1. UP FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

Submit Your Community Challenge Ideas

Discussion in 'Idea Submission' started by KingPin!, Aug 18, 2018.

1. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    This is a community project, we want you, our community members to drive this as much as us. If you have ideas for future challenges please drop them below
    • Tell us the title of the challenge

• The idea itself

• Any supporting information

• The challenge rules/limitations to set your fellow community members
    Challenges must be allowable under our forum rules which can be found below (http://vapingunderground.com/threads/rules-of-the-forum.255/)

We are looking for team work and collaboration challenges rather than individual competition.

Please note the VU Challenge Team might need to take your idea, snippets of others and spin things together as we work through different challenge developements, as a result initial ideas might change form somewhat as we progress, or in some casses might not progress at all.

The schedule of challenges the team has put together can be found in the announcements/info sub below

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vaping-underground-challenge-schedule.433011/

We will lock this thread from time to time whilst we collect and work through content (you’ll see a post from one of the team when this happens)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  2. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    I think I might have an idea that needs to be fleshed out.....it may be too specific to DIY juice people? But.....it could work.

Title: Would you vape THAT??

The idea is that teams/groups/pairs create a recipe with randomized ingredients...and only those ingredients. And one(?) of those ingredients is awful. Like pickle....bacon(cause who has a good bacon flavor)....fried chicken....like that. And make it vapable.....perhaps even ok.....maybe even good.

I’m thinking maybe a 6 flavor limit. Probably a time limit(2weeks? 3 weeks?). Maybe each “group” has a different “awful” flavor.

Like I said, I haven’t thought it out completely, but maybe you get the idea......

3. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Thank you WG :vino:Added to the ideas pool

4. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    That is a good idea....WG would prolly win that one........:giggle:

.............:ejuice::cloud::ejuice::cloud:.............:bomb:

5. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    I don’t know about all that.....:giggle:

6. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    That is a good idea but could cost some money thereby eliminating more participants. Maybe just challenge all to make one ingredient work. Or allow a choice for group challenge or as an individual?

7. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    If you could get a vendor like Jwraps for example involved we could have a create a skin challenge. Maybe have 3-4 themes to pick from? Most of us don't have the tools to create a skin and would need guidance on what's actually doable that would look good.

8. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    All good points! Definitely have to think it out.

pateralus9 and LeanPipe like this.
  9. LeanPipe

LeanPipe Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I have tomato flavor that I have no clue what to do with!

10. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Perfect

KingPin!, Letitia9 and LeanPipe like this.
  11. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    I so want to try tomato but afraid it will taste like Campbells soup.

12. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    Bruschetta is where I want to take it.

13. LeanPipe

LeanPipe Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    You know, I got it along with fe sweet bread and caps butter. I was going to make tomato sandwiches, which I love to eat. Then, the thought of vaping it no longer appealed to me lol

14. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    Garlic bread with tomato and parsley.

15. OmagaWright

OmagaWright New Member

Blog Posts:
    Mmm... meatloaf with tomato sauce glazed over.

As much fun as I like this idea, let's not do blueberry pie. I've watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory enough to know how this ends.

16. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    I'd like to keep in mind how many out there ingredients would be needed. Meatloaf would be a pretty complex mix on it's own.

LeanPipe and Pegleg Meg like this.
  17. OmagaWright

OmagaWright New Member

Blog Posts:
    Meatloaf is a bit easier in ingredients than it looks. Basically, beef and tomato soup/ketchup. Added flavors if its your kinda thing should at least be onion and bell pepper. Of course I cant taste the eggs and crackers even though they are only used to hold the meatloaf together.

But if not meatloaf, a good ole BLT would suffice for me.

LeanPipe and Letitia9 like this.
  18. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    So is this one going to be a team thing, I think that's where @wildgypsy70 is leaning. One odd ingredient per team and an ingredient limit?

LeanPipe likes this.
  19. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    So just read through the thread again. I'm warming up to the one odd flavor and maybe a list of more common flavors that are randomly selected;; 5-6 flavors total to use in the recipe. Is this where you were going Gypsy? I also like the idea of challenging the teams to come up with a given name like BLT, but might scare off some I'm afraid. Would love somehow to get some new mixers involved with working with experienced mixers.

20. OmagaWright

OmagaWright New Member

Blog Posts:
    I looked back and thought I posted a similar idea to yours. A group of random odd flavors but teams would submit accomodating flavors that would be "vapable".

LeanPipe, KingPin! and wildgypsy70 like this.
  21. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, that’s the idea I was posing. Regular flavors and one total oddball....like something terrible. 5-6 flavor limit, in total. I’m not opposed to one person submitting, but I thought the team/pair idea might be fun and get people involved. I do like the new mixer/experienced mixer idea! And of course, a name for the recipe.

22. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    How about a beater mech challenge? The current one is regulated only which leaves out us mech users. I have some REO Grands that have hundreds of thousands of miles on them. I don't dare travel with regulated so any regulated mods I have never get beater status.

23. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    In hindsight gopher we could have done it that way mate :cheers: we have several in the development pipeline to include the mech side of our community for sure though so watch this space

24. OmagaWright

OmagaWright New Member

Blog Posts:
    Well, here is a thought, but howabout vape related memes? Fairly simple concept. Staff puts up a selection of random pics and participants choose one with a caption below it. Of course people can do as many as they want. There just aint enough vape memes in the world.

On a side note, maybe use the contest as a way to inform new members (like me) how to copy and paste the pic in their post. :sad:

25. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    Added to the idea pool thanks Omaga :)

On the second point folks can certainty ask and the team will be happy to help if not sure (we’ll try to cover with wording to this affect where it’s needed in the future)
    :vino:

26. pateralus9

pateralus9 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I have a few ideas; not sure if any of them are any good, but even if they aren't, they could help get the creative juices flowing for someone else with a better one.

1) As with beater mods, you could do a similar challenge but with glitched screens (if that's a thing that happens, haven't seen it myself but maybe it does).

2) Most creative picture of people blowing vapor rings, or maybe more complex tricks (more complex tricks could alienate some people though, like myself because I can do only rings).
    These would need to be be pics of the user, not someone they know or anyone else.
    If sticking with only vape rings, you could include more people & grade based on number of rings, angle of the shot, background, lighting. Anything that makes it a cooler, more interesting, exciting photo.

3) Guess if a mod/atomizer is original or a clone.

4) Find the funniest looking, most obscure, or weird vaping-related product online & post a screenshot.

Just spitballing here, not sure if any of these are any good, but if not, hey, maybe they'll lead to something better with one of y'all!
    I'll try to think of some others & post again. :)

27. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    Many Thanks Pat added to the ideas pool :cheers:

Letitia9 and pateralus9 like this.
  28. OmagaWright

OmagaWright New Member

Blog Posts:
    Man its raining like crazy down here. Really hard to vape in a car with big clouds when the windows are rolled up, or chance it by gettin rained on. Sure be awesome if we had a chance to win window visor so we can crack the window and vape when rainin. :rolleyes:

For a more serious idea, how about ugly vape mod/tank combinations? Or something excessive, weird accesories? The pic in my avatar would be a decent example.

Letitia9, KingPin! and pateralus9 like this.
  29. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    Thanks again Omaga - added :vino:

Letitia9 likes this.