Become a Patron!

Sub-tank with RBA.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the fact that I can build a coil in my Kanger SubTank mini, but I havent used it yet. I have a Kayfun that I love. But I like being able to swap a coil, with out draining juice, and roll. So I wonder why so many seem to get a subtank only to build on it with the RBA deck. Along those lines, how do the subtanks with RBA's compare to standard RTAs? Im just being lazy, and want some decent clouds, so the coils are great.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the fact that I can build a coil in my Kanger SubTank mini, but I havent used it yet. I have a Kayfun that I love. But I like being able to swap a coil, with out draining juice, and roll. So I wonder why so many seem to get a subtank only to build on it with the RBA deck. Along those lines, how do the subtanks with RBA's compare to standard RTAs? Im just being lazy, and want some decent clouds, so the coils are great.

I have three subtank minis, and I only use the RBA section. It gives me slightly better flavor than my Kayfun V4, and it's certainly less fiddly! You do have to wick them very thick, and I had a slightly enlarge the channels on all of mine.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have one that came built I'll add the cotton never did yet I have a LOT of OCC coils

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I wonder why so many seem to get a subtank only to build on it with the RBA deck.
I wonder why so many seem to get a subtank only to let some china man build and wick their coils for a price when they can install their own build on it with the RBA deck. :eek:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder why so many seem to get a subtank only to let some china man build and wick their coils for a price when they can install their own build on it with the RBA deck. :eek:
Laziness, mostly. I have yet to burn out my pre-installed coil on my mini, though I may just toss it prematurely so I can get to building...but like @AmandaD I want to file out the wicking channels because I can already see juice flow is going to be a problem.

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's all about the wicking, took me a while to get it right but once I figured it out BAM, the flavor is awesome. I use regular organic cotton not the Japanese squares and use mostly 70/30 VG/PG juice and no dry hits ever. Just only put enough cotton to reach the deck and make sure the juice channels are free and clear, pull the cotton away from them even, and you'll be good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oberon75

Member For 4 Years
I've been attacked on another board for asking that question.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL! I got no time for fiddling with wires and shit! I like my big giant clearomizer...

poco loco

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't had to build a coil yet, just rewick every few days and I've been vaping these same preinstalled coils for a month+ and I picked up a few spare coils so I shouldn't have to wrap one for a long time. I will just to see what happens but it's very nice not to have to yet still have the flavor and flow of the rba.

I am about to open the juice channels a bit because even with 70pg I still get some almost dry hits after chain vaping which I do regularly. Closing off the airflow then giving a few hard puffs wets the wick nicely but I don't want any possibly dry hits.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My rba base had the fully drilled channels, but I still opened them up some. Using my own home made juice that's more than 80% vg I get no dry hits.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't used the RBA on my subtank mini much yet - I tried a couple times but kept getting dry hits. I think it's because I use mostly max VG juices so I need to open up the juice channels. I've been using the stock heads pretty exclusively since I got my OG subtank a few months ago. I just pull the wicks, dry burn and then rewick with rayon when the coils start going on me. Just rewicked 10 so I've got a box of coils ready to go!

I have three subtank minis, and I only use the RBA section. It gives me slightly better flavor than my Kayfun V4, and it's certainly less fiddly! You do have to wick them very thick, and I had a slightly enlarge the channels on all of mine.

What did you use to open yours up?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't used the RBA on my subtank mini much yet - I tried a couple times but kept getting dry hits. I think it's because I use mostly max VG juices so I need to open up the juice channels. I've been using the stock heads pretty exclusively since I got my OG subtank a few months ago. I just pull the wicks, dry burn and then rewick with rayon when the coils start going on me. Just rewicked 10 so I've got a box of coils ready to go!

What did you use to open yours up?

A diamond coated bead reamer. The first few times I used it just by hand, but after that I found it faster putting it in a dremel!

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's all about the wicking, took me a while to get it right but once I figured it out BAM, the flavor is awesome. I use regular organic cotton not the Japanese squares and use mostly 70/30 VG/PG juice and no dry hits ever. Just only put enough cotton to reach the deck and make sure the juice channels are free and clear, pull the cotton away from them even, and you'll be good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're exactly right ! I learned that trick somewhere on YouTube and works great on both of my STM RBAs.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A diamond coated bead reamer. The first few times I used it just by hand, but after that I found it faster putting it in a dremel!
Do you have a link for that reamer? I might try it.

VU Sponsors