Become a Patron!

Stupid question Re: "Blocked" message

IDJoel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi all!
I am sorry if this sounds stupid. I am new to V/U and I was replying to another post and received a "you are Blocked" message. I did a bit of research on here and this is what I came up with:
  • I am using FireFox
  • I only had one V/U tab open
  • I was replying to another new member's original post
  • I do have AdBlock Plus active
  • I am not running through any IP redirect
  • I did have several other non-related tabs open (they were vape retailer websites though)
  • I can post the text of the "Block" message and the message I was typing at the time (I am afraid I did not save a screen shot of the message).
I am brand new to V/U, and I value what this community can offer me, and I don't want to start off on the wrong foot. I don't know what I did wrong. Can anyone help?

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just guessing here - maybe it was a permissions issue? Your user account has permissions set for every sub-forum and maybe your account doesn't have the proper permissions for posting to that sub-forum (which may or may not be in error)? Which sub-forum was it and have you been able to post to any other threads in that particular sub-forum?

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He has posted in other threads. I didn't see any that would be blocked for replies though I don't think. It might just be a glitch. Perhaps @Whiskey or @Huckleberried or one of the other mods could help in determining the issue. I wish I could have been more help. Hope you get your issue resolved. What thread were you attempting to post in?

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's really just one of those random things. Sometimes even a phrase will set it off. I've seen the message myself from time to time. You didn't do anything wrong, no worries.

Try clearing your cookies and cache. Sometimes that takes care of it.

And, like everyone else wondered... where were you posting?

IDJoel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was posting here... in the member introductions. I didn't think I was stepping outside my current permissions. I understand that as a new V/U member I have limited access. I didn't think I was going beyond that.
I failed to take a screen shot but I did save the text (of both the "block" message and what I was attempting to post):

"CloudFlare Ray ID: 2be6c75e5a471baf • Your IP: 160.3.193.223 •

Hello and welcome TiltedVape!
You were kind enough to stop by my introduction so I wanted to return the kindness. ;)
I am afraid I'm not much help on your hardware shopping question as I have not used either of the regulated mods or tanks. I have used/still use other products by three of the four vendors though.
I do have a istick tc100 by eleaf that is part of my current rotation. I will say that it is decent for casual use. Pretty straight forward, comfortable in the hand, and the batteries last me all day even with chain vaping. I have had a couple of minor issues with it but I'm not sure how much was due to operator error so I wouldn't deduct any points for that. I haven't heard much about the Pico, but a quick search of the larger on-line retailers, and their reviews seem really strong for the mod. You might do a search here on V/U for "eleaf Pico review" and see what the community thinks.
I know the VTC has been a popular model and has LOTS of positive reviews of a long period of time so I would say it is worthy to be a contender on your short list."

After the "block" message I deleted the last two paragraphs and it posted fine. (I didn't try posting it in whole.) I was able to log out and log right back in again and didn't see the message again. Likewise I have logged back in a couple more times without any other issues/messages. I don't want to abuse the forum. I just don't know what I did wrong.

I am sorry if I did something I was not supposed to. I did not mean to violate forum policies. :(

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was posting here... in the member introductions. I didn't think I was stepping outside my current permissions. I understand that as a new V/U member I have limited access. I didn't think I was going beyond that.
I failed to take a screen shot but I did save the text (of both the "block" message and what I was attempting to post):

You were kind enough to stop by my introduction so I wanted to return the kindness. ;)
I am afraid I'm not much help on your hardware shopping question as I have not used either of the regulated mods or tanks. I have used/still use other products by three of the four vendors though.
I do have a istick tc100 by eleaf that is part of my current rotation. I will say that it is decent for casual use. Pretty straight forward, comfortable in the hand, and the batteries last me all day even with chain vaping. I have had a couple of minor issues with it but I'm not sure how much was due to operator error so I wouldn't deduct any points for that. I haven't heard much about the Pico, but a quick search of the larger on-line retailers, and their reviews seem really strong for the mod. You might do a search here on V/U for "eleaf Pico review" and see what the community thinks.
I know the VTC has been a popular model and has LOTS of positive reviews of a long period of time so I would say it is worthy to be a contender on your short list."

After the "block" message I deleted the last two paragraphs and it posted fine. (I didn't try posting it in whole.) I was able to log out and log right back in again and didn't see the message again. Likewise I have logged back in a couple more times without any other issues/messages. I don't want to abuse the forum. I just don't know what I did wrong.

I am sorry if I did something I was not supposed to. I did not mean to violate forum policies. :(
No policies were violated. I believe as @Huckleberried said it was just the glitch that created the problem. And don't worry, this is a great place for friends and a TON of information. I have met many great people here that I call friend, though it is more family than just friend. Just enjoy yourself, surf the subforums here and meet people. I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do. A good laid back hang out spot is Whiskey's Corner. Good people there, you can tell them that I told you about it if you like or not, up to you. If you ever need anything you can message me if you like, I'll help where I can. Welcome to the VU family my friend and I hope to see you in the Corner.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You did nothing wrong , it happens from time to time and all has to do with cloudflare, it's even happened to me and bumped me off the forum, cloudflare glitch, don't worry about it, usually clears itself up

IDJoel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You did nothing wrong , it happens from time to time and all has to do with cloudflare, it's even happened to me and bumped me off the forum, cloudflare glitch, don't worry about it, usually clears itself up
Thank you Whiskey,
I just don't want to do anything that will get me expelled or banished.
I understand (or don't understand :teehee: ) that systems have a mind of their own; and I am cool with that. I just don't want to be "that guy" that is new to the community and can't follow the rules.
Thank you for the hand-holding... I will try not to be a pest. :oops:

IDJoel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No policies were violated. I believe as @Huckleberried said it was just the glitch that created the problem. And don't worry, this is a great place for friends and a TON of information. I have met many great people here that I call friend, though it is more family than just friend. Just enjoy yourself, surf the subforums here and meet people. I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do. A good laid back hang out spot is Whiskey's Corner. Good people there, you can tell them that I told you about it if you like or not, up to you. If you ever need anything you can message me if you like, I'll help where I can. Welcome to the VU family my friend and I hope to see you in the Corner.

Thank you midnight420,
I just hate looking like a tool! I understand every system has its idiosyncrasies; but I generally pride myself in being able to adapt to them. I don't want to have to beg to be let back on to the forum because I didn't know any better. When I was 20 it was kind of funny. Now that I'm in my 50's it is just down right embarrassing!
I will take you up on your suggestion and search out Whiskey's Corner; I hope to see you there.
Thank you for your kindness, and your patience; you represent the community I hope for well!! :cheers:
Your forum friend,
Joel

PS "I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested." Really? No... really?! (I can't stop laughing!) :giggle: I'm probably gonna have to steal that at some point in the future. Just saying... :D

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I understand that as a new V/U member I have limited access. I didn't think I was going beyond that.
No, you should be able to access all public areas of the forum. We don't have a minimum post count, either. Glad you got back to posting, though. :bliss:

VU Sponsors