Become a Patron!

Sub ohm vaping

Hilfiger

Member For 4 Years
Yesterday i recieved my Aspire esp box mod with a kangertech subtank mini

I fill it up with 100%VG 3MG Nico and start vaping. Everything was just fine. But after couple of hours i just couldnt vape anymore.

When i vape in to mouth and inhale i cough. Its just hitting my throat.

I have 0.5 coil and vape at 15 or 20W.

I have never seen something like this with my other non sub ohm batteries or clearomizer.

Is just because sub ohm is not for my body?

If it is......can i just try with a another non sub tank on aspire esp box mod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think Kanger is now explicitly recommending the 1.2 ohm coil at 15-26 watts for mouth-to-lung inhales. My mini came with 1 each of the 0.5 and 1.2 as samples - maybe try switching them out?

Also, with high-VG especially, take a needle and make a couple light impressions in each juice port on the coil - helps wicking immensely.

Hilfiger

Member For 4 Years
Ok. Thanks man. I hope it will help.

But can i still use 100%VG, 50/50VPG and 70%VG 30%PG ejuice with that setup ??

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Ok. Thanks man. I hope it will help.

But can i still use 100%VG, 50/50VPG and 70%VG 30%PG ejuice with that setup ??

In my subtank I usually run 50/50 to 30pg/70vg nothing more!

Hilfiger

Member For 4 Years
I tried with 1.2 coil. I just cant do with it. I think i will sell it and buy a Aspire Nautilis.

Someone told me when using aspire nautilis put a 1.8 coil on vape on 5 to 10 watt.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I tried with 1.2 coil. I just cant do with it. I think i will sell it and buy a Aspire Nautilis.

Someone told me when using aspire nautilis put a 1.8 coil on vape on 5 to 10 watt.

You might want to check again with that "someone"

A 1.8 ohm coil at 5 to 10 watts? I don't think the output will be quite what you might expect.

Honestly if your looking for a good sub ohm tank with good flavor and airflow I would highly recommend either the herkales tank which comes with a .6 coil and a .2 coil. Or the freemax starre tank comes with the option of .25 and .5 ohm coils...after breaking in my coils the flavor and clouds are amazing at around 50 wats

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey bud...welcome to sub ohm vaping :) You think you coughed hard the first time you vaped your first "little" vape well sub ohming is like starting all over again. I never met a person that didn't cough if not cough hard on their first sub ohm anything...

It's like I tell all these people who come here that have never vaped, or smoked for the matter, and they want to get a mech and a dripper and start out with these stupid low builds because they "wanna blow mad cloudz broz, mad mad cloudz for dayz!" Sub Ohming can be down right uncomfortable to painful the first time you get a good lungful of it...does it mean it is or isn't for you? Well, you can only answer that question...all I can say is that like I have also said before that vaping is a very personal thing...it's all about what is right for you, and not what I think is right for you. Only you can tell if you're getting the right amount of vapor from a device or if you need more....Right now a Nautilus at 10 watts may do the trick for you and in a month you need to raise it to 14 watts, and then in another month that doesn't satisfy you so you go back to the Subtank with a a 1.2 ohm coil set at 18 watts and then after awhile you switch to the .5 ohm coil at 24 watts...etc.... vaping is a journey, it's a hike, not a marathon...just take your time and enjoy what you enjoy...if you already have a subtank it will be there waiting for you when you're ready...if you're ready....in the meantime, just hit the nautilus and enjoy :)

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey bud...welcome to sub ohm vaping :) You think you coughed hard the first time you vaped your first "little" vape well sub ohming is like starting all over again. I never met a person that didn't cough if not cough hard on their first sub ohm anything...

It's like I tell all these people who come here that have never vaped, or smoked for the matter, and they want to get a mech and a dripper and start out with these stupid low builds because they "wanna blow mad cloudz broz, mad mad cloudz for dayz!" Sub Ohming can be down right uncomfortable to painful the first time you get a good lungful of it...does it mean it is or isn't for you? Well, you can only answer that question...all I can say is that like I have also said before that vaping is a very personal thing...it's all about what is right for you, and not what I think is right for you. Only you can tell if you're getting the right amount of vapor from a device or if you need more....Right now a Nautilus at 10 watts may do the trick for you and in a month you need to raise it to 14 watts, and then in another month that doesn't satisfy you so you go back to the Subtank with a a 1.2 ohm coil set at 18 watts and then after awhile you switch to the .5 ohm coil at 24 watts...etc.... vaping is a journey, it's a hike, not a marathon...just take your time and enjoy what you enjoy...if you already have a subtank it will be there waiting for you when you're ready...if you're ready....in the meantime, just hit the nautilus and enjoy :)
You hit the nail on the head. Perfect advice.

Shladis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

It's like I tell all these people who come here that have never vaped, or smoked for the matter, and they want to get a mech and a dripper and start out with these stupid low builds because they "wanna blow mad cloudz broz, mad mad cloudz for dayz!"
I'd only smoked hookah/a little bit of vape out of a buddies ego, and I did perfectly fine jumping straight into a mechanical mod with a dripper. Used like .8 ohms on my first try. It burned pretty bad going down a bit, but after a couple hours it felt normal. Just gotta power through xD

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I vaped for a couple years before I bought my first mech and a dripper. A 0.6 Ohm build was dancing on the edge of a razor, at least that was the thinking of the time. The first time I vaped a dripper, I coughed. So I built the coils higher in Ohms, still coughed, but a lot less. I use a dripper at home, and either a subtank, or a Nautilus when I am out and about. Stick with what you are comfortable with, don't jump into cloud busting for a while.

NitroBex

The Cloud Chasing Geek
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Ok I will weigh in here... First thing first... 100% vg juice is a myth... if it is 100% vg it is unflavored and has no nicotine in it =) So lets assume it is a max vg juice.. max vg juice generally is between 70%-95% vg and unless it has distilled water added to it (a practice I do not care for) it is super thick and has issues wicking in some tanks, so most likely the throat hit you were experiencing was a dry or dryish hit. Also with a mouth to lung hit on high wattage many people prefire the coil and will have wicking issues due to it... Another issue that could potentially be happening is inhaling off of higher wattage for the first time many people say it feels like their throat is closing or they are drowning, reason behind this is the density of the vapor is much higher. Another thing that could be causing this is the flavor you are using, certain flavors hit your throat a lot harder than other flavors... A good example of this are fireball type vapes... They have extremely harsh hit to them when used at high power.

All of this being said doesn't mean you are vaping wrong, that is part of what is great about modern vaping, there is something for everyone. I was only trying to explain some things that could be causing the harshness =)

VU Sponsors