Become a Patron!

Sub ohm ejucie questions

johnnyknoxsvill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guy new here to the site and a newb to vaping. Me and the wife quit smoking over 2 weeks ago, its been great.

First question, I started with an istick and mini nautilus, while flavors were good to great I noticed when I switched to sub ohming using an Atlantis tank a lot of the juices tasted like crap and money down the drain. I have found that the only flavor/juice I vape is Unicorns Milk by Cuttwood. I have not been able to find other juices that taste good in the tanks I use (Kanger mini and Nano).

Second question, what should I be looking for in juices or flavors when sub ohming? A lot of juices that I tried came off as very harsh or just a disgusting taste. Any companies I should try or avoid?

Third question which is a little off topic, When I started sub ohming I have noticed that my throat seems to bother me, almost like there is something in it, always trying to clear it and a little tightness. Its happening in the morning and throughout the day until I get home or just before.

I really like to sub ohm, I have an istick 30w and vape at 23-25w so I know its not too hot. I can't go back to the mini nautilus as it feels like I'm trying to suck a golf ball through a hose just to get a good vape. Thanks for any suggestions or advice you can give!

James

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Flavors, I doubt anyone will be able to help with. It is VERY subjective (taste).

The throat issue is likely one of two things.
1 You have a mild allergy to PG or VG.
2 Your throat is dry. Vaping dehydrates you. Drink more water.

A 2puffs drip tip (with the air hole in the side) can make those restrictive airflow tanks, more useable.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Atlantis gives a harder throat hit then the Nautilus with the same juice. The lower ohm coil used with more watts is more efficient at delivering the nicotine. Might be why most of your liquids taste like crap in the Atlantis. Could try a lower nic juice to see if that helps.

johnnyknoxsvill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I noticed the Atlantis is a bit much (tasted good with unicorns milk) but anything else was crap. Currently I'm using the Kanger Mini and Nano tanks @ 0.6Ω/3.8v using a wattage of 24.5. I want to try new juices but I'm afraid they will taste like crap and be out more money plus the hassle of cleaning out the tanks. I've also noticed that I want to avoid any juice with alcohol in it as that produced a very nasty chemical taste at least with the Atlantis tank

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guy new here to the site and a newb to vaping. Me and the wife quit smoking over 2 weeks ago, its been great.

First question, I started with an istick and mini nautilus, while flavors were good to great I noticed when I switched to sub ohming using an Atlantis tank a lot of the juices tasted like crap and money down the drain. I have found that the only flavor/juice I vape is Unicorns Milk by Cuttwood. I have not been able to find other juices that taste good in the tanks I use (Kanger mini and Nano).

Second question, what should I be looking for in juices or flavors when sub ohming? A lot of juices that I tried came off as very harsh or just a disgusting taste. Any companies I should try or avoid?

Third question which is a little off topic, When I started sub ohming I have noticed that my throat seems to bother me, almost like there is something in it, always trying to clear it and a little tightness. Its happening in the morning and throughout the day until I get home or just before.

I really like to sub ohm, I have an istick 30w and vape at 23-25w so I know its not too hot. I can't go back to the mini nautilus as it feels like I'm trying to suck a golf ball through a hose just to get a good vape. Thanks for any suggestions or advice you can give!

James
What nic level? I cant subohm anything above 3mg or my throat is always irritated.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Are the juices you say come off as tasting bad in the Atlantis ones you've tried in the nautilus and enjoyed? Or is your only experience with them in the Atlantis?

There are going to be a ton of flavors you won't taste properly or possibly at all until your taste buds have recovered a bit more from smoking.

D.

johnnyknoxsvill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was using a 12mg in the nautilus mini but have switched down to a 3 for sub ohming. I figured my taste buds will take some time to come back to get the full flavors. I tried a few juices in the mini that tasted pretty good then switched over to the tank and tasted pretty nasty. I think for now I have to stick with full flavored/bodied juices with a min 60%vg

NCHornet

Member For 4 Years
I have the opposite, all of the juices I have tried in the Atlantis powered by a new XPRO M65, and they all seem to taste even better than they did in my Nautilus, PT2, and ICLEAR 30S. I am using the Atlantis with .5 ohm coil heads and my sweet spot seems to be 32 watts. As the other member mentioned, taste is something that varies person to person.

johnnyknoxsvill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been drinking a ton of water lately and I'm still getting that "lump in my throat feeling" It's really off putting to me vaping, almost like whats the point if it makes me feel like this. I'm going to switch back to my Nautilus mini and see if that helps at all. It's not like I'm vaping crappy juice, all the stuff I vape is min 70vg/30pg and well known brands. Its just really frustrating at this point :(

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I loved Vanilla Dream from HHV. However, it's not tasting well in my sub ohm builds. I can vape it only in my Kanger ProTank V2, the juice doesn't like dual coils either. It had a toasted/burnt flavor, rather than the sweet vanilla.
All the juices I've tried so far, from fusion vapers work well in a sub ohm build. Mainly fruit flavors.

The throat issue could also be caused by those juices, that taste funny on your sub ohm builds.

Married 2 The 7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi! I also have a Atlantis and switched from Naut. You have to remember you are Sub-Ohm now. The flavor is not gonna be there with the Atlantis like it was with the Naut. You will see more vape but flavor WILL diminish. Also your throat being sore is prob from either you now Sub-Ohming itself since you are pushing more power now with your tank and the nic lvl being intensified. When subing all nic lvls will be stronger. I went from 12 nic to 3 nic when I switched to my Atlantis. Your story looks A LOT like mine when I was switching. You will hate a lot of flavors you used to like. And like you my fav juice is also Unicorn Milk which I still vape now. Just drink plenty of water, might have to cut down on your nic lvls and you should be fine. The throat thing comes and goes like I said when sub-ohm. Your story sounds a lot like mine about 1 month ago lol. Try using 70-30 juices as well with your Atlantis!!

Hey all i just wanted to add a little input i used to vape on the vamo v-2 with the nautilus tank and now have switched to the cloupor with the atlantis tank and it like night and day when you are talking about vaping. As far as the flavor of juicing goes you probably wanna stay at 3 mg or lower for the nicotine level also you might want to get a way higher vg blend if your into the cloud blowing. I currently love the #not a clone juice-fantasy kinda pricey but way worth it as a every once in awhile premium juice. You can also drop down your wattage to around 20 and switch the air flow on the tank if your more into flavor instead of clouds. Hope that adds any help

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You can get used to the airflow in the Nautilus again pretty quickly. As mentioned, the 2puffs flow drip tips can also be used to adjust the draw for you, but in that style tank that could lead to dry hits too.

Personal taste in juices and devices is very subjective. However, it sounds to me like you had something that was working for you, so my advice would be to go back to that. The draw will feel odd for a day or so, but once you're used to it again you will have the vape you were enjoying before you got the new device.

VU Sponsors