Become a Patron!

Survey Shows Adults Who Use E-Cigarettes To Quit Smoking Prefer Supposedly Juvenile Flavors

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He seems old & cranky. How about make a Postum juice for him.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Hasn't anyone told you that adults only like tobacco flavors and candy, fruit and bakery flavors are only made to entice young children to start vaping?

And the Brandy, Rum and mixed drink flavors are only for alcoholics?

Kinda waiting for Prune and fiber flavors for the elderly so they have all the bases covered!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I don't know if these people realize that ejuice comes unflavored?

Do they think 'cherry' is cherry tobacco like a cigar or something?

I would have asked this guy what flavor does not entice children!

Certainly tobacco and menthol would be the MOST child enticing flavors known to mankind since EVERYONE who ever started smoking as a child/young adult used one of these two flavors to start!!!

realsis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This crap Pisses me off. Did it ever occur to them that we adults might want to get away from tobacco flavors! I hate these so called studies!!

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Show me the study that shows adults don't like candy , coffee,caramel or any sweet flavor. !!!!! This guy has been in office to long , he has an opinion , just like anyone else , it does not follow that his opinion is scientific fact . The way he thinks "I have more therefore, I am more " and you'll do as I say.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Separated at birth? You decide.

Senator Jay Rockefeller of the Senate Commerce, (pseudo) Science and Transportation Committe ...
Jay-Rockefeller-large.jpg

Dracula ...
gary-oldman-dracula-ctr.jpg

What they have in common: they'll both suck the lifeforce out of you

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This guy has been in office to long , he has an opinion , just like anyone else , it does not follow that his opinion is scientific fact . The way he thinks "I have more therefore, I am more " and you'll do as I say.

DC appears to be fully staffed with politicians of this ilk.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think it's clear, we should all grow up and vape boring things.
Now taking bulk pre-orders for my special juices for serious and mature people only!!

Flavors:
- Curmudgeonly Creamed Corn
- Bossy Brussels Sprouts
- Old Soggy Oatmeal
- Primitive Prune
- Musty Meatloaf
- Social Security Sanka
- Fossilized Fruitcake
- Bland Bran
- Stuffy Scrod
- Overcooked Veggie Medly

JamesEh408

Member For 4 Years
Studies show people like things that taste good...hmmm I wonder if I could conduct an idiot study and get paid for it?

How about: "new study shows people who engage is sexual activities happier than those who do not."

Think I could get paid for that one?

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I think it's clear, we should all grow up and vape boring things.
Now taking bulk pre-orders for my special juices for serious and mature people only!!

Flavors:
- Curmudgeonly Creamed Corn
- Bossy Brussels Sprouts
- Old Soggy Oatmeal
- Primitive Prune
- Musty Meatloaf
- Social Security Sanka
- Fossilized Fruitcake
- Bland Bran
- Stuffy Scrod
- Overcooked Veggie Medly

You forgot.

Government Cheese
Kibbles and Bacon Bits
Day old Doughnut
Cream of Grits
Spaghetti O's
Food Bank Surprise
Spam

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What the hell is a juvenile flavor? Most kids love french fries: does it mean adults who eat at McDonald's are juvenile?

It's exactly like saying pink is girly. Well, no: pink is a just color, and plenty of men enjoy pink things. Associating tastes and preferences with certain subsets of society makes no logical sense, and reeks of prejudice and bigotry.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you mix in some bacon with that spam, I could see myself buying that ejuice, yup yup ...
Yup.gif

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What the hell is a juvenile flavor? Most kids love french fries: does it mean adults who eat at McDonald's are juvenile?

It's exactly like saying pink is girly. Well, no: pink is a just color, and plenty of men enjoy pink things. Associating tastes and preferences with certain subsets of society makes no logical sense, and reeks of prejudice and bigotry.

but..... the children, just remember that you racist

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, in TFA, there's the following sentence:

Refillable vaporizers, available mainly online or in specialized outlets, are less likely to interest teenagers than the cheaper “cigalikes” sold in supermarkets and convenience stores.

Anybody who writes teenagers prefer cigalikes to proper e-cigarettes because they're cheaper knows nothing about teenagers nor e-cigarettes. That goes to show how serious this article is...

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
maybe we should just use code words @CaFF like instead of strawberry we just say straw but then again, ive seen those teenagers using straws before

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
maybe we should just use code words @CaFF like instead of strawberry we just say straw but then again, ive seen those teenagers using straws before

I've seen some vendors just using weird names or numbers instead of the actual flavor. Makes sense. :)

Right now, I'm vaping one of these...

JReJgxGl.jpg

FWIW, those are beta-testing juices, so they actually don't have names yet...but ya get the idea. ;-)

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You forgot.

Government Cheese
Kibbles and Bacon Bits
Day old Doughnut
Cream of Grits
Spaghetti O's
Food Bank Surprise
Spam

I didn't put Spam because it's one of my fave foods! In fact, in a former life, my nickname was Spammy.. And that pre-dated the interwebz, so not that kinda spam!
And goddammit now I'm hankering for a hunka gubbermint cheese!

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Actually, "gubbermint" cheese ain't so bad.

The father of a friend of ours was responsible for giving the stuff out to the local needy and they did not want it.

So our friend was helping him get rid of it and we got a few blocks of it along the way.

Basically you can use the stuff just like Velveeta and if you add some spices and other things to it, it can make for a fairly good fondue!

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually, "gubbermint" cheese ain't so bad.

The father of a friend of ours was responsible for giving the stuff out to the local needy and they did not want it.

So our friend was helping him get rid of it and we got a few blocks of it along the way.

Basically you can use the stuff just like Velveeta and if you add some spices and other things to it, it can make for a fairly good fondue!
I wasn't being sarcastic, I seriously want a chunk! Velveeta is close, but not the same. *sniffle*

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree. I liked it.

CDMANrQ.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_cheese

My belated Gramma on my Dad's side always got that stuff back in the '80s and couldn't eat much of it, so she gave it away to the fam. Stuff was pretty good. FAIK, that program was replaced with WIC and such.

IMO, try the white version called "Qeso Blanco" or the "Sharp" flavor of Velveeta, it's a bit firmer and has a bit of tang like that old classic.

NuA4Qzpl.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kraft-Velveeta-Sharp-Cheddar-Cheese-32-oz/20743437

Maybe it's the same stuff? The Gov't cheese was probably an offshoot of the old C-ration cheese after Korea....
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=263948

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FWIW...I'm currently watching a NASCAR practice, drinking a vodka/mango/ginger ale and vaping Lucky 7's "Melon Fury".

It's an awesome combo. Take that, FDA!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I've seen some vendors just using weird names or numbers instead of the actual flavor. Makes sense. :)

Right now, I'm vaping one of these...

JReJgxGl.jpg

FWIW, those are beta-testing juices, so they actually don't have names yet...but ya get the idea. ;-)

i want samples, CaFF!!:D

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That could be the nastiest thing I have seen today

Actually, it's good stuff...no kidding. I've had a bottle of it.

i want samples, CaFF!!:D

Ah, I'm afraid that I had bought a bottle of that when I lived in a much cheaper Apt. and before they slammed big taxes on booze here. Can't afford it anymore. :(

But, I'd tried it:

0Igtrl.jpg

Folks who've known me awhile will recognize that old 1960's kitchen I had...

Mmm, the Bakon Bloody Mary....bloody good! =)
http://www.bakonvodka.com/recipes

VU Sponsors