Become a Patron!

Subtank Mini V2 RBA 9.99ohm

firemandan26

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all! So i bought the sub box mini a while back and tried using the RBA section a couple times and every time i put a build in it i get no reading on my ohm meter and my sub box reads 9.99ohms. It was a while ago so i forget the exact build i was using, but it wasn't anything that the sub box couldn't handle. Just a standard coil you would get with the tank. i tried unscrewing the RBA and making sure it was tight, and it still did the same thing.

Sorry if this was brought up already, i went through the first 10 pages and didn't see anything. Hope you guys can help and sorry for any inconvenience!

Thanks!
-Dan

drowland32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had this issue on mine after taking it apart to clean it. What I noticed is that when I unscrewed the positive post from the bottom of the deck, is there was still alcohol on the threads. I cleaned off the threads, re seated the positive post with the deck, and tightened everything back down. I haven't had any problems since.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

firemandan26

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll give that a shot and see what happens. Thanks for the reply!

firemandan26

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had this issue on mine after taking it apart to clean it. What I noticed is that when I unscrewed the positive post from the bottom of the deck, is there was still alcohol on the threads. I cleaned off the threads, re seated the positive post with the deck, and tightened everything back down. I haven't had any problems since.

So I took everything apart, made sure everything was dry and put it all back together. I'm still getting the 9.99ohm. I can't think of what would possibly cause this problem. I went ahead and ordered a new one, but I'm still bummed that this one is all jacked up. Thanks for the response! Any other suggestions?

drowland32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Big Daddy Vapes post a YouTube video about this issue and fix. I just Google "Kangertech subox mini 9.99" His video was one o d the first things on the list. If you try it let me know how it works out for you.

amali.supafly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had a couple of times this happened to me. The first time i hadn't screwed in the coils tight. The second i hadn't screwed in the deck to the airflow base tight. The third my coil build was whack. So hope it helps.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

First post and long time lurker here but I have had the subox kit for a few months and get the "9.99" short every now and then. I have found there is 4 possible causes of the "9.99" error with the sub-tank RBA. Not sure if the video link above covers all this but here's my personal findings.

1- coil ends touching chimney
2- coil screws not seated properly
3- the contact on the bottom of the rba will loosen over time and the "L" bracket that mounts the coil get loose as well. Just tighten the base contact and the "L" bracket shouldn't move anymore (This was my most problematic one took forever to find and almost threw the RBA out because of it)
4- RBA not seated properly to the base (this will give you the 9.99 instantly)

There's not many other things that can go wrong with the RBA. As for OCC's pulling the "9.99" error I say they're junk period and should only be "emergency spares" because the wire runs through the base gaskets and they leak constantly.

firemandan26

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First post and long time lurker here but I have had the subox kit for a few months and get the "9.99" short every now and then. I have found there is 4 possible causes of the "9.99" error with the sub-tank RBA. Not sure if the video link above covers all this but here's my personal findings.

1- coil ends touching chimney
2- coil screws not seated properly
3- the contact on the bottom of the rba will loosen over time and the "L" bracket that mounts the coil get loose as well. Just tighten the base contact and the "L" bracket shouldn't move anymore (This was my most problematic one took forever to find and almost threw the RBA out because of it)
4- RBA not seated properly to the base (this will give you the 9.99 instantly)

There's not many other things that can go wrong with the RBA. As for OCC's pulling the "9.99" error I say they're junk period and should only be "emergency spares" because the wire runs through the base gaskets and they leak constantly.

I've taken this thing apart, cleaned it, checked the coils, and pretty much did what everyone recommended tons of times with no success. I ordered another and just came in yesterday and works great. Thanks for all the replies and all the help!

jkoppk

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All I ever have to do is screw the rba out of the tank base
and push the base contact up and screw it back in and it's fixed

firemandan26

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the info guys! The new RBA is working great!

VU Sponsors