Become a Patron!

Study finds e-cig users have better odds at quitting smoking

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
People are beginning to see the light. Slow but surely.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
“One caveat to this study is that it is difficult to tell if smokers who quit used e-cigs to quit or if they used e-cigs to prevent relapse after using other methods to quit."

Why don't they ask people? I would think that self-reporting would be as reliable in this as any other metric they could come up with.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
“One caveat to this study is that it is difficult to tell if smokers who quit used e-cigs to quit or if they used e-cigs to prevent relapse after using other methods to quit."

Why don't they ask people? I would think that self-reporting would be as reliable in this as any other metric they could come up with.

Shouldn't be too hard to add a few extra questions to the questionnaire.

Plus, Who gives a shit?

So some may have started off with the patch then found vaping
Some may have used BOTH at the same time.

The end result is of the most importance = They quit smoking.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So some may have started off with the patch then found vaping
Some may have used BOTH at the same time.

The end result is of the most importance = They quit smoking.
And some had no intention to quit. We were just curious, or hoping to cut back on smoking. Then we found ourselves having cut back to zero without actually having "quit". We simply didn't need the traditional cigs anymore.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And some had no intention to quit. We were just curious, or hoping to cut back on smoking. Then we found ourselves having cut back to zero without actually having "quit". We simply didn't need the traditional cigs anymore.

Or just wanted to stay indoors when the weather was unpleasant, and found vaping such an amazing substitute, we decided to go ahead and quit!

And @5150sick has the right idea -- whether vaping is used to quit, or to *stay quit*... WHAT FUCKING DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?!?!?! The biggest problem with EVERY other method of quitting is that quitting is relatively easy... STAYING quit is the hard if not damn near impossible part. My doctor has stated that he doesn't know too much about vaping, except that his patients who've quit via vaping are STAYING quit better than any other quitters he's ever seen. Which makes vaping FAR superior to ANY other method.

Andria

VU Sponsors