nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I didn't like this juice at first, but I'm not all that into strawberry in the first place. The only reason I put this recipe together was that I was fascinated with the idea of a Pavlova, as described in conversation with an Ozzy friend of mine. I'd never heard of the dessert before and wasn't ABOUT to try to bake one.

After this juice steeped for a couple of months, I just thought I'd give it another shot, and it's turned into something quite nice.

Not overly sweet, a sort of dry-ish strawberry flavor, as you'd expect combined with meringue, with a bit of tartness that I've come to really like. The strawberry isn't overpowering or insanely sweet.

Good for those of us who still have some of the One Drop Flavors hanging around and haven't found recipes to put them to good use.

Strawberry Pavlova

Meringue (TPA) 2.5%
Orange Mandarin (TPA) 1%
Reindeer Poop FW in 50/50 1% (this is Reindeer Poop at 8% in 50/50 base, only included here in order to add a tiny touch of AP)
Strawberry (One Drop Flavors) 2.5%
Strawberry (TPA) 2%
Vanilla (One Drop Flavors) 2%

Total flavors 11%

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn't like this juice at first, but I'm not all that into strawberry in the first place. The only reason I put this recipe together was that I was fascinated with the idea of a Pavlova, as described in conversation with an Ozzy friend of mine. I'd never heard of the dessert before and wasn't ABOUT to try to bake one.

After this juice steeped for a couple of months, I just thought I'd give it another shot, and it's turned into something quite nice.

Not overly sweet, a sort of dry-ish strawberry flavor, as you'd expect combined with meringue, with a bit of tartness that I've come to really like. The strawberry isn't overpowering or insanely sweet.

Good for those of us who still have some of the One Drop Flavors hanging around and haven't found recipes to put them to good use.

Strawberry Pavlova

Meringue (TPA) 2.5%
Orange Mandarin (TPA) 1%
Reindeer Poop FW in 50/50 1% (this is Reindeer Poop at 8% in 50/50 base, only included here in order to add a tiny touch of AP)
Strawberry (TPA) 2%

Total flavors 11%
I love pavlova! I have been toying with a juice recipe for ages. It is crunchy meringue but soft marshmallow centre. Covered in whipped cream, and fruit. Often strawberries, kiwi fruit, berries, passionfruit and sometimes banana. The New Zealanders have been trying to claim the Aussie pav as theirs for centuries lol.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Strawberry Pavlova

Meringue (TPA) 2.5%
Orange Mandarin (TPA) 1%
Strawberry (TPA) 2%

Total flavors 11%
Welp. I never did jump on the One Drop thing. So I’ll have to do some subbing.

Any insight into the strawberry and vanilla? I think I can figure it out, but thought I’d ask......:)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Welp. I never did jump on the One Drop thing. So I’ll have to do some subbing.

Any insight into the strawberry and vanilla? I think I can figure it out, but thought I’d ask......:)

No clue about strawberry, but I'd use vanillin as a sub for the vanilla, with maybe 2 drops of brown sugar per 10ml. Would drop the percent of vanillin to about 1.5%.

The two strawberries in my recipe are the only ones I've tried.

Hope it works out for you!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No clue about strawberry, but I'd use vanillin as a sub for the vanilla, with maybe 2 drops of brown sugar per 10ml. Would drop the percent of vanillin to about 1.5%.

The two strawberries in my recipe are the only ones I've tried.

Hope it works out for you!
Gotcha. I think I know what I’m gonna use. Thanks!

VU Sponsors