Become a Patron!
Can you develop a sensitivity to pg after vaping for a long time? I vaped for a year with no problems. Then I shamefully went back to cigarettes for a few months. Almost as soon as I began to vape again it seemed like the sides of my neck were getting tight or inflamed. Its causing all kind of problems. My bp is high because, I think, its constricting my jugular , I have pressure in my ears, I get really dizzy. I've had a shit ton of tests done so I'm pretty sure nothing is wrong with me. This has been going on for months now. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you vaping the exact same juice you did before?
I have sensitivity to some ingredients in many commercial ejuice's.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your symptoms sound more like vertigo or an ear infection, but a doctor could determine that much better than I. You can develop an allergy or sensitivity to anything at any time, that much is true. But if I really thought PG was the culprit, my first move would be to buy a juice with a lower PG content to experiment.

Yeah I've been using the same juice the entire time. Its mister-e ry4 I think its 50/50 and 6 mg nicotine. I have tried high vg juices for a week or so and still felt the same pressure in my neck and ears. Ive had like ten different doctors check out my symptoms. The last one actually did think maybe fluid in my ears is causing it. And now when I think back, after starting to vape again my nose has been running pretty much constantly and my throat sometimes get irritated. What confuses me though is that the symptoms go away sometimes for a couples weeks and I can vape all day and not feel dizzy, and my bp will go back down to normal. I'm trying to stop vaping completely, its very hard, and if that solves everything Ill update

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU. It sounds like you have a sinus infection. Your BP could spike if you are vaping in more nicotine than when you were smoking. I am by no means a doctor but what you describe sounds sinus related.

maybe, but its been over a year. I was thinking maybe indoor allergies. There is definitely a problem with the neck muscles on the front sides, the sternocleidomastoid muscles, or something behind them. My doctor at least confirmed that those muscles constricting or swelling can raise my bp. And it can cause ear problems. The reason I feel so strongly its my vape doing this to me is that I will feel fine all morning and after I hit my vape a few times I start feeling it. The only way to know is to stop, and I really, really don't want to stop.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
maybe, but its been over a year. I was thinking maybe indoor allergies. There is definitely a problem with the neck muscles on the front sides, the sternocleidomastoid muscles, or something behind them. My doctor at least confirmed that those muscles constricting or swelling can raise my bp. And it can cause ear problems. The reason I feel so strongly its my vape doing this to me is that I will feel fine all morning and after I hit my vape a few times I start feeling it. The only way to know is to stop, and I really, really don't want to stop.

Anything is possible. If it is the vaping causing issues might try going max VG and seeing if it helps.

I know its been awhile since I posted this but I thought id update it in case anyone else is having this problem, because it seems likely. Its allergies and vaping for some reason does seem to aggravate it. Indoor allergies of some kind because it started last year in the fall and went on through the winter when the heat is on in my house, idk. But my sinuses draining into my ears is causing the pressure. What helps is Benadryl, it really works the best if it doesn't make you drowsy, and Flonase. And obviously vape as little as possible. A humidifier in your room wouldn't hurt either

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I know its been awhile since I posted this but I thought id update it in case anyone else is having this problem, because it seems likely. Its allergies and vaping for some reason does seem to aggravate it. Indoor allergies of some kind because it started last year in the fall and went on through the winter when the heat is on in my house, idk. But my sinuses draining into my ears is causing the pressure. What helps is Benadryl, it really works the best if it doesn't make you drowsy, and Flonase. And obviously vape as little as possible. A humidifier in your room wouldn't hurt either

First, I'm glad you got some answers.
I wasn't going to say anything until I read all of this because I don't want to sound like some sob story looking for attention.
Having said that ... here goes ...

I've been out of work for, let's see, today is Friday, this coming Monday will be 5 weeks. I'm a truck driver and I was headed down the interstate one morning when I felt a slight nausea and then this odd pressure in my head accompanied by a strange dizziness that's kinda hard to describe but it made me feel like I was going to pass out. Needless to say that scared me to death. I had one hand on the brakes and was scanning the mirrors looking for an opening in the traffic so I could hit the shoulder and stop. I would rather run off in the trees than hurt someone else. Anyway, it eased up and I made it back to where I work. I called my boss and went home. I figured I had a bug of some sort because I was running a low grade fever. Two days later I'm thinking okay I'm good so I went back to work. A few days later the same thing happened again. Worse this time. I went to the doctor the next day and haven't been back to work since. I've seen 4 different doctors and had a barrage of tests done with very little in the way of answers. I can't go back to work until I get some answers firstly because it would be highly irresponsible on my part and secondly the cardiologist won't release me until then. I'm not made out of money so this needs to be resolved so I can go back to work.

Bloodwork
EKG
Echo Cardiogram
Nuclear Stress Test
CT Scan
X-rays
Vertigo Testing

And I still have 3 more tests pending. So far they've found moderately high cholesterol and "at least moderate " spinal stenosis in one of the vertebrae in my neck. "At least moderate "? What the @#$ does that mean? That's it.

Point being that your story here makes me wonder all of a sudden if my vaping has become an issue to consider because I vape a LOT. If it has and is affecting me to this extent then there's little question about the answer.

I thank you for sharing your experience and I will however reluctantly tell my doctors and listen to what they say with an open mind.

VU Sponsors