Become a Patron!

Switcher LE with NRG Tank - Vaporesso

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Switcher with NRG Kit from Vaporesso. The Switcher with NRG Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Gina from Vaporesso.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits-swit...-vaporesso

In the Box

Contents:

1x Switcher MOD/ Switcher MOD (LE Version)
1x NRG Tank (5ml Standard Edition) / NRG Mini Tank (2ml TPD Edition)
1x GT8 Core (Pre-installed)
1x GT4 Core
1x USB Cable
1x Replacement Glass Tube
1x User Manual
1x 510 adaptor
1x Vape band
Spare o-rings

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Switcher comes in the normal, excellent Vaporesso packaging and l know lights are not everyone's cup of tea but i have never hidden the fact i quite like them. So i think i got lucky as my box appears to be the standard edition version and the user manual is also for the Switcher and not Switcher LE but the device inside the box was the Red Blue LE version. The device also comes in Silver, Iron Grey, Shiny Green, Brown Gold and Retro Yellow and is available with or without the lights in the forms of the standard edition or the LE edition. The device is about average size but has depth to it and due to it's inner and outer casing and being made out of Zinc Alloy is an heavy device. The front of the device has "SWITCHER" printed in silver at the top followed by a large hexagonal fire button, underneath sits the OLED 0.96 inch screen. Underneath the screen we have the up and down keys which are vertical, making room for a round mode/select button between them, underneath the buttons sits the USB port. To the sides at the front we see the edges of the outer switcherble casing which sweeps around the sides and back of the device. The casing has a leather effect on the sides as well as a vertical row of cut outs each side for the lights to shine through, but are also present on the standard edition as they also help with venting and add to the aesthetics. The back of the device has a circuit board pattern which allows light to pass through with the LE edition. The bottom of the device is the battery door which has marked orientation, when batteries are not in the device the door has a lot of play and did concern me until i fitted batteries, with batteries fitted the door is actually very secure with no movement. The top of the device houses a 26.5 mm nice looking 510 plate with gold plated, spring loaded 510. The device feels good in the hand with the texturing on the sides giving good grip and has no rattles, it's a very high quality device.

Transform The Switcher

The complete sides and back of the device slides off revealing a black shiny casing underneath with the standard edition and a milky white (bulb like) casing with the LE edition protecting all the circuitry etc. The casing is a bulb like milky colour on the LE edition because underneath are housed the LED'S, this milky casing the lights have to shine through subdue and take the harshness and glare out of the lights, giving them pleasant shades so the lighting on the switcher i like. To take the outer casing off (which is made from Zinc Alloy), open the battery door then pull down on the sides, and off she slides. The outer casing can be bought in all the colour options you can get the device in and are only around the £10 ($12) mark. So if you can't for example make your mind up between the blue red device or the brown you can buy the brown and also buy the blue red casing and transform the device into which ever of the 2 colours you want at any given time.

NRG Specs:

Size: 26.5 x 56mm / 23 x 47 (2ml TPD Edition)
Capacity: 5ml / 2ml
Material: Stainless steel + Pyrex glass
Wide Bore 810 drip tip
Thread: 510
Slide-n-Fill Design
A variety interchangeable GT Cores
Colours: Red, Blue, Black, Stainless Steel

Assembling and Filling

The tank comes apart simply and reassembles with equal ease.
Before reassembling the tank i pre saturated the cotton via the wicking holes and abit of juice applied directly in the middle of the coil (there is a lot of cotton in the coil heads).

Filling the tank is easy as the NRG as a great top-fill system, the top-cap just slides to one side on a hinge revealing a large filling hole. After filling, the top slides back into place with just the right amount of resistance, the top-cap will not move unless the user means it to. I don't usually like drip tips that come with a tank and prefer to fit my own but the wide bore delrin drip tip supplied with the NRG suits the tank and feels very comfortable in the mouth. A 510 adaptor is also supplied so you can use a 510 drip tip if you prefer.

Performance

I tried both supplied coils with this tank and both were very flavoursome after a bit of break in time and they gave plenty of cloud. I found the airflow was more than enough and only used it half open on both coils. The airflow on the tank itself is a standard cyclops with stoppers and the aggressive texturing on the airflow ring (which looks great and adds to the aesthetics of the tank) helps with grip when adjusting. Both supplied coils are 0.15 and i found the GT4 best at 50W and the GT8 best at 70W. There was no issues with the coil heads keeping up with the wicking.
There are 5 coil heads available for the NRG which also include a ceramic coil which Vaporesso are renowned for. The tank has a heating insulation layer to help keep the tank cool and it seemed to do it's job. I also suffered no leaking from the tank.

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Switcher Specs:

Size: 89 x 53 x 31mm
Material: Zinc Alloy
Battery: Dual 18650 cells (NOT included)
Wattage Range: 1 - 220W
Output Modes: VW(H/N/S), CCW, CCT, VT(NI,TI,SS), TCR(M1,M2), BYPASS
Resistance Range: 0.05-5.0ohm
Temperature Range: 100-315°C/200-600°F (TC modes)
Maximum Charging Current: 2.5A
Screen: 0.96-inch OLED screen
Thread: Spring-loaded 510
Updated UMNI Board 2.6 chipset
Dual 18650 batteries with 220W
Revolutionary changeable case design
Option LED lighting version
Colours: Silver, Iron Grey, Red Blue, Yellow, Green, Brown Gold
LE Edition Colours: Green, Brown Gold, Red Blue

Using the Switcher LE

The Switcher LE has the same screen layout and exact same menu system as the Revenger Mini which means the standard Switcher version will have the exact same menu as the Revenger X, which doesn't have the options for the lights. The device is very user friendly despite being very customizable and packed with features. The Switcher is the standard 5 clicks on and off, and while on 3 clicks of the fire button locks and unlocks the device. Pressing any button takes the Switcher to your main screen and when the screen timeouts it displays a very nice clock face unless you choose a digital clock in the settings. The main screen displays battery status icons, a light bulb; which has a line through it if lights are off, mode (for wattage will also say N, S, H for soft, normal and hard, and when in temp control will display wire type), custom curve graph, resistance, voltage, wattage (temperature, in temp control) and time vaped for bar. To get into the main menu click the mode key (found between the left and right keys) 3 times (or hold the mode key down) and this brings up a very large list of options which you simply scroll down and select what you want. Everything is there, all the various modes, different wire types for temp control, custom curves for both wattage and temp control and more. When you select what you are after it takes you to where you can alter settings, so for example if you select SS it takes you to another screen where you can set temperature, wattage or TCR. At the bottom of these sub menus there is a OK icon which by clicking it sets your settings and takes you back to the list of options. At the bottom of the options list are 2 icons, back which takes you back to the main screen and system set which reveals where you can set numerous things like the clock, the light display and plenty more. The light display is very customizable, giving you various choices (including switching it off). You can have the lights permanently on, on while firing as well as having solid on or the colour pulsing on and off (they call it breathing). There is also the option to completely customize how the lights work so along with the CCW and CCT the Switcher LE must be one of the most customizable device's available. As with all Vaporesso devices i love the custom curves, a lot of devices now have CCW but in my opinion Vaporesso do them best. So that's it, a device which has every option i can think of yet the menu system allows it to be a very simple device to use. I personally love the lights on the Switcher LE, the side venting holes, 2 cut outs at the top of the back and design all light up, but if you get the LE version you always have the option of turning them off. The menu system for the standard version is exactly the same but doesn't have the light settings.

Performance

It looks completely different to the Revenger series of devices but essentially works exactly the same as the Revenger X both with the menu system and giving great performance. As already mentioned i love using the custom curves on Vaporesso devices and no difference here. Apart from having a quick play with the light settings i actually turned them off to see what the battery life was like and nothing to report so the same sentence coming up which i say probably 4 out of 5 times with devices "the battery life is what i would expect from duel 18650 batteries". The 510 plate is 26.5mm but sits flush on top of the device which gives another 1mm either side before it starts to slope so 28mm will fit fine. The Switcher is fully firmware upgradable.

Likes of NRG Tank

5ml Capacity
Top-fill
Coils give very good flavour and cloud
Aesthetically Pleasing
High Build Quality

Pros Switcher LE

High Build Quality
Easy To Use Menu System
220W
Temp Control
Custom Curves Wattage
Custom Curves Temp Control
Clock Screensaver
High Performance
Swap Outer Casing
Good battery life
Loads of settings for lights
Lights can be turned off
Can Fit Up To 28mm Tanks

Cons

Battery door has play without batteries fitted (It is fine once the batteries are installed)

Conclusion

With the Switcher you can change your outer shell and with the LE version you also have plenty of settings for the lights, but forgetting all that the Switcher is a very good device that performs great and is packed with all the feature's you would need. The NRG is a very good tank and the GT coils are amongst the best stock coils available.

I would once again like to thank Gina from Vaporesso for supplying the Switcher LE with NRG Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits-swit...-vaporesso

IRCzCrQ.jpg

VU Sponsors