Become a Patron!

Sweetners!

Kman

Member For 1 Year
I have been shake and vaping for a while and would like to use cap sweetener by the drops for 60 ml mainly for fruits ,not using a syringe, and I also have ethyl maltol, and I was curious as to what rule of thumb you all go by ,I notice some fruits are sweeter and maybe only need the ethyl maltol, thnks!!!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been shake and vaping for a while and would like to use cap sweetener by the drops for 60 ml mainly for fruits ,not using a syringe, and I also have ethyl maltol, and I was curious as to what rule of thumb you all go by ,I notice some fruits are sweeter and maybe only need the ethyl maltol, thnks!!!
Hey dude, this is a place to post requests for NEW FORUM SECTIONS. If you are looking for anything DIY scroll down the page a little bit and you will see there are a few sections to ask these questions in. Not scolding, just letting you know so you get the right exposure. You will get great feedback if you pose this question in the right spot.

So to answer your question, there really is no RULE OF THUMB here. It's all about your own personal taste. If I am looking to sweeten up a mix, I use no more than 2 drops of Super Sweet per 10ml. Maybe I'll use some FA Marshmallow instead, it adds a nice mouthfeel as well as sweetening up a mix. Ethyl maltol doesn't exactly sweeten up a whole mix. It will liven up certain flavors in a mix and smooth out other elements of your mix. I think your best bet would be to do some trial and error. Make small batches, maybe 10ml and try one with EM, one with 2 drops of CAP SS, and one with none (ONLY AN EXAMPLE), and see which suits your taste buds best. It's all about crafting what is right for you. I hope that helps.

http://vapingunderground.com/#diy-e-liquid-do-it-yourself.137

^^^ That is where you want to post stuff like this from now on. Welcome to the site.

Kman

Member For 1 Year
Hey dude, this is a place to post requests for NEW FORUM SECTIONS. If you are looking for anything DIY scroll down the page a little bit and you will see there are a few sections to ask these questions in. Not scolding, just letting you know so you get the right exposure. You will get great feedback if you pose this question in the right spot.

So to answer your question, there really is no RULE OF THUMB here. It's all about your own personal taste. If I am looking to sweeten up a mix, I use no more than 2 drops of Super Sweet per 10ml. Maybe I'll use some FA Marshmallow instead, it adds a nice mouthfeel as well as sweetening up a mix. Ethyl maltol doesn't exactly sweeten up a whole mix. It will liven up certain flavors in a mix and smooth out other elements of your mix. I think your best bet would be to do some trial and error. Make small batches, maybe 10ml and try one with EM, one with 2 drops of CAP SS, and one with none (ONLY AN EXAMPLE), and see which suits your taste buds best. It's all about crafting what is right for you. I hope that helps.

^^^ That is where you want to post stuff like this from now on. Welcome to the site.
Thanks, I was kinda lost on this site only been on it for maybe an hour ,thnks doe the asvice!!

Kman

Member For 1 Year
Thanks, I was kinda lost on this site only been on it for maybe an hour ,thnks doe the asvice!!
For
I moved this to the diy section for you. I use both super sweet and em. I usually do 1 drop from the bottle per 10ml of final bottle. 30ml =3 drops
Thanks everyone I will catch on and I am trying to follow people too, so so new ,lolbut not new to vaping ,about 5 years been vaping and building coils and driping,and just shake ans vape fruits,

Kman

Member For 1 Year

Thanks 88 I am gunna try to follow u.

Kman

Member For 1 Year
I moved this to the diy section for you. I use both super sweet and em. I usually do 1 drop from the bottle per 10ml of final bottle. 30ml =3 drops
Thanks bud ,I am about to DIY and let's see, I am thinking about bringing out the flavour a little first, and maybe ,a little sweetner maybe,I totally muted my batch yesterday but masterminded a quick fix to it!!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!:cheers:
No need to apologize! We were all new here at one time and this place is huge!

Sweeteners are all a matter of taste. Just go with what tastes good to you. Start low and work up is the best strategy.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks bud ,I am about to DIY and let's see, I am thinking about bringing out the flavour a little first, and maybe ,a little sweetner maybe,I totally muted my batch yesterday but masterminded a quick fix to it!!
What do you like to vape? I can shoot you a couple recipes to try out. I usually keep my ELR recipes private and then when I make something I like I'll share it over here.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone tried pure stevia extract drops as a sweetener?
I cannot tolerate any of the artificial sweeteners.

I use the Nu Naturals liquid Clear Nu Stevia.
Been using it for over 3 years. I use about 6 drops in 120 ml mix.
Most of the grocery store stevia is pretty crap for vaping.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cannot tolerate any of the artificial sweeteners.

I use the Nu Naturals liquid Clear Nu Stevia.
Been using it for over 3 years. I use about 6 drops in 120 ml mix.
Most of the grocery store stevia is pretty crap for vaping.
I use SweetDrops brand in my coffee and things because I'm doing keto, was wondering about trying it in ejuice

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also use some TFA brown sugar extract in sweet tobacco, and some bakery mixes that it goes well with.
It is strong brown sugar taste so beware.
More for flavor than sweetener though.

Also it is real sugar and will crystalize in a freezer but restores ok with warming and shaking.

I keep all my flavorings in the deep freeze except for a ready mixer supply.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly, I avoid using "sweeteners" if at all possible. I try and use concentrates that add flavor. I find that CAP Super Sweet and other sucralose based sweeteners will mute flavors after a time. FA Meringue is a good one. FA Marshmallow is another. TFA Lucky Leprechaun works depending on the mix, it is a full-bodied marshmallow taste, not so much cereal. Cap Cinnamon Danish Swirl is also very sweet. It depends on personal taste, but I find that unless i'm using sweetener in a shake n vape fruit mix, my flavors end up muted after steeping.

VU Sponsors