Become a Patron!

Still getting a throathit when adding high quality nic

QuestForVapology

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I have a blend, 30/70 pg vg, deliciously smooth without nicotine, no throat hit. And when I add even 3mg, I can't drip it. It's passable in a tank, but it still feels hot/throaty. I've been storing my nic correctly in the freezer, and have tried Vaportek, and Nude Nicotine's Nude Armor v2.0 (so no oxidation is happening).

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I have a blend, 30/70 pg vg, deliciously smooth without nicotine, no throat hit. And when I add even 3mg, I can't drip it. It's passable in a tank, but it still feels hot/throaty. I've been storing my nic correctly in the freezer, and have tried Vaportek, and Nude Nicotine's Nude Armor v2.0 (so no oxidation is happening).

1) can you increase the VG without ill effect?

2) can you decrease the 3mg without ill effect?

Because TH is mostly from the nic, but the Pg accentuates it; if you want it to just go away, you'll probably need to decrease both a little. Some people are just more sensitive or less tolerant of it.

Andria

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to make mine at least 80% VG to get the smoothness I like - I use Vaperstek nic, but I do find PG very harsh!

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, you may have to play around with the of/vg ratio.

And as a dumb dumb question. Are you mixing, shaking, rolling your nic concentration well enough? You have to be like 99.9% sure your nic concentrate is well mixed prior to adding it your juice. If you are 95% sure you mixed it up well enough it may be the problem. The one time I didn't mix well enough it really screwed up my recpies. Just a hair off from 99.9% being sure gives bad results.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you adding 3mg of nic or adjusting the ratio to 3mg? Are you accounting for the PG or VG of the Nic base in the final VG/PG ratio?

If adjusting the juice doesn't do it you might look at adjusting the build a bit to smooth out the hit. I little cooler at the coil with maybe a little less air flow. Basically the higher the nic the cooler a coil I have to build. If i wanted the same watts and om coil I'd just go down 2-4 gauges on the wire twist it together and duplicate the original build. If Zero nic build was Kanthal might duplicate in nichrome for the Nicotine build.

VU Sponsors