Become a Patron!

Struggling to find some good sweet fruit mix recipes

Cudge82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If anyone could assist me in making some recipes that would be great. I've had some that have been OK but never really hit the spot.
The flavours I have are

Flavour art
Bilberry, cherry, black cherry, pomegranate, raspberry, lemon Sicily, stark apple, pear drops, meringue, candy floss, marshmallow and a bottle of vape wizard,

Totally wicked(100% failure so far. Always chemically tasting)
BlackBerry, gooseberry, Forrest fruit, BlackBerry and cherry cola

Any direction would be appreciated.

Cudge82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If anyone could assist me in making some recipes that would be great. I've had some that have been OK but never really hit the spot.
The flavours I have are

Flavour art
Bilberry, cherry, black cherry, pomegranate, raspberry, lemon Sicily, stark apple, pear drops, meringue, candy floss, marshmallow and a bottle of vape wizard,

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
HIC is one of the FA Wizards around these parts.
My first guess with Flavour Art is you might be using too much flavoring. We need more info from you, like the recipe you were following would help narrow down the problem.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Take your time to cruise through the DIY Recipes section. There are so many great mixes posted there, using a lot of the flavorings you have. Good luck and welcome to VU :)

Cudge82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
HIC is one of the FA Wizards around these parts.
My first guess with Flavour Art is you might be using too much flavoring. We need more info from you, like the recipe you were following would help narrow down the problem.

Ive tried 5% cherry 5% lemon Sicily and i thought it was quite a subtle taste but then realised after a few other mixes that if the cherry is dominating its like vaping water weirdly.

4% lemon Sicily
2% cherry
2% stark apple
2% pomegranate
This was quite nice. Fruity sherbert taste but was missing something. Sweetness maybe?

5% candyfloss
3% cherry
2% pear drops
This just tasted like candyfloss to me.

5% pomegranate
4% cherry
1% candyfloss
Pomegranate dominated.

7% lemon Sicily
3% cherry
3% apple
3% pomegranate
Tasted ok but all lemon again

8% pomegranate
6% lemon
Pomegranate with a lemon kick. Not for me

I tried a 14% cherry which is when i realised to much tastes like nothing to me. As i said above. Like water.

What i crave is to get a nice fruit blast, sweet, sour, mouth watering. Ive bought a few but I've never been able to copy it.

In the shop i used to buy from they had black raspberry which was better than any other single berry flavour by miles. Berry blast was amazing but it didnt give much away as to what was in it.
They also had blueberry sour and very berry which were amazing.

I tried mixing totally wicked from 10-20% and they all tasted chemically to me. Ive let them steep every way possible. Lids on, off, hot water, dark cool cupoard etc.

And i only just received half the flavours on the flavourart list today hence no recipes with them.

Hope that helps
Cheers

Cudge82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
cut all your flavors in half

try this mix
2-3%stark apple
1% pear

nothing fancy but should be a decent apple vape with a touch of pear

sorta like a quince

Thanks a lot. Couple of questions though..

Will the flavours that overpower now not still overpower when halved?

Will adding meringue, candyfloss or marshmallow add much sweetness or overpower the berry taste?

Had any experience with vape wizard or bitxtra enhancer?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Meringue is really sweet, so I'd use it at 0.5%, seriously. If that's not enough, try 1%
Candyfloss, I'm assuming is the same as EM or cotton candy flavoring. Keep that one low, too. It can kill your flavors when used too high.
Marshmallow will also add to sweetness. I'd try it at about the same as Meringue. You can always add more if it's not sweet enough.

Try them after you mix, then give them some time to meld before adding more.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
tried vape wizard once
its someone in teh draewr
didnt seem to do anything for me or the mix at the time

yes if something is overpowering it may still be over powering

most FA recipes are
3-5% for a single flavor

for multiple flavor recipes its
2-3% for the main flavor
1-2% for the secondary flavors
.5 -1% for all teh other things like the creams,sweetners etc

BUt every flavor can be different
for example if you want mango whatever
1% fa mango i slike teh most you ever use ITS STRONG

but apple i use 2-3% in all recipes

yes marshmallow can add sweetness

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
lemon Sicily
This is the only FA flavor I have in common with you.
It is my understanding of most FA flavors are best at 1-2%, some of the stronger ones, as little as .25% It is always best to start at 1% and add a tiny bit more to get the flavor you want, rather then try to undo flavors that are too strong.

I love Lemon Sicily in most bakery style mixes. As a brightener, maybe a different brand lemon might work better. DIY is more art then science when it comes to each person's taste buds.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got this tip from a girl on here for new flavors. To put a couple drops 4-5 in an oz of water and give it a sip to check the flavor profile/strength. Its sounds crazy but helps alot and like everyone else said id keep FA flavs down to a total of 6%-8% to start off. Also idk if this was said but when i first started i did single mixes to start than would mix those after they were a-ok.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tried vape wizard once
its someone in teh draewr
didnt seem to do anything for me or the mix at the time

Have only used Vape Wizard once in a Waffles with strawberries with whip cream recipe were all I could taste was waffles. Wound up using about 1 or 2 drops per 10ml of vape wizard and after a day of steeping the strawberries and whip cream came out from hiding.

If your a careful mixer I am not sure vape wizard is necessary but it can save a recipe, that waffle mix went from nearly in the sink to pretty tasty.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The flavours I have are

Flavour art

Like others have mentioned your percentages are too high, this is why your getting the chemical taste as well. Even in mixes were I have my percentages low per ingredient but am using a lot of flavors it can be a little chemical tasting at first, it just needs a few days to mellow out.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To put a couple drops 4-5 in an oz of water and give it a sip to check the flavor profile/strength.
This is what I do and I really think this helps.
What I also do is mix it up and try several flavors that I would like to mix together and sample it in this way to try and get the feel for the flavor in that way.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is what I do and I really think this helps.
What I also do is mix it up and try several flavors that I would like to mix together and sample it in this way to try and get the feel for the flavor in that way.
Ya i hear ya but when i mix i do all individual than just mix a ml of this a ml of that in my tank n rip it than i know oh more caramel or w/e but still always more tweaking 2 do need to drip just for this reason

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A'ight I'm just gonna blurt this out.... CREEAAAMMM. Moar creammm!!! :confused: And you're doing too much on the flavors.
Waay 2 much.Plus, IMHO, you're blending strong flavors equally as opposed to using one in a much smaller proportion to support your main flavor.

Look above, you say 8% pomegranate 6% lemon.
We cut that in half and we have 4% Pom & 3% Lemon Scicily. (both dominant flavors) Same with cherry.
But you say you want sweet and sour so lemon is your focus. Add some creeamm! :) Anise is nice here too.
I would do this recipe at 4% Lemon Scicily, 1% cherry, & a lil vanilla cream stuffz.
Here's the best advice you ever had... Go find HICs website and buy a recipe called Italian Lemon Creme Smoothie
It's a simple mix but the chemistry is there... the proportions... the magic of it. This juice is the posterboy for what you want.
Plus, arguably more valuable than the recipe itself, is the tutorial that comes with it. Read that stuff & remember it. It's valuable.
$3 for your new ADV recipe plus all kinds of advice from the creator on how it's okay to customize and how not too.
As far as your existing flavors, start slow.Toss in some Caps Vanilla Bean IceCream with any one of 'em.
Cherry ice cream Start at 3% each. You have enough fruits but they need a supporting cast.
There are certain cream flavors that no sweets vaper should be without.
These are the basics and they will make your juice vapable and probably delicious... in the correct proportions.
TFA Sweet Cream
FA Fresh Cream
TFA or FA Vienna Cream
FA Vanilla Classic
Thank you for sharing this, great information!

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya i hear ya but when i mix i do all individual than just mix a ml of this a ml of that in my tank n rip it than i know oh more caramel or w/e but still always more tweaking 2 do need to drip just for this reason
I have yet to try it this way, I should maybe give it a shot. Thanks!

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shark peach ice cream

Sweet Cream (TFA) 2%
Whipped Cream (FA) 1%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (CAP) 3%
White Peach (FA) 2%
Peach (INW) 2%

This is the best peach cream vape I've ever made. Kinda my foundation...
Made 50 mls... kept 20 as is.
Now tinkered with the other 30. 3 10 ml bottles, each modified as below...

Dragonfruit (CAP).25%
Cactus (INW) 1%
Custard (FA) 1.5%

GL
Thanks for this peach recipe.
I have been having the hardest time getting a decent peach vape recipe.
Hopefully this will set me on the right track.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try 2-3% FA Lemon Silicy to .5-1% FA Raspberry for a raspberry Lemonade.

FA pear is a good way to sweeten fruits.

Unfamiliar with stark Apple, is it the regular or Fuji? What is candy floss???

Cudge82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated and i aill definitely take the advice on board.
How long do you steep liquids for. I made a lemon 4% raspery 2.5% amd meringue 0.5% last night. It only tastes of lemon atm.
Also 5%blueberry and 1%meringue and im not sure what it tastes like yet but it aint blueberry.

A wee bit off topic but, Im really chasing flavour her and was thinking of getting a clapton coil for my subtank mini rba. Anyone used one of these.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I made a lemon 4% raspery 2.5% amd meringue 0.5% last night. It only tastes of lemon atm.
Wow, really? Raspberry blows me away at 0.5%. That just shows how differently we all taste things. I find the lemon sicily to be the milder of the 3 flavors.

I can't help you with the clapton coils questions, but if no one jumps in on that part, you might check out the coils section, too. Lots of builders here in the DIY, too, though.

As far as steeping, I generally give flavors a good shake, then vape. If it's more of a creamy mix, I get benefit from leaving overnight or a couple days. You can also try a quick heat steep with either a thermos of hot tap water or a crock pot set on low (with lid cracked) for a few hours.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated and i aill definitely take the advice on board.
How long do you steep liquids for. I made a lemon 4% raspery 2.5% amd meringue 0.5% last night. It only tastes of lemon atm.
Also 5%blueberry and 1%meringue and im not sure what it tastes like yet but it aint blueberry.

A wee bit off topic but, Im really chasing flavour her and was thinking of getting a clapton coil for my subtank mini rba. Anyone used one of these.
Lol huck beat me to most of your ? but clapton will fit in a subtank but its gota be small 32g around 26g wraped around 2.5mm bit will fit oh and it sounds like your mixes are prob still to strong id put 3ml of your base vg/pg in your tank and a ml of what youve mixed n rip it than if its not strong enuff and another ml

Last edited:

Cudge82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What razz? Try to use the mfg name in recipe ingredients. Flavors vary wildly in both taste and strength.
What blueberry?... I'd forget BB for awhile. Not the most user friendly flavor from ANY mfg. Needs a lotta support.
Plus some BBs just suck out loud. (Lookin' at you Inawera)

OTOH, there's elebenty billionz strawberry cream/custard/ice cream vapes out there that are just spectacular.
Strawberry is a very forgiving flavor.
I mean this in the nicest possible way... get your BASICS down first. Walk, then run..... THEN fly!
Master SINGLE (fruit) flavor cream recipes first. (ie 2 different strawberry flavors, 2 creams/custard. and mebbe a vanilla...)
And my advice is to forget the clapton coils for now. Learn Kanthal first, (26ga 28ga, 24 ga)

Yer' just so excited! :) Patience grasshopper...

Haha thanks for that. Ive actually been building coils for a while.. Ive had home built vertical, dual, twisted and parallel in it, i. Just wondered if the clapton was worth the effort.. I appear to be one of the few people that had a leaky dry hitting subtank mini so ive tried everything possible to nail it, and eventually i got there by using thinner juice and more cotton on the rba... Eventually i have flavour and minimal leakage. I did buy one of the first subox minis out which is where the problems are apparently.. Apparently they changed the occ coils?, ive never used them as the 0.5 and 1.2 verticals that came with it leaked loads from the start so been on the rba since.
I only really get a decent flavour up near 1ohm and above.
Can claptons even go that high? Never seen one haha.
Or alternatively. Any othet ideas?
My girlfriend has a smok trophy v2 and it tastes better than mine with every juice. I spend 60 she spends 20.... She wins haha..
As for the juice. Ive never really been a fan of creamy, custard, dessert flavours.. The only ones I've really really liked were bluberry sour, black raspberry, berry blast... See the theme ha..
I might just mot have tried any good ones though so im open to trying but i dont have certain flavours atm. All i am using atm is my flavourart flavours which are listed near the top..

Thanks for your help

Cudge82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also. Has anyone used bitextra from flavourart? My gf keeps getting a bit of spice on he lips on these most recent juices but the only thing they have all had in common is bitextra and meringue.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Inw raspberry is delicious! Wondering if you should add that as well as some tfa sour/ sweet tart/ to your stash for the sour effect. Imo tfa sweet tart is more sweet than sour.

Also shake your flavors up super good prior to measuring. They tend to separate and perhaps this is one reason you are not tasting them well? Read Hics descriptions in the link I posted Will help you.

Inw raspberry is super concentrated, fyi. FA Bilberry is a more wild and strong blueberry...read Hics descriptions. Pear will sweeten it up. Pear is a harder flavor to taste, but a great sweetener. FA lemon silicy is a sweeter lemon flavor. Lemon- Bilberry is a good combo. Wish I could help more.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Get some Lime Cold Pressed (FA), that will help to add to a touch of sour. You might REALLY enjoy FA (flavourart) Forest Fruit.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The lime Tahiti distilled too! I love the 2 limes mixed together. I know you aren't a cream person, but FA custard is nice and lemony tasting Ann blends fruits together nicely.

Cudge82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks again everyone. Ill get there eventually..
Will the flavour of the meringue settle a bit? Most of the mixes ive made have a strong meringue taste. Even the ones with small amounts.

VU Sponsors