Steve7482 is a Thief

Discussion in 'Hall of Shame' started by jwill, Sep 24, 2019.

1. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Vendor VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team VU SWAT Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    I really wanted this Ruby 24 #006 (badly). Worked out a trade with @Steve7482 and even custom finished an RNV Chronicle in his chosen color for the deal, I wanted it so badly. Not only did he steal my mod, he stole my time and work which makes him trash (IMO).

6 is my favorite number and I always wanted a Ruby 24 in SS, so I was ecstatic about the trade. I finished the mod and mailed it, dude went ghost the day after and has never been heard from again.

I reached out to @Steve7482 multiple times via PM, even wrote a letter and snail-mailed it. Nothing. I am generally pretty nice but I hate people who thieve by preying on the trust of the community. I like to think everyone here is straight up and we sort of depend on that for the things we do. Now I am always going to be second-guessing myself when taking chances on people I havent dealt with and I don't like thinking like that, not here anyway.

Any 44-year-old man who would scam someone out of a sub $100 trade has absolutely no integrity and is a piece of shit. So fuck you @Steve7482. I hope your wife cheats on you with your son and gives you an STD.

For anyone thinking I am being petty because its low value, be reminded that this is not about value. It's about being a man of your word, which @Steve7482 is not. Rant over and I am done being mean now. I am going to follow this dude and if he shows up under a different name be leery of anything going to a dude named Steve R in Valdosta, GA

2. Theboss

Theboss Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Good for you for calling this guy out! I absolutely don't think you're being petty, it's about principle. Not to mention your time put into finishing a mod in his selected color, I've seen and admire your work.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    ajvapes and jwill like this.
  3. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    Possibly in steel bracelets?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    jwill likes this.
  4. 5150sick

5150sick Under Ground Hustler Staff Member VU Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Mod Team Leader Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    upload_2019-9-25_0-4-48.png

Dude might have gotten locked up or something.
    When is the last time you heard from him?

jwill and f1r3b1rd like this.
  5. vuJim

vuJim Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    You can see that in their profile. For the member in question: "Steve7482 was last seen: Sep 4, 2019"

Theboss likes this.
  6. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Phantom Pilot Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor VU Challenge Team Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Check your Skype bro

jwill, 5150sick and Theboss like this.
  7. Countrypami

Countrypami The Link Ninja Staff Member VU Administrator Senior Moderator VU Vendor Employee VU Donator Diamond Contributor VU Live Host Member For 5 Years Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    That sucks, so sorry dude!

jwill likes this.
  8. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    i too share in your outrage and i hope you might be able to recover it some day but you may be right only time will tell.

jwill and 5150sick like this.
  9. 5150sick

5150sick Under Ground Hustler Staff Member VU Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Mod Team Leader Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yea, this sucks big time.

Just about everyone who buys and sells on here would be in the same position as you if this guy was selling what they were looking for.

No scammer that I ever heard of makes an account on a vaping forum in September 2015, then proceeds to make four successful deals over a two year period just so they can show up in September 2019 to beat somebody out of 75 bucks.
    That just doesn't make any sense.

I hope everything works out for you @jwill and I hope nothing bad has happened to the seller.

SpectoVia, jwill and Theboss like this.
  10. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Shit like this really pisses me off too....so much so I'd probably drive fly walk or swim to find his ass, then whip his ass till he's screaming for his mother.

jwill likes this.
  11. Wb80

Wb80 -DIY-demon- VU Donator Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Its not petty at all. A man(or woman) is only as good as there word. Id be hella pissed off too. Karma is a bitch and will always come back round on him.

jwill likes this.
  12. hellcatrydr

hellcatrydr Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    People suck. Get a dog. :kickbutt:

SpectoVia, DonBaldy and jwill like this.
  13. R3alJim Shady

R3alJim Shady Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Aw man, so sorry to hear jwill. You're one of the good ones and definitely don't deserve this. He almost got me with that Ruby as well. What a dick

Sent from the Death Star

jwill likes this.
  14. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    Last name?

jwill likes this.
  15. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    Steve Dipshit?

jwill and Wb80 like this.
  16. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    Yaa that doesnt help in any search engines

Theboss likes this.
  17. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Vendor VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team VU SWAT Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    There is always a risk when dealing with a stranger on the internet but there is a really good circle of trust on VU. Some of the folks here I buy and trade with very regularly and it is nice to know that can exists in this time we live. I really hope the dude got lost on his way home and there comes a day when I have to take all this back, but I would gladly do it.

For me anyways, calling another man a lowlife for real is a bummer and I don't like doing it. I may rage on politicians because they really are trying to screw us all over but most people tend to want to do right by other people and just trade stuff and buy stuff and sell stuff.

Its crazy because I have rolled the dice on some new people that i thought for sure were scamming but I wanted the thing they had bad enough to roll the dice and did it anyway and ended up having a great experience with them. Then we find a fox in the henhouse like this. At least it was >$100 item up and not some super rare mod or something because I would have been blowing airline points to make a housecall.

18. jwill

Blog Posts:
    I have the dudes info, but I dont think the forum rules allow for outing him like that. If anyone ever finds themselves dealing with a Steve R or someone in Valdosta GA and want to confirm, PM me.

Wb80 likes this.
  19. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    Have his name. Bday and adress. With that info you can find out damn near anything you want about him. Gotta love the internet

20. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    :giggle:

21. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    Agreed that prob will break forum regulations. But take the lil bit of time n do it yourself. When my xwife remarried some douchbag it cost me all of .99c to pull his whole backround. I needed to know who was around my children.

jwill likes this.
  22. jwill

Blog Posts:

The dude will get whats coming to him. Maybe not today, or this year or next. But there will come a day when he needs something and he will turn up and people will know him and he will be shamed and turned away.

inspects and Wb80 like this.
  23. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    The whole thing sucks. Sorry it happened to you. Ive lucked out i guess seing as the worst that's come my way is a few people not leaving feedback for me. But you leaving neg feedback for him marks him should he ever show up. If it is some1 i havent dealt with b4 i always check feedback. So if i saw neg from a well respected member such as yourself i would never buy or sell to them. Our word is everything on vu. Like if i say i can send payment at a certain day or time, i damn well make sure it happens. I think we need a permanent wall of shame thread.

Letitia9 and jwill like this.
  24. midknight420

midknight420 VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm so sorry this jerk did this to you bro. I'm very careful, just like you who I deal with. I live paycheck to paycheck like many on here and I have to sacrifice when I buy anything. I haven't bought from you, but know many that have and have spoken with you. You're a good dude and he will get what is coming to him. Karma is a bitch and always pays in spades.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested

jwill likes this.
  25. MarkS

MarkS Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    That really sucks. Sorry man. I've been ethically shanked myself but it wasn't on VU. Thanks for the heads up.

jwill likes this.
  26. jwill

Blog Posts:

Appreciate it man but no one here needs to apologize for this dude. This is a PSA/Rage Rant.

27. BobsHere

BobsHere From Wherever VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I went off the hook on Ebay messages to a dude years ago, think I refunded him too much in error, my mistake. He showed up 3 weeks later and squared up. Said he was in a car wreck and ended up in the hospital.

Hope your guy shows up. We're all used to a bit of a family feel around here. Also hope that stays the same.

MarkS and jwill like this.
  28. DonBaldy

DonBaldy Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    This sucks big time. I'm hoping the so thing just happened to the guy, but if not the I hope he does get what he deserves.

inspects and jwill like this.
  29. Bigrick

Bigrick Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Yeah possibly the dude ran in to some trouble, unexpected incarceration, auto accident, etc. I mean I would not wish that on someone but Karmicly better for him. I know no consolation to you.

You are a good dude. You pif'd to me and even paid shipping. That is very generous and indicates the type of person you are. It is true lousy things happen to good people.

The fact that you custom finished the piece in trade, in my mind increases the retail value x's 10. A jwill custom would be about pricless to me.

Sorry dude you are too nice of a guy to be part of this s*** show. Peace and love to you and yours.
    Rick

inspects and jwill like this.