Become a Patron!

Stupid move of the day. Can you top it?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was vaping on my mech mod and the battery is getting low and it is time for bed. So I take one last pull and since I'm new to mechs and very concerned with safety I remove the battery when I'm not using this mod. To remove the battery you must remove the RDA as this is a top load. I pull the top of the RDA to get a better grip and then feel and smell burning flesh. I'd not thought about the fact that I'd just vaped on the damn thing. Looks like I'll either cleaning or replacing the coil tomorrow. I wonder vaping burned flesh tastes like?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yikes! :confused: Nope, can't top that.

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have made the same mistake of touching a previously heated coil against myself whilst looking for the screwdriver to sort it out. Pain will help remind you to be careful next time though

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was vaping on my mech mod and the battery is getting low and it is time for bed. So I take one last pull and since I'm new to mechs and very concerned with safety I remove the battery when I'm not using this mod. To remove the battery you must remove the RDA as this is a top load. I pull the top of the RDA to get a better grip and then feel and smell burning flesh. I'd not thought about the fact that I'd just vaped on the damn thing. Looks like I'll either cleaning or replacing the coil tomorrow. I wonder vaping burned flesh tastes like?

Don't feel too bad ... been there, done that:

ixqrnt.jpg

It doesn't carry the flavor
facepalm.gif

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ouch. Breathing fiiiiire

I did that not long ago: I screwed my Taifun BT onto a GX350, mistakenly set the mod to Ni200 at 350W and pressed the button. The atomizer went *BANG* and I felt a small explosion in my mouth. The back of my tongue felt scorched for 2 days...

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nasty la. I've had slight burns behind my top front teeth from vaping at too high a wattage. Nothing like that though :/

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
I think I can at least match that. In the stupid move department. Recently was making some mods and soldering a wire onto a part. I was holding wire by hand because of weird angle. So anyways succeeded in soldering it and while waiting for it to cool back down. Felt finger burning and without thinking went to lick hot finger and instead licked solder joint. Ouch! and for the rest of the day could not drink coffee or anything hot even effected my vaping. Will definitely try to never do that again.:facepalm:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I can at least match that. In the stupid move department. Recently was making some mods and soldering a wire onto a part. I was holding wire by hand because of weird angle. So anyways succeeded in soldering it and while waiting for it to cool back down. Felt finger burning and without thinking went to lick hot finger and instead licked solder joint. Ouch! and for the rest of the day could not drink coffee or anything hot even effected my vaping. Will definitely try to never do that again.:facepalm:

LOL You win! :xD:

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Not nearly on par with everyone else here, but I swapped batteries in my DNA mod this morning. I normally run a 1.3 Turnigy, but tried my 2200 MaxAmps this morning. I was happy when it fit in the mod. got to my car and found that I hadnt plugged it in. No worries Illl just plug it in when I get to work. Well I just went to plug it in and remembered why i never run that batt on my DNA's... Most of my DNA's have XT30 plugs. I normally run my MaxAmps in my NLPWM, which has XT60 plugs... So thats not gonna work. Go to pull out my spare mod from my bag and find the glass on my Merlin is cracked. Seems simple to just swap the attys right? The build in my Boreas that was on my DNA with no battery is WAY to low to safely run on my spare mod, which is a PWM and has 20 amp batteries in it....

This sucks. If I can find a soldering Iron here I may just solder the batt directly to the DNA board, or I may just not vape today and be really cranky..... I need to keep a little cotton and a roll of wire in my bag so I wont have this issue again....

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After buying 3 new mechs, and RDA, three spools of wire, more juice, and a couple of other things in the last 3 days I told the goddess of the checkbook that I wouldn't buy anything other than coils and juice for a few months. That was stupid. I may need a 12 step program especially since I discovered the world of mech mods.

dinocore

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Better than taking a hit off the RDA with the top cap off......:wave:
Done that.. luckily at the time I had a pretty high resistance build in it and it had some ramp up time, I felt it getting warm before It burnt the hell out of me, this was in my drinking and drugging days though.. haven't done that in a while xD

VU Sponsors