Become a Patron!

SUB OHM RDTA?improve chimney/base?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you guys wanna see improve in RTA'S?
BIGBOYVAPER

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to see the airflow and the fill method both on the top. I'd like a cyclops hole for both of these. That way they will be more leak resistant and easier to fill. You'd also be able to close them both off and simply swap tank to get different flavors throughout the day.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to see the airflow and the fill method both on the top. I'd like a cyclops hole for both of these. That way they will be more leak resistant and easier to fill. You'd also be able to close them both off and simply swap tank to get different flavors throughout the day.
On an rdta?
If afc was on the top then you would need capacity leaching channels to bring airflow to the coil(s).
top filling also introduces leaking from the pressure change.
the kayfun top fill cap and lemo 2 are proof of this.

The biggest improvement I'd like to see in any rta would be build/quality consistency.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, on an RTA. Theoretically the minimized capacity due to capacity leaching air channels would be offset by the improved and simplistic fill method. I'm no engineer, just a consumer sick of dripping and leaky tanks. Also, if you're able to shut off the juice flow, pressure changes are not an issue. (Goliath)

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm....now you got me thinking..
510 base/deck/head,dual chimney (one flows up,the other down to the coil) with a kanger sub esque afc on top.
one could mill an afc so that max air would be full clockwise while filling would be full counter clockwise.
the trick would be sealing all of the ports on the afc so fill would be sealed when air is flowing and vice versa.
if the head/deck is isolated and airflow blocked then there shouldn't be much of a pressure change.
there might be a little gurgle and spit back after filling but there wouldnt be anywhere for it to leak from.

VU Sponsors