Become a Patron!

Suggestions (box) for organizing flavorings

MTLian

Member For 4 Years
Hello,

I'm about to put in a big order of flavorings and I'm going to need some way of organizing these in a box. I have only 10 and 30 ml bottles. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking something along the lines of a fishing tackle box since it has all these little squares but I'm also thinking it might be too big to fit in my cupboard (to protect from UV) and also not "tall" enough to hold the bottles

With all the accomplished mixers here, I'm sure someone has thought of something awesome! Come to think of it, I'm not gonna be carrying this anywhere so it need not be a box that closes. It could be tray but idealy with dividers. Also, I don't need to fit everything in one box. I could have 2 boxes, one for fruit and the other confectionary. I only have 30-40 flavors so it's not that big of a stash.

The black box is one I have used since I started Vaping. (4 yrs ago) I first started using it to keep my e-juices in as you can tell that's what was in the box when the pic was taken. But now I've got some of my flavors in it. I put the stickers on it just for effect. I bought it from Walmart for like $10 seems to me like it was in the pharmacy section. It sold for diabetics to keep their supplies in. (they still sell them at Wal-Mart) Now, I keep a lot of my flavors in the Sterilite modular drawer that I bought from Staples or either Home Depot. (White box) The nice thing about this one is that it can be divided off by using cut poster board. The one in the picture is one I just took all the flavors out to clean it when I read your post. Anyway good luck finding one, hope these help
e47718e8d31998a3dda1efdf3b7aa0cf.jpg
5554867bf2341d9631c327555352d8be.jpg
c99fa681e845be3f0e90807cb8c125dd.jpg

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hello,

I'm about to put in a big order of flavorings and I'm going to need some way of organizing these in a box. I have only 10 and 30 ml bottles. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking something along the lines of a fishing tackle box since it has all these little squares but I'm also thinking it might be too big to fit in my cupboard (to protect from UV) and also not "tall" enough to hold the bottles

With all the accomplished mixers here, I'm sure someone has thought of something awesome! Come to think of it, I'm not gonna be carrying this anywhere so it need not be a box that closes. It could be tray but idealy with dividers. Also, I don't need to fit everything in one box. I could have 2 boxes, one for fruit and the other confectionary. I only have 30-40 flavors so it's not that big of a stash.
I keep my flavorings on a nail polish rack mounted on my wall. Holds about 150 of em.flavors.jpg

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They haven't after 3 years so far...that UV, heat and cold causing spoilage is all bull as far as I can tell. Something to get you to buy fancy unnecessary boxes and whatnot. Now that being said; natural flavors are probably a different thing. But 99% of eliquid flavors are artificial. So, nothing to spoil.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
They haven't after 3 years so far...that UV, heat and cold causing spoilage is all bull as far as I can tell. Something to get you to buy fancy unnecessary boxes and whatnot. Now that being said; natural flavors are probably a different thing. But 99% of eliquid flavors are artificial. So, nothing to spoil.

Good to know. Thank you.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I keep my flavors on a nail polish rack as well. Mine isn't as wide as @VAPEROXX 's. I outgrew it pretty quickly so am putting two rows of bottles on each shelf now. Top shelf holds 30ml bottles.

I'd buy the wider one if I had it to do over again, but the concept is still good.

MTLian

Member For 4 Years

I really like your “mixing station” setup! That’s it, gotta move out now so I can make the same thing :) .

On a serious note, I really like you nail polish rack idea but I’m in a smallish appartment and always put away my mixing gear when I’m done. I like to mix once a week to two weeks. So I’m thinking a rack would be hard to store and a bit flimsy to put away and take out of a cupboard. I think I’m gonna get a plastic parts tray and finagle a way to get the lid to stay on.

Doesn’t need to close but sawing off the lid is a last resort.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I really like your “mixing station” setup! That’s it, gotta move out now so I can make the same thing :) .

On a serious note, I really like you nail polish rack idea but I’m in a smallish appartment and always put away my mixing gear when I’m done. I like to mix once a week to two weeks. So I’m thinking a rack would be hard to store and a bit flimsy to put away and take out of a cupboard. I think I’m gonna get a plastic parts tray and finagle a way to get the lid to stay on.

Doesn’t need to close but sawing off the lid is a last resort.
I mix daily, and build coils constantly, so the mixing/ build Station is a necessity lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MTLian

Member For 4 Years
I'm an avid automotive mechanic DIYer so if I had a nice bench like that, I'd have plenty of tools and engine oil on it :) My transmission ejuice would actually come from.... a transmission LOL

AngD

Member For 2 Years
Hey MTlian, I have an idea, I’m into vaping and essential oils, a darkened storage place is important for both as is temperature control. Some come packaged in dark glass to help with it, but from the sound of it, you will have quantity. Here are two storage solutions used by essential oil collectors and mixers. The plain pine box is about $12 USD and the two level stained box is $39. I think there are movable inserts too, for customizing the layouts. They’re designed to store 10-30ml bottles with dropper tops. I have given a plain one to a friend that I stained to match his work area - it came out really nice and looked good too.

The web links from amazon.com won’t upload, but you can search them using the keywords “30ml essential oil case.”

Sent from
d3e6410186c2ce0e89d7e3383c049db8.png
my iPad using Tapatalk

MTLian

Member For 4 Years
Hey MTlian, I have an idea, I’m into vaping and essential oils, a darkened storage place is important for both as is temperature control. Some come packaged in dark glass to help with it, but from the sound of it, you will have quantity. Here are two storage solutions used by essential oil collectors and mixers. The plain pine box is about $12 USD and the two level stained box is $39. I think there are movable inserts too, for customizing the layouts. They’re designed to store 10-30ml bottles with dropper tops. I have given a plain one to a friend that I stained to match his work area - it came out really nice and looked good too.

The web links from amazon.com won’t upload, but you can search them using the keywords “30ml essential oil case.”

Sent from
d3e6410186c2ce0e89d7e3383c049db8.png
my iPad using Tapatalk

nice find! Defo more stylish than an ugly ass plastic organiser box. Hopefully i can find it on the underwhelming amazon.ca. I could even try and burn some cool logo on it!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I keep my flavors on a nail polish rack as well. Mine isn't as wide as @VAPEROXX 's. I outgrew it pretty quickly so am putting two rows of bottles on each shelf now. Top shelf holds 30ml bottles.

I'd buy the wider one if I had it to do over again, but the concept is still good.
Yup, those nail polish racks work nice. At least you can see the flavors being staggered upward.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I keep my flavorings on a nail polish rack mounted on my wall. Holds about 150 of em.View attachment 115723
Me, too! I have 4 of them.....and I have to get another one! Works great. Except I’m running out of wall space.....I do like being able just glance up and see the flavors.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use something like this but its full.
s-l300.jpg

I could just get another cuz it's really easy to find what I'm looking for. I have stickers on each drawer handle like "Random FLV", or "Strawberries".

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is what I am using, keeps things out of sunlight and semi organized. Have one for each flavor profile and one for wire and one for cotton. Also cheap as all shit~!

240572.jpg

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The black box is one I have used since I started Vaping. (4 yrs ago) I first started using it to keep my e-juices in as you can tell that's what was in the box when the pic was taken. But now I've got some of my flavors in it. I put the stickers on it just for effect. I bought it from Walmart for like $10 seems to me like it was in the pharmacy section. It sold for diabetics to keep their supplies in. (they still sell them at Wal-Mart) Now, I keep a lot of my flavors in the Sterilite modular drawer that I bought from Staples or either Home Depot. (White box) The nice thing about this one is that it can be divided off by using cut poster board. The one in the picture is one I just took all the flavors out to clean it when I read your post. Anyway good luck finding one, hope these help
e47718e8d31998a3dda1efdf3b7aa0cf.jpg
5554867bf2341d9631c327555352d8be.jpg
c99fa681e845be3f0e90807cb8c125dd.jpg

You've got the Wake & Vape box under your coffee table. Thought I was the only one that ordered from them. :)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What's that battery holder/dispenser thing on the desk?
It’s a battery dispenser! 3D printed. A guy on eBay is selling them. Someone on another thread got them and said they were great so I picked up two. 3dprintedintheus is his handle. $8/piece. Great for rotating batteries! Lots of colors.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Can the metal frame hold 30 or 60ml glass bottles? Its time for me to upgrade and most of my stuff is in glass bottles
I’ll go check. It holds 30ml plastic with ease. I’m pretty sure it would hold glass, too.

You’re in luck! I had one 60 ml glass bottle from commercial juice....fits perfectly.

You've got the Wake & Vape box under your coffee table. Thought I was the only one that ordered from them. :)
Noisy... Lol lol Your very observative. Trust me I only ordered from them once as far as e-juice. I actually ordered from them the second time just to get another cigar box? Lol lol ( I have kids and have to do a little art work on the box so I can leave it out in the open. I'm sure you know why) It's great to keep wicking supplies in. And the 3rd and final time I ordered from them thinking I was going to get another cigar box they sent me a little plastic dinosaur, what's that all about. Lol

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I only have about 100 bottles (only been DIY about 4 months), so I keep them in ziplocs sorted by brand, then in a tub with a tight lid. It's getting to be a pain as my collection is growing, so I love some of these ideas - especially the nail polish rack. I have two old train cases, as they were called before Caboodles came along. They have been sitting unused, but I think I'm going to try them out today.

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep mine in a cardboard box with dividers in it similar to the old fashion egg cartons that are sized for the 10 ml bottles that my flavors come in. Then I store the box in a dorm size refrigerator that some student threw away at the end of the school year that my daughter scrounged out of a dumpster near the dorms at one of our local colleges. I keep my nic and pg and vg in it too. It's full but it's a good way to store my stuff.

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I just keep mine in the box they came in. It's tedious looking through to find my flavors, but the ones I use most are in 120s so it's only the smaller ones I need to search for.

VU Sponsors