Story

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members!' started by MaTT-123, Dec 4, 2018.

  1. MaTT-123

    MaTT-123 New Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2018
    Messages:
    6
    Hey guys, tell me your stories about how u started vaping :)
     
  2. Huckleberried

    Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2014
    Messages:
    27,975
    My boyfriend ordered a kit that had 2 in it. Back them, they were ego pens with crappy clearomizers on them. I tried it out, but kept smoking because it wasn't suiting my needs at 18mg. For about a week, I used 24mg, but that was a bit too strong for me. It took me about 3 or 4 weeks to completely put cigarettes down, but that crappy ego pen with a clearomizer did do the trick. That was a bit over 5 years ago.

    Eventually, I got tired of having so many issues with everything I was trying, and really not finding any juice that I was crazy about, so I went to Google. That's how I landed in forums. At that time, Vaping Underground wasn't available, just yet. I hung out in a different place for about 6 months, then heard about THIS forum and happily moved. SO much awesomeness here :D You found a great forum to be a part of!

    These days, I like regulated box mods with RTAs and I mix my own juice.
     
  3. MrMeowgi

    MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2015
    Messages:
    12,300
    My ex wife's sister in law owned a shop. First one in town. I thought it was all hype. Then at a friend's house one day I tried his bro in laws ego pen style. I think a vision spinner 2 to be exact. Got my own pen and one for my wife. We Vaped like no tomorrow. Then my wife quit vaping. She kept smoking and I stayed a dual user for about 2 years. My first real mod was an istick50. Someone on Facebook sent me an rda to try after using an Atlantis tank for a while. That was all it took. Got some wire and I was off to the races. Smoke free for 3 years now. My wife is coming around some. Glad I finally made the switch.
     
  4. gopher_byrd

    gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2014
    Messages:
    2,143
    Welcome to VU!:cheers:

    I started with the Blu cigalike. They didn't do the trick, but got me to thinking vaping may be the answer. I ordered a Halo Triton which is like a eGo with T3S clearomiser. Those are what got me off the smokes. Then I got shinyitis and now my wife accuses me of having a vape shop in my home office... :giggle: I'm a 95% mech squonker with the other 5% being tube mechs. I make my own coils and DIY ejuice, so other than something shiny catching my eye vaping has gotten much cheaper.
     
    JuicyLucy likes this.
  5. Buddha222

    Buddha222 Chainvaping through the fog .... VU Donator Silver Contributor

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2018
    Messages:
    525
    Welcome to VU!

    My wife and I tried it to quit smoking in 2010, but we couldn't really get into cigalikes.
    Tried again in 2016 with sub-ohm tanks and have stuck with it.

    For me it was a beak from 35 years smoking.
    Now I love the vape!
     
    Huckleberried likes this.
  6. VapinMoody

    VapinMoody Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2015
    Messages:
    74
    I had walking pneumonia 5-years ago and couldn't take a 1/4 puff on a cig...went to a ma and pa shop and got a cig a lite device with 18mg juice....used that for 2-months and upgrade to a Provari mod and a Kayfun lite and started making my own ejuiceā€¦.haven't had a cig since and I can breath and still make and use my own juice except a few store bought juices here and there at times...yoo whoo...
     
    gopher_byrd likes this.

Share This Page

Close This Message