Become a Patron!

Sugar/Sucralose/Sweetner etc..

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We all know that sugar is referred to as the "vitamin for cancer" so was wondering if anyone knows if there is an actual sugar intake or absorption from vaping all these sweetened e-juices out there. Thanks!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Artificial sweeteners are mainly used in ejuice.
I DIY and use NuNaturals NuStevia liquid myself.
All artificial sweeteners are horrible to me.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We all know that sugar is referred to as the "vitamin for cancer" so was wondering if anyone knows if there is an actual sugar intake or absorption from vaping all these sweetened e-juices out there. Thanks!
I would assume so..after all you are pulling it into your body...one of the major reasons I DIY....just can't stand the overly sweet syrups that have become the industry standards.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I brought it up because my friend who is a pharmacologist and also vapes mentioned that the sugar intake with 99% of the eliquids you see out there today could become a big issue if they are in fact being absorbed into the bloodstream. Although he admits that he doesn't know for sure, its his best guess so just prefers to avoid them for peace of mind.

I only know of 2 companies that dont use any sweeteners, so other than DIY, does anyone know of any other makers? Thanks!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I brought it up because my friend who is a pharmacologist and also vapes mentioned that the sugar intake with 99% of the eliquids you see out there today could become a big issue if they are in fact being absorbed into the bloodstream. Although he admits that he doesn't know for sure, its his best guess so just prefers to avoid them for peace of mind.

I only know of 2 companies that dont use any sweeteners, so other than DIY, does anyone know of any other makers? Thanks!
Apparently he is a pharmacist not an experienced vaper.
again virtually all ejuice makers use artificial sweeteners that are diabetic safe.

Last edited:

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never made my blood sugar level go up. Checked it, chain vaped a few hours checked it again, didn't go up.

Good to know, so perhaps either it cant be absorbed as the traditional "sugar" or maybe in such trace amounts that its somewhat irrelevant.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hardly a scientific method but good enough to delude myself into not worrying about it...:)

MEENMAN83

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Doesn't take me out of keto so I don't suspect any intake...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would assume so..after all you are pulling it into your body...one of the major reasons I DIY....just can't stand the overly sweet syrups that have become the industry standards.
Same here, the VG is plenty sweet enough for me, no other sweetener needed. Hate sweet syrup tasting juice.

Bathory

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

What are the 2 companies?

Bathory

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just ordered some blacknote a sample pack and a bottle. my 1st juice ever :)

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can also check Vaporshark.com, they provide lab results on most of their juices they carry.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Both PG and VG are classified as a Sugar Alcohol and used in Diabetic candy to provide the sweet taste without the carbohydrates that come with sugar. I have read many topics of diabetics (I have type 2 myself) who did tests and found no meaningful change in blood sugar from spending a day of vaping vs a day of not vaping at all.

But, even if a real sugar was to be used, I can't imagine it would be enough to cause any concern.
The average vapor only goes through 5-10ml of liquid a day (based on reading numerous forum and facebook polls) and sugar would be pretty diluted in a bottle of eliquid. So spread out over a whole day I think that you simply wouldn't get enough sugar at once for it to have an effect. It would be like cutting a single m&m into 6 pieces and eating 1 piece every 2 hours. A single Orange would give you way more sugar.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Both PG and VG are classified as a Sugar Alcohol and used in Diabetic candy to provide the sweet taste without the carbohydrates that come with sugar. I have read many topics of diabetics (I have type 2 myself) who did tests and found no meaningful change in blood sugar from spending a day of vaping vs a day of not vaping at all.

But, even if a real sugar was to be used, I can't imagine it would be enough to cause any concern.
The average vapor only goes through 5-10ml of liquid a day (based on reading numerous forum and facebook polls) and sugar would be pretty diluted in a bottle of eliquid. So spread out over a whole day I think that you simply wouldn't get enough sugar at once for it to have an effect. It would be like cutting a single m&m into 6 pieces and eating 1 piece every 2 hours. A single Orange would give you way more sugar.

You can't use any actual sugar in vaping anyway, because it would turn the coils into a black sticky stinking mess. That's WHY all the artificial sweeteners are used in vaping. I'm just grateful for sucralose; I wouldn't use it for actual food or drink, artificial sweeteners are too detrimental to the digestive tract, but for vaping it's great; I really can't taste any diff between it and sugar.

Andria

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've tested my glucose before and after vaping DIY juice sweetened using sucralose
at 2% and found no difference.
I've used agave light syrup diluted at 1ml syrup to 9 ml PG at 1 and 2% and found no difference.

Lately I've been using stevia. I buy:
Better Stevia™ Liquid Sweetener, Glycerite - 8 fl. oz
and dilute 1 or 2 ml into 9 ml PG then use it at 1-3% depending on the sweeteness called for in the recipe

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sucralose tasted bad to me.
Not as bad as the other artificial sweeteners though.

I have used the NuNaturals Clear NuStevia liquid for over 2 years.
Use it straight up.
maybe 6 drops in a 120 ml bottle for a quite sweet desert vape.

Only on my second 2 oz bottle in close to 2.5 years of exclusive DIY vaping.
bottle is still about 2/3 full.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors