Become a Patron!

Stubborn Mech SOS

Using the Dreamer v1.5 with drop dead rda. Build is .18 ohm on a single Samsung 20S 18650.

I'm having an issue with firing. I've cleaned, polished, checked all the contacts, changed the springs, tried different batteries, tried the atty with the battery on another mod. I just can't get it to fire. When it was time for new batteries I ordered Molicel P42A 21700 but when I got my set up all together it just didn't seem like it wanted to fire, so I tried the other one of the pair and same thing. Tried tinkering with it for a few weeks but still same result. Then go and reorder the Samsung 20S 18650 again because that's what I always used, so after all the troubleshooting with the bigger cells I figured I'd run it back to smaller cells. That didn't do the trick. If I half press the button on a specific spot of the button it fires but once fully pushed it stops. I am experienced as ive been doing this a handful of years now. Any insight is appreciated.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
tried the atty with the battery on another mod. I just can't get it to fire.

The atomizer itself is not firing? Did it fire on another mod?

The only thing I can think would be a connection issue with the 510 pin. Either the mod/s are not up enough with their 510s or the atty isn't low enough with its pin. That is if it fires on another mod fine.

Barring that, it only reads like a case of Murphy being Murphy. "If it'll go wrong, it will. There is no fixing it because it is going to be wrong regardless." A.K.A "Sometimes Sh!t Happens."

I've faced that at times with mods & atties. Set them back out of rotation for a month, more, and suddenly they work fine. There's no explaining the cosmos, it's an absurd joke told to even more absurd sentient beings.

Not belittling your trouble so much as joining you in the boat of confusion.

The atomizer itself is not firing? Did it fire on another mod?

The only thing I can think would be a connection issue with the 510 pin. Either the mod/s are not up enough with their 510s or the atty isn't low enough with its pin. That is if it fires on another mod fine.

Barring that, it only reads like a case of Murphy being Murphy. "If it'll go wrong, it will. There is no fixing it because it is going to be wrong regardless." A.K.A "Sometimes Sh!t Happens."

I've faced that at times with mods & atties. Set them back out of rotation for a month, more, and suddenly they work fine. There's no explaining the cosmos, it's an absurd joke told to even more absurd sentient beings.

Not belittling your trouble so much as joining you in the boat of confusion.
Yeah I just decided to use my asmodus for a change while I waited to see what answers I get. Probably gonna just use this for a while and try using the Dreamer again

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not familiar with that mod or contact, but especially with the "will fire half pushed, but not fully", sounds like maybe when fully pushed you are hitting too much of the battery wrap and losing contact. I have some mods like that. An easy fix or at least try is to take a razor blade and cut the wrap all the way to the edge of the battery on the negative. I have quite a few mods that are picky on wraps, and all of them will fire this
16872602014054922411626277860802.jpg16872602585974054048615630779722.jpg

I'm not familiar with that mod or contact, but especially with the "will fire half pushed, but not fully", sounds like maybe when fully pushed you are hitting too much of the battery wrap and losing contact. I have some mods like that. An easy fix or at least try is to take a razor blade and cut the wrap all the way to the edge of the battery on the negative. I have quite a few mods that are picky on wraps, and all of them will fire this
View attachment 205630View attachment 205631
So for the Dreamer button the positive side of the battery touches the button since that's where the venting holes are. Unfortunately for me that wouldn't work. The negative side touches the 510. Plus the 21700s I used have plenty of space for the contacts to meet. I wish that was my problem believe me lol

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So for the Dreamer button the positive side of the battery touches the button since that's where the venting holes are. Unfortunately for me that wouldn't work. The negative side touches the 510. Plus the 21700s I used have plenty of space for the contacts to meet. I wish that was my problem believe me lol
Flip the battery. Worth a shot, just to see.

VU Sponsors