Become a Patron!

Swisher Sweets...

Ashlie Gantt

Member For 4 Years
I FINALLY got my step-dad to take the "leap".. We got him a nice "pipe" mod, a gorgeous protank 2, the works. He knows I DIY, and said he'd be okay with just cotton candy, or cinnamon red hots.

However, my mom has let me know she's concerned because of his love of Swisher Sweets (sweet cherry and peach primarily) so I'd love to surprise him with something other than "just" cotton candy and cinnamon red hots. (I HATE doing single bland flavors now!! LOL)

I'm not asking for a full out recipe, just a good starting point for what tobacco to use really. I hate swisher sweets so I'm hoping to not have to "taste test" this one.

I currently have:
Virginia Fire Cured
M Type
Light, and
7 leaves.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
You could make a net out of a swisher, and use that..
my best suggestion..

as for what you have.. the 7leaves would be next at around 2.5-3% with the m type at 1%
i'd add a cream in there too.. to make it a bit better, around .5-75.75%

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know this isn't entirely what you are asking, and I don't DIY myself, but I think this could be of use to you. MyVapeJuice makes some great extracts of existing cigars. Not the straight up over the counter stuff like Swisher, but some of the lower end cigar shop flavors. They also sell them as strictly a flavor for DIY. I'm a tobacco flavor fan myself, and a cigar fan as well. I vape a bunch of their flavors, as these are some of the best extracts I have found. Here are their DIY flavors.

https://www.myvapejuice.com/index.php/cPath/40

Now, the best thing about their cigar extracts is they are clean and light in color and work great in anything I have used them in. They don't gunk up coils really bad. You will probably notice that they have pipe tobacco flavors as well, and some that would be more similar to a Swisher, but those are darker in color and not nearly as clean and do gunk up coils, so I don't recommend those for a ProTank. What you could do is find a nice mild cigar flavor and add a bit of cherry or peach flavoring to it. Go easy on the fruits, as what you want is a hint, not a dominant flavor. Someone who is accustomed to DIY might be able to suggest a recipe better than I could. Here are two mild cigar flavors that I use from them (I buy the premade liquids, not the flavors, but you get the point) that I think would work well for this purpose. The Rocky Patel would be my first choice, as it also has a bit of the earthiness that you would find in a Swisher, but the Bahia is slightly more mild and has a hint of sweetness to it that the Patel doesn't.

https://www.myvapejuice.com/product_info.php/cPath/40/products_id/334

https://www.myvapejuice.com/product_info.php/cPath/40/products_id/1083

Anyhow, congrats to your step dad and good luck in your search.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh, and I should have mentioned that they extract the whole cigar as opposed to simply extracting leaf tobacco, which gives the added benefit of tasting the wrapper, filler, and binder tobaccos together just like what one gets from smoking an actual cigar.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
yeps that is another option, and they are good at what they do..
just depends on how much time and money you want to put into this project of yours :)

Ashlie Gantt

Member For 4 Years
I'm so glad I have all of you I never even considered creating a net, which is more realistic to what he wants. That being said, I've never messed with them before. It this going to create a "concentrate", or should the blend of pg/vg I use be what will be vaped? I've found a few sites detailing a crockpot on low for 3 days to help with extraction, and then coffee filter straining 3x.. But I don't have a rack to put the jar on.

Ashlie Gantt

Member For 4 Years
Though I'd prefer to do a cold net so it's not such a dark extract, like done with coffee nets. Idk. More research I believe

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I do cold, in a mason jar.. and well, my filtering is in layers..
search thru my notes around here and you can find them..
i filter around 5 to 7 times.. and thing is, that is the key..
the better filtering, the less likely for burnt coils, and particles in your juice..

I do use vga (vg with alcohol) and I add it to the jar with my tobacco or what i happen to be doing atm..
the rest is up to you.. ;)

Ashlie Gantt

Member For 4 Years
thank you so very much smoky! Found both threads, read em all, and took notes. Hopefully my PG arrives tomorrow and I can begin. Here's hoping for success!!

Ashlie Gantt

Member For 4 Years
In your opinion, is a 90vg/10pga better quality than say, straight pg here? I want to make sure I've got a full understanding of the purpose of the pga ️I was going to do just PG in the net and a finished 50/50 ratio mix bc he really needs that throat hit and I know pg carries flavor better usually. TIA!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
this next time, I am doing one full alcohol, and then a 5050 of alcohol and vg..
i can not do any pg, due to my allergies.. however, you might want to play around and keep notes of how things go for you, Ashlie :)

VU Sponsors