Become a Patron!

[SUGGESTION NEEDED] any best Griffin RTA Build

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I run dual SS Claptons in mine and the flavor and vapor production is excellent. The key to any build in the Griffin is getting the wicking right IMHO. It took me a while to keep mine from leaking but finally got the hang of it. Lots of trial and error.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Large interior diameter coils with a lot of surface area such as claptons, stapled claptons, aliens, and Caterpillar coils. 3mm i.d. or 4mm i.d. preferably. Wicking is all important to make sure the coil get enough juice. The larger clapton style coils need a lot of power to heat up quickly, and they do use a lot of juice, so wicking is quite important. Use organic cotton such as Koh Gen Do, Pima Cotton, or whatevery organic cotton you have on hand.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm running Alien coils I got from Purecoils.com, but before that I did love the 26g and 24g cored Fused Claptons I had made myself.

Light seeker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I run dual SS Claptons in mine and the flavor and vapor production is excellent. The key to any build in the Griffin is getting the wicking right IMHO. It took me a while to keep mine from leaking but finally got the hang of it. Lots of trial and error.
What gauges/type of SS claptons you building?

I'm currently running simple 316L 26g 3mm on TC. Loved my 26/32 kanthal claptons, but like the taste & tc of SS.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great posts above. I pretty much change coils everyday. It all comes down to what I feel like making (sometimes just attempting). Besides getting the wicking down, you should look at different types of wicks. I've found that the taste and wicking properties of the cheap muji cotton (I'm weird and order from Japan and wait 2wks to get it) is absolutely amazing. Just cut the tips of your cotton in triangle shapes after you put it through your coil, fluff it out, and then comb it. You're gonna take about 1/3 of the cotton out, but it enables your cotton to fit in the hole and not choke the wick. I'll run aliens at around .13-.15 ohms at 115w and chain vape. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm running Alien coils I got from Purecoils.com, but before that I did love the 26g and 24g cored Fused Claptons I had made myself.
How are you liking the alien coils??? Never vaped on them before. Is there much difference between them and Clapton's???

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How are you liking the alien coils??? Never vaped on them before. Is there much difference between them and Clapton's???

Vs normal claptons it's a whole new experience. Vs fused claptons it's a noticeable step up but damn a lot more work to get them right so I haven't learned to do them myself yet.

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vs normal claptons it's a whole new experience. Vs fused claptons it's a noticeable step up but damn a lot more work to get them right so I haven't learned to do them myself yet.
Just bought some alien and staple coils a couple of days ago. Waiting on them and hope it's worth the money I spent on them.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just bought some alien and staple coils a couple of days ago. Waiting on them and hope it's worth the money I spent on them.

They are tough at first, but once you get the hang of it, they're not that bad. You'll definitely like em and they last forever.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Usually run Claptons in mine. Gonna try a twisted Clapton tomorrow afternoon. I've used it in another rda but not sure of the post hole size

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you for your order! I just looked at the tracking, and they should be there tomorrow. Please let me know how you like them! Also, I'm always available if you have any questions.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

You'll love them, I got mine over a month ago I believe, they're still running strong, as are the fused claptons I got. They're so good I honestly haven't even tried the staples yet (I will once I get my new RDAs in heard they run a bit hot on the Griffin). One thing to note is that aliens take a bit more patience to install. All that tiny wire, hotspots are all over. Just be patient with it, use all the normal techniques, wiggle, tweak, brush, squeeze, and keep at it till they're gone. A Fused Clapton as long as I'm not being a drunken idiot (I fried a set last week which made me quite sad), they take about 5mins to get installed and wicked up. The aliens probably took me 10-15mins just to get the hotspots out. Once I did though they haven't left my Griffin, just dryburn and rewick, I've only washed/brushed them once in a dozen or two re-wicks.

Anyways, you'll be happy, just be patient with the install process.

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for your order! I just looked at the tracking, and they should be there tomorrow. Please let me know how you like them! Also, I'm always available if you have any questions.
Thanks for the info!!! You've been really helpful and I hope the coils blow my mind!!!!! It's really hard to beat a pre built coil and after trying some Clapton's I really don't see why anyone would want to try a sub ohm tank again. The pre built are just so much better, flavor and Vapor wise. People say that they don't want to get in to all the building and the time that it take, but with them already being pre built to your specs, all you have to really do is put them in, tweek a little and Vape on

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'll love them, I got mine over a month ago I believe, they're still running strong, as are the fused claptons I got. They're so good I honestly haven't even tried the staples yet (I will once I get my new RDAs in heard they run a bit hot on the Griffin). One thing to note is that aliens take a bit more patience to install. All that tiny wire, hotspots are all over. Just be patient with it, use all the normal techniques, wiggle, tweak, brush, squeeze, and keep at it till they're gone. A Fused Clapton as long as I'm not being a drunken idiot (I fried a set last week which made me quite sad), they take about 5mins to get installed and wicked up. The aliens probably took me 10-15mins just to get the hotspots out. Once I did though they haven't left my Griffin, just dryburn and rewick, I've only washed/brushed them once in a dozen or two re-wicks.

Anyways, you'll be happy, just be patient with the install process.
Hope the staples don't get too hot. I'm running 24g 5 wrap Clapton's on my Griffen right now and I have to use the drip tip adapter because the normal tip gets to hot.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hope the staples don't get too hot. I'm running 24g 5 wrap Clapton's on my Griffen right now and I have to use the drip tip adapter because the normal tip gets to hot.

What do you mean the normal drip tip gets too hot?

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you mean the normal drip tip gets too hot?
The wide boar tip that comes with it gets to hot and I have to put the drip tip adapter on it and use my own. I like the one that comes with it but to many watts and lips to hot.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The wide boar tip that comes with it gets to hot and I have to put the drip tip adapter on it and use my own. I like the one that comes with it but to many watts and lips to hot.

Ahhhh
The wide bore drip tip burns ur lips?, it shouldn't though? anyways
I don't use the wide bore neither...
89aaf9e4cb75f8896697f30091ade60e.jpg

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's more of how short it is. The tip seems OK but the vapor hits my lip and that is what I think is hot.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think it's more of how short it is. The tip seems OK but the vapor hits my lip and that is what I think is hot.

If juice hitting your mouthhole odds are you don't have enough wicking

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, if you whittle the base of a Cherryvapes Cloudchaser tip down a bit they work quite well in the Griffin too

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm vaping at 40 watts on a 24g 5 wrap clapton build. If I go any lower then the coils won't heat up.

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just finished putting in the staple coils, wicking and juicing...... So nice!!!! Vaping them at 40 watts and I also used some of the cotton that you sent and it's really a great Vape!!!! Didn't take long at all to get the hot spots out and I'm really impressed with the smooth Vape that it produces!!! This sir, is an excellent build and I'm very impressed. Hope it gives me long life and many clouds to come:)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just finished putting in the staple coils, wicking and juicing...... So nice!!!! Vaping them at 40 watts and I also used some of the cotton that you sent and it's really a great Vape!!!! Didn't take long at all to get the hot spots out and I'm really impressed with the smooth Vape that it produces!!! This sir, is an excellent build and I'm very impressed. Hope it gives me long life and many clouds to come:)

me?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Cool down your horses there, Ray... :p

@mkmnrm76 I'm happy to hear that you like them. Like I said, I'm always available if you need anything. :D
I really didnt know...sorry
Thought it was odd as I didnt remember his screen name. I thought this was the VapeMail thread when I was looking at it.

VU Sponsors