Become a Patron!

Sub-ohming - Check. Flavor - Check. But... I wanna...

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Greetings from the inside of my truck here in Columbus Ohio.

I like chucking clouds and I know how to build a decent 0.16 build that I can run at high wattage and chuck clouds like crazy, but I am at the point where I think inhaling 15ml of max VG juice is taking its toll on me because I chain vape, 10 out of every 15 minutes I am awake. No exaggeration. So now what I want to do is brainstorm with you guys on how to get great flavor but not have to chuck a cloud that can compete with Mother Nature...

I am not interested in using any PG aside from what's in my flavors. I make my own juice.
I don't care what the build comes out at, or how many watts. I have a Mutation v3, Sig 150 and 26ga Kanthal. (i'm pretty sure its 26).
I DO have a kanger subtank with the rebuildable head.
All my current juice is max vg on my truck.
I would love to keep getting good flavor and preferably some throat hit, but I think I may be able to modify my mixes to account for any TH loss due to not sub-ohming anymore.

Any and all input is welcome, and I really would like to hear what yall have to say and what direction you think I should consider taking regarding builds wattages etc. Thanks.

Professor Snape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also drive over the road, but I'm more of a flavor chaser. The best tank I have for flavor and it chucks some pretty good clouds is the Crown by Uwell. It comes with a .25 ohm coil installed and two extras. You can also get .5 ohm coils, or for an additional $12 to $15 you can get the RBA. I run it right around 50 W on my Sig 75; just can't beat it for flavor. I also have a couple Lemo 2's and normally build them with .6 to .8 ohm coils with an inner diameter of 2.4 mm made from 26g kanthal. I run them at 4.5 V and get excellent flavor. I usually make my juice at 45 PG / 55 VG, with flavors at 20% to 25% of the total mix. I'm just waiting for my first order of stainless steel wire for wrapping coils; everybody claims that's where the flavor is.

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Professor Snape thanks for yourr reply
your name isn't chris is it? you dn't have to answer, but I know(knew) someone who used to run stuff very similar to you...

Professor Snape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, name isn't Chris. I used to have trucks leased to HVH out of Denver.

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No, name isn't Chris. I used to have trucks leased to HVH out of Denver.
Lol definitely not the person I knew. I know vaping is a big community but the vaping trucker community is pretty small to my knowledge so It was a shot in the dark.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

supermarket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really think there are some serious misconceptions about vaping in the vaping community that just don't seem to go away. One of those is that sub-ohming is required for flavor chasing. I'm not saying YOU think that, but I'm mentioning it because you made a thread asking about a good flavor build, but mentioned you subohm at 0.16 ohms!

Honestly, when it comes to flavor, I prefer my coils to heat up over the course of a 1-3 seconds, RATHER then just heating as soon as you press the button. Also, more surface area the better.

Also, I prefer my ohms to be around 0.5, to 1ohm. Parallel coils work really well for flavor.

If you want the best flavor, you'll just have to experiment with various builds and see what works for you!

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@supermarket I know what you mean. I'm saying I am able to build low ohm builds and all that. I am not saying that I want to flavor chase with a 0.16 build, just that I am more interested in flavor chasing than I am clouding at this point. For example, I have a 5 wrap twisted dual coil build around 3mm that reads 0.2 ohms on my sigelei 150. I run it at 60 watts currently, and I notice it warms up after about 1-2 seconds and cranks out clouds. The flavor I'm getting from my diy juice I'm currently vaping is amazing... 15% fw extreme ice with 2% cap banana. I'd love to get a build that I can get similar flavor with, that can chuck less clouds but produce a similar throat hit too. Is this unreasonable to obtain without having to use pg or changing my recipes?

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My needs are simple. I like to use .4-.5ohms on my builds. Anything lower makes it too hot to really enjoy the flavor. And my sweet spot is 60w. I used to use max-100%vg exclusively, as I am sensitive to pg. I can handle 70/30 vg, so I started using that for my sub-ohming tanks. Tried it on my drippers, as well. With that small adjustment to the vg/pg mix, I noticed that the cloud production is pretty much the same, but the flavor comes out so much more.

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@dionysuskiss its interesting to hear that your new blend does better flavor and comparable cloud output for tanks. I dug out my subtank to play with it again. Good to know, thanks.

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know about the Subtank, but on the Herakles and ijust 2 tanks, at the higher wattage that they prefer, it does really well. I still use the max VG on the Cthulhu and Aromamizer RDTA, with no fear of dry hits.

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, i built my subtank using 26ga kanthal at like 7 or 8 wraps, came out to 0.8 ohms. Used a juice thats delicious in dripping. I still get the general flavor of the juice in my tank but not as strongly, and i hate the lack of airflow. I also haven't been able to find a wattage that makes this juice more similar in quality to my dripper. I must have built a miracle build though, because i am wicking max vg juice and not had a dry hit yet. Major accomplishment for me.

Sent from my mind's rectum.

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are a candidate for an Aromamizer RDTA. It's basically a dripper,with a tank on top. The juice comes up from the bottom of the deck, almost like a bottom fed. Lots of air flow, and NO dry hits. They just came out with a Velocity styled deck for it, too. If you are interested, you can find them at steamcrave.com

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now THATS a unique concept based on what i read. Gonna look further. Thanks!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get great flavor by direct lung hitting one of my diy juices in my Derringer. I get equally great flavor by mouth to lung hitting a different diy juice in my Kayfun. The Kayfun definately provides a different style of vaping and a whole lot less vapor, but still killer flavor. Just a thought.

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I lung hit everything. I feel like mtl doesnt do anything for me.

VU Sponsors