Become a Patron!

Struggling with DIY - flavours too muted

Hey guys,

Disclaimer: This isn't an advertisement. I'm just sticking to full disclosure.

We're a nic manufacturer in India, and we're trying to help boost the (minuscule) vaping scene in India by giving out e-liquids & juices to all comers.
I've been making a whole bunch of DIY's of my own for the past few months, but I just can't seem to make them click.
I've been adding CAP flavours in different blends at between 10-12%, but the primary complaint is that there is just no taste, even though they smell amazing. A typical flavour that I've made has Lemon(1.8%), French Vanilla(1.2%) and Pie Crust(9%)
I've been steeping the flavours in warm baths for about 20-30 minutes and then leaving them be for a few weeks before testing but no cigar!
Any help would be highly welcome!

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Make a small batch without the nic, and taste that. If the overall taste is still muted. Lower the flavoring percentages. If it tastes great. The nic is not pure enough.

jjdell

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sheesh, at those low % levels no wonder they're tasteless! The pie crust, yeah, but the others!?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
brand like CAP and TFA need 5-15% of a flavor normally there are exceptions
Brands like FA use 1-3% usually with exceptions both lower and higher
You should search our DIY section for recipes to get an idea of what other people use percentage wise for the particular brand and flavor

Also do single flavors first to figure out you percenatge

so make some samples of say french vanilla
make a tester at 5%, 10% 15%

then have people taste the same flavor at different percentages to see how which one works.
THEN MAKE NOTE of where that flavor tastes good to people
Granted when you mix it with other flavors you may need to raise or lower the single flavor percentage by 1% or so to allow it to be tasted along side other flavors

But look for recipes for % ideas
and then start testing single flavors at different percentages

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use stronger flavors like Lemons and coffee and cheesecakes they with pop once you add 1 percent sucralose in any recipe. If I do not add sweetner Its just bitter,

VU Sponsors