Sweet and Creamy Strawberry/Easy

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so I mixed up this recipe with the following strawberry flavors:

Real Flavor @ 3 and 5%
Hangsen @ 2 and 4%

I let these mixes sit for 24 hours before dripping.

The RF at 3% was very bland. At 5% after 10 minutes of dripping with a new wick I started to get the most realistic strawberry flavor I've had yet. It was sweeter than TPA SR and FA, but not candyish like CAP SS. I think 7-8% will be my sweet spot. Even though most of what I mix is in single digits and some flavors are too strong for me, some flavors need more to stimulate my palate with cinnamon being another one. I'll get around to mixing more this weekend. I'm very hopeful.

The Hangsen was floral. I hate floral. I once ate rose jam and it was the most awful thing I have ever put in my mouth. I know that some flavors need time for that to dissipate so I'll leave it for a few more days.

I've got 60ml of Shisha Strawberry on the way.

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Two days later I tried the Hangsen again but the one at 4%. What an astounding difference and it's the best I've tasted yet. I find it difficult to describe flavors, but I'll say this is similar to Strawberry FA but a bit more pronounced. That floral taste is still lurking but very diminished. The thought that comes to mind is that it makes it taste real, as if I were eating a real piece of fruit and accidentally ate part of the leaf or stem, if that makes any sense. It's not overly sweet, certainly not a candied type of sweet.

A simile is that of chocolate. If you eat nothing but milk chocolate then one day try dark chocolate at 70% at first you'll probably be repulsed because it certainly won't match what you expect from chocolate. It'll be very powerful tasting, slightly bitter and certainly not very sweet. But if you keep at it you'll soon begin to appreciate the true taste of chocolate. You'll gain an understanding that this is what it's supposed to taste like, and not like those cheap Hershey bars we grow up eating. This is at the forefront of my thoughts about this.

I'll try it in a few more percentages to see if it improves.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
8 percent strawberry for me. I can't believe how realistic the strawberry is. My favorite strawberry by far

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk
Try cutting the Shisha and adding tfa strawberry, not strawberry ripe. Also, up the marshmallow a tad. The tfa will round out the strawberry and slight increase in marshmallow wil help bring out the flavor. Don't mess with the cream.

I used Squonk' s recipe and added 0.5 TFA Strawberry and upped the marshmallow maybe 0.1%. It really did make a big difference to me.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Two days later I tried the Hangsen again but the one at 4%. What an astounding difference and it's the best I've tasted yet.

I've also noticed some of the HS flavors need more steep time than other brands, even the fruits.
FE Strawberry from ECX is a bit like FA SB and both seem a bit more earthy and less sweet IMO.
Mixing different Strawberries together is quite a common thing in DIY.
Thought for sure I had some HS SB in my stash to try but nope.
You could always try mixing 2% HS SB with 2% INW Shisha SB just for kicks:D

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've also noticed some of the HS flavors need more steep time than other brands, even the fruits.
FE Strawberry from ECX is a bit like FA SB and both seem a bit more earthy and less sweet IMO.
Mixing different Strawberries together is quite a common thing in DIY.
Thought for sure I had some HS SB in my stash to try but nope.
You could always try mixing 2% HS SB with 2% INW Shisha SB just for kicks:D

Thanks for the feedback. Yep, I think the Hangsen would benefit from another Strw, just have to find which one. I'll also try adding a bit of Bilberry, Dragonfruit or Pear to see if it helps them.

Have you noticed that Strawberry seems to be the most chased yet most elusive of all the vape flavors? But then, I have a buddy who could vape shoe polish, so maybe it's just me.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The issue is you order thinking you don't have that then find two bottles in your stash.

Just noticed that yesterday:rolleyes:.
Found 2x30ml new bottles of CAP Sweet Tangerine buried behind some others.
Threw out my old 13ml bottle as it was getting pretty old and discolored anyway.

sampleit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Fucking A!!! Got vape mail today and in the package is 60ml Shisha Strawberry. Gonna be some wild times in the office tonight. :D
60ml won't last long!!! That's a good thing ;)
Gonna try my HS strawberry now that's been knocking around for 6months unopened lol!! Read ya post n thought oh yeah I got that...
I use a trick I read on one of the forums to check if I've got a flavor... search for it in your email, it's saved me from double buying a few times now!!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
60ml won't last long!!! That's a good thing ;)
Gonna try my HS strawberry now that's been knocking around for 6months unopened lol!! Read ya post n thought oh yeah I got that...
I use a trick I read on one of the forums to check if I've got a flavor... search for it in your email, it's saved me from double buying a few times now!!

If it's as good as everyone says I'll have to buy it 100ml at a time. I have high expectations for this.
Have you ever ordered flavors and then when you get them you ask yourself, "What the hell was I thinking when I ordered this?" I did today.

sampleit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If it's as good as everyone says I'll have to buy it 100ml at a time. I have high expectations for this.
Have you ever ordered flavors and then when you get them you ask yourself, "What the hell was I thinking when I ordered this?" I did today.
Yeah fa condensed milk!!!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I got FA Fig today. Ok, not so bad until I realized I already had a bottle and used one time. WTF??
Times like this I'm glad I have a spreadsheet with all my flavors as well as my flavor stash on ELR. I know, I know, pretty anal, but...

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It's like slicing a fresh sweet strawberry in half then lightly sprinkling the juicy part with sugar.
It's mind blowingly good

Damn, got to try this. There were some mixed reviews/ notes on ELR, but you make a compelling case.

It really is the only one that actually *tastes* like strawberry! The others smell great, and have no taste at all. And don't feel too bad about your tastebuds -- I'm still using 14.5% of shisha strawberry, and started out at 16%.

No soapy/ flowery notes at 16%? Most fruit flavors gets really flowery and soapy at high %s. What does Strawberry Ripe (TPA) "taste" like to you?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got around to mixing this up with the Shisha. Did 10ml twice at 2 and 4%. And I made Andria's recipe at 4,430 %. ;)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn, got to try this. There were some mixed reviews/ notes on ELR, but you make a compelling case.

No soapy/ flowery notes at 16%? Most fruit flavors gets really flowery and soapy at high %s. What does Strawberry Ripe (TPA) "taste" like to you?

Hmm, that's a good question.... It smells really good, as good as the shisha strawberry..,. but taste? Hmmm.... maybe something like.... slice a strawberry, rub it inside a 16oz glass, then throw the strawberry away... then fill that glass with water, empty it, then fill it again with water and drink that. That's about how it tastes -- kinda sorta VAGUELY strawberryISH... but only kinda sorta vaguely. Shisha strawberry pops you in the mouth and says HEY! I'M A FUCKING STRAWBERRY!!!!!!!!

And do you really think I'd vape it every fucking day since December 2014 if it tasted like soap????

@bobnat -- if you made the most recent posted recipe, that's 25.76% -- which I guarantee you is less than a LOT of commercial ejuices that have HALF the flavor. ;)

Andria

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hmm, that's a good question.... It smells really good, as good as the shisha strawberry..,. but taste? Hmmm.... maybe something like.... slice a strawberry, rub it inside a 16oz glass, then throw the strawberry away... then fill that glass with water, empty it, then fill it again with water and drink that. That's about how it tastes -- kinda sorta VAGUELY strawberryISH... but only kinda sorta vaguely. Shisha strawberry pops you in the mouth and says HEY! I'M A FUCKING STRAWBERRY!!!!!!!!

And do you really think I'd vape it every fucking day since December 2014 if it tasted like soap????

Sounds good ... lots of conviction there :D

Only ONE supplier at Toronto with INW Shisha Strawberry ... was debating whether to make a 50 km round trip for ingredient ... probably will
:thanks:.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds good ... lots of conviction there :D

Only ONE supplier at Toronto with INW Shisha Strawberry ... was debating whether to make a 50 km round trip for ingredient ... probably will
:thanks:.

Best possible place to order anything Inawera is e-aromashop.com, in Poland -- best possible prices, reasonable shipping rates, and original pkging.

Andria

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Best possible place to order anything Inawera is

Got my INW Shisha Strawberry from local supplier. This is a great strawberry!

Interestingly, at very high percentages (15%-20%), I don't experience any funky smells/ taste. I appreciate why you like it a lot. In my experience however, over 15%, additional flavoring does not make a perceptual difference and is wasteful.

Pricey flavor. One can get two or three other flavors that may combine into something better ... maybe.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Interestingly, at very high percentages (15%-20%), I don't experience any funky smells/ taste. I appreciate why you like it a lot. In my experience however, over 15%, additional flavoring does not make a perceptual difference and is wasteful.

Pricey flavor. One can get two or three other flavors that may combine into something better ... maybe.

The price is just one reason I recommended e-aromashop -- buying the 100ml sizes at their prices is very cost effective, AND, they don't rebottle, but keep the flavors in original pkging. Their shipping rates are also very reasonable.

I'm down to 14.5% now on the shisha strawberry; I'm hopeful that my tastebuds will continue their recovery, but after nearly 4 decades [of smoking], it's very slow -- apparently they were the next thing to DEAD. :D So it's not wasteful at all; it's necessary, to be able to taste my vape and stay happy with vaping. After each tiny reduction in flavoring, I rest a while at that level, and if the tastebuds keep coming slowly awake, after a couple months, it starts to seem... icky? Best way I can describe it -- like trying to eat a while box of choc covered cherries in one go... though I don't use much sweetener anymore, for exactly that reason; my sense of "sweet" is apparently recovering much faster than other taste-perceptions.

Andria

Last edited:

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Try it at 2%.;)

Dayze0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Damn ....missed this 1 !!
Definitely gonna make this one up, probably try 3 or 4 batches at different % of Inwera Shisha SB,
in fact.... f**k it ...will do as advised @ 2%
Cheers Squonk

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Definitely gonna make this one up, probably try 3 or 4 batches at different % of Inwera Shisha SB,
Cheers Squonk
If I'm mixing up someone's recipe for the first time I always mix as written. After that is when I tinker if needed... For my palate, I usually don't have to tinker with @Squonk's recipes. I think he is my brother from another mother... :giggle:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cheers Squonk
Tastes great in a pharoah.

Dayze0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just got a Serpent RDTA - as I'm sick of the short lifespan of my coils on my Cleito and TFV8.
I try and run similar flavours on the same coils - but still massively reduces taste and lifespan,
hence the RDTA - Flavour filled times ahead lol

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mixed this up around 4-3-17 and forgot about it until today. OMG the best Strawberry Cream ever. Mellow, creamy, smooth and no chemical after taste. Gotta make more and forget about it for a few weeks.

Last edited:

Jasonrecio

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll get the bug ready...

e8NrUaC.gif
What kinda bug is that?

Sent from my Z832 using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got around to mixing this up with the Shisha. Did 10ml twice at 2 and 4%. And I made Andria's recipe at 4,430 %. ;)

Initially I didn't like the Shisha, the taste was too artificial for me. I had tried the mix @ 2%, and Andria's recipe, then decided I didn't want to vape it. Last night, I pulled out the bottle @ 4% and it is very good. The flavor has changed dramatically going from an artificial one to that of a strawberry. It's still not what I'm hoping for from any of these brands, but now I'll experiment mixing it with other SBs. The interesting part is the bottle sat for exactly two months. That's a long time for a fruit vape. I guess it illustrates just how concentrated and powerful the Shisha is.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Initially I didn't like the Shisha, the taste was too artificial for me. I had tried the mix @ 2%, and Andria's recipe, then decided I didn't want to vape it. Last night, I pulled out the bottle @ 4% and it is very good. The flavor has changed dramatically going from an artificial one to that of a strawberry. It's still not what I'm hoping for from any of these brands, but now I'll experiment mixing it with other SBs. The interesting part is the bottle sat for exactly two months. That's a long time for a fruit vape. I guess it illustrates just how concentrated and powerful the Shisha is.
I decrease Shisha and add tfa strawberry. I do this with all Squonk' s recipes. It only takes a couple days of steeping and no fade. It may improve with more time but if impatient it will work fine.

I quit using single strawberry mixes a while ago. I always use at least two strawberry flavors. I just edit the recipes as needed.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I decrease Shisha and add tfa strawberry. I do this with all Squonk' s recipes. It only takes a couple days of steeping and no fade. It may improve with more time but if impatient it will work fine.

I quit using single strawberry mixes a while ago. I always use at least two strawberry flavors. I just edit the recipes as needed.
^^THIS^^
Recipes are only guides.;)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I keep this in my rotation. Wonderfully sweet and strawberry. Love it! Shisha strawberry rules!

VU Sponsors