for the cosmetics and the Q failed with little use.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
As much as I hate to say it I do have to agree with you on the Q class. The S, M, ML, Q Mini, and G class are all solid as heck but the plain jane Q does have a rather unsubstantial feel to it. It's the only Sx Mini that I have had issues with, all the rest have been solid performers.

VU Sponsors