Become a Patron!

SWAG KIT - Vaporesso

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, in this review i take a look at the Swag Kit from Vaporesso. The Swag Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Gina from Vaporesso.

https://www.vaporesso.com/kits-swag-kit-vaporesso

In the Box

Contents:

1 X SWAG Mod
1 X NRG SE Tank/ NRG SE Mini Tank (EU version)
1 X GT CCELL (Extra)
1 X GT2 Core (Pre-installed)
1 X Replacement Glass Tube
1 X User Manual
1 X Vaporesso USB Cable

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

When opening the box the first thing i noticed was the digital cameo carbon fibre effect on the visible IML panel on the front of the device, the same type panel is also on the back of the device and the pattern alters as light catches it. These lightweight panels are fitted to a zinc alloy chassis making it an extremely light device and is a small size (perfect for popping in your pocket, then out you go). The zinc alloy is the colour of choice (in my case blue), the supplied NRG SE tank is only in two colours black or Silver but has o-rings to match or be in keeping with the colour of the device. On one carbon fibre panel is the indented vertical up / down button on a rocker and the other carbon fibre panel houses the USB port. Both panels have Vaporesso branding which blends in and is barely noticeable, also front and back above the panel the word "SWAG" is engraved. The top of the device is zinc alloy and has the battery cap one side and the spring loaded 510 the other. The two sides and bottom of the device is a u shaped all in one plastic panel which is plain on one side with the bottom having safety stamps and good venting. The other side houses the 0.91 OLED screen centrally, above this is the oval fire button and below is the rectangular mode button. I found the device felt very comfortable in the hand and as already mentioned is very light.

NRG SE TANK SPECS

Size: 22mm x 48.5mm (46mm EU)
Tank Capacity: 3.5ml (2ml EU)
Weight: 46g (44g EU)
Material: Stainless Steel
Thread: 510 thread
Color: Black, Silver

NRG SE

The NRG SE is basically the same tank as the standard NRG tank apart from doing away with the spit-back guard and having a smooth finish rather than heavy machined texturing. The insulation layer has also been removed so the SE version is not for wattage's over what the Swag is capable of, it starts to get seriously warm once you go above 70w.

Assembling and Filling

The tank comes apart simply and reassembles with equal ease. Before reassembling the tank i pre-saturated the cotton via the wicking holes and a bit of juice applied directly in the middle of the coil (there is a lot of cotton in the pre-installed coil head).
Filling the tank is easy as the NRG as a great top-fill system, the top-cap just slides to one side on a hinge revealing a large filling hole. After filling the top slides back into place with just the right amount of resistance, the top-cap will not move unless the user means it to

Performance

I tried both supplied coils with this tank and both were very flavoursome and gave plenty of cloud. The airflow was more than enough for both coils, i personally found the airflow best half closed using both coils. The airflow on the tank itself is a standard cyclops with stoppers.The pre-installed coil is the 0.4 GT2 coil which after a break in period (about a tank of juice) gave me good cloud and very nice flavour at 50w with the device set to hard. The spare coil is the 0.5 GT Ceramic coil (GT CCELL) which gives absolutely excellent flavour, with this coil i had the device set to normal and vaped at 30w, no break in period with this coil, it gave great flavour from the off. During using the NRG SE i suffered no leaking from the tank. I did find the airflow slightly rough unlike the normal NRG but really enjoyed the flavour.

Conclusion

A very well made, aesthetically pleasing tank that gives great flavour and cloud. Multiple coil head options allowing the tank to be used from 15w upwards. After 70w the tank does get seriously warm.

Flavoursome (especially the ceramic coil)
Range of coil head options
Hinged top-fill system
Aesthetically pleasing

Dislikes

Tank only suitable for lower wattage device like the Swag
Airflow slightly rough

SWAG SPECS:

Suitable Atomizer: 0.05 - 5 ohm
Voltage Range: 0-8.5V
Temperature Range: 100℃-315℃/200°F-600°F
Output Modes: VW(H/N/S), CCW, CCT, VT(NI,TI,SS), TCR(M1,M2), RTC, BYPASS
Battery Cell: 1x Lithium 18650 (not included)
Casting: Aluminum Alloy
Thread: 510 thread
Colours: Sliver, Orange, Blue, Black, Red, Gun Metal

The menu system

To fit the single 18650 battery unscrew the battery cap then pop the battery in negative up and then screw the battery cap back on. The Swag is the usual 5 clicks on and off. When switching the device on you should be in wattage mode, holding down the mode button changes it to temp control SS, holding down the mode button again takes you to temp control NI and each time you hold down the mode button it takes you to the next mode. The modes in order are, VW, TC-SS, TC-NI, TC-TI, M1, M2, Bypass and System Set. When in VW mode pressing the mode button 3 times gives you the option to set curves, to alter things use the up and down button. When on system set pressing the mode button 3 times brings up a list of options you can move down with each press of the mode button, this list starts with VW (selecting this allows you to set hard, normal or soft), then TC (selecting this allows you to alter the wattage for temp control). The other options are default, smart mode, screen timeout, brightness, puff counter and exit. Finally holding down the up and down button together flips the screen.

Performance

As well as the NRG SE i also tried the Geekvape Zeus (slight overhang) and the Berserker Mini and it's a cracking little 80w Mod. I do like Vaporesso curves and the curve option worked as good on the Swag as any other Vaporesso device. Up to 24mm tanks fit great but 25mm gives a very slight overhang. The battery life was what i would expect from a single 18650 device. The device is capable of 2A charging and is fully firmware up-gradable.

Pros:

Lightwieght
Pocket Friendly
Nice design
Performs well
Curves
Temp Control
Expected battery life
Clear,bright screen

Cons:

Single 18650 battery
Not suitable for high wattage

Conclusion

A pocket friendly single 18650 device which has a very good chip and performs well.

I would like to once again thank Gina from Vaporesso for supplying the Swag Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.vaporesso.com/kits-swag-kit-vaporesso

VU Sponsors