Become a Patron!

Stentorian Steam Engine by Wotofo - All the hype is true.

MASSIVE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Stentorian Steam Engine by Wotofo - If there is any hype, it's all true. Trying the .25 flat on one and the .7 Clapton on the other. Both are fantastic so far. Insulated tip stays deceivingly cool. Definitely needs to close off for top filling (a drop or two usually escapes out the bottom if you're not careful). 6ml capacity does not suck. Clouds do chuck. Flavor is great. Going to give the Crowns a vacation for awhile I think.

Also found out that it's disturbingly difficult to take a - hand selfie (?) while trying to get some cloud action going at the same time. This was the best out of 7 or 8 shots and it still sucks.

But these tanks don't suck...

IMG_2571.JPG

Only wish -- For some reason, I ordered both in stainless. Should've learned that lesson from having two black Crown tanks and a bunch of stainless iJust2's with no distinguishing characteristics. Meh...

Randy Mullins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been vaping on one for awhile. With a fresh coil it's great. After about 3 or 4 days it's new coil time....

MASSIVE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
WEEK ONE UPDATE: So far, everything is cool. Still on the first coils (0.7 and 0.25 flat). Hitting on them both like a man on a mission. Somewhere between 10-15ml each per day (maybe more, hard to tell). Flavor is excellent (4/5), coil life so far is better than expected (?), vapor production on both coils is top-notch for disposables.

In the "Every Tank has it's Quirks" department: instructions backed up by video reviews stated closing off the juice flow when refilling. Sure, that's fine. But I normally keep the active mod in my shirt pocket -- So my MO is to grab a tissue, turn the tank horizontal, close off the top air and gently exhale to blow out anything that leaked or purged. And there was usually a pretty good blob of juice.

Experimentation followed -- NOT closing off the juice, closing off the air, closing off both, closing off the juice and hitting hard before pulling the top, etc.

What I've found so far as the most effective filling method: Close off the juice and fire it for a second or so without drawing. Open the top, fill it up, replace the top, take a good 3-second-ish hit. THEN open the juice. Very minimal leakage with this technique.

Oh - And stock up on juice, as these things are silky-smoove and invite long, relaxed, repeated hits. All my Crown tanks have been collecting dust over the past week...

Mister_Moonshine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the review! How much power are you giving the .7 coil?

Very tempted to try one of these.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got both a black and SS Steam Engine and love em. The SS is better built though, I got the black one from fasttech though and I have my suspicions it might be a clone, the juice flow doesn't fit as tight around the coil like the SS version does. I would definitely recommend buying the Stream Engine from a reputable US vendor. Even if the black is a clone it is still an excellent tank, it just will flood a little which is rare with the SS version.

I didn't like the flat wire coil as much as the parallel and clapton coils, those are my 2 favorites and they last me at least a couple of weeks or more with about 3ml a day through them.

I am a tank junkie and own the following: Kanger Subtank Plus, Arctic, Arctic V8, COV Defiant, OBS T-VCT, Crown, Cleito, Herakles Plus, Mutank, TFV4, Steam Crave Aromamizer and Wismec Thorem. Of all these tanks if I could only keep 1 it would be the SS Steam Engine easily. Why? Because it holds 6ml, gives a great and flavorful vape and the build quality is tops.

I could easily live with the Crown and Cleito, there both great tanks but the Steam Engine has more positives for me.

Here are my 2 beasts, best looking tank IMO as well:

20160308_174405.jpg

MASSIVE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the review! How much power are you giving the .7 coil?
I'm running pretty much all of them in the mid 40's. I have to admit myself, the .25 parallel coil is - a steam engine. Put one in last night as I finally burned through a .7 (I'd estimate 70-100ml through it before it started tasting a little 'off').

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like mine also, and a friend also bought two. We both had leaking issues early on, but figured out it's important to make sure that juice flow is closed when filling LOL She likes the claptons, and so far I like them all. The claptons are useful when you want to run lower wattage (I run mine at about 45 watts). But as someone said above, I don't find my coils last that long either! (My vaping style is hard on coils). If I could get 70-100ml out of mine I'd be in heaven, but so far no luck in that department:eek:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if my coils last longer since I vape at lower wattages, the 0.70 clapton I normally run around 35 watts and the 0.25 ohm at 45 watts. A friend of mine vapes the clapton even lower at 30 watts or less and his coils last a month.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here are the mfg suggested wattage range for the coils in case anyone is interested:

Three Coil Structures

0.25 ohm Parallel Coil - 40 to 60W
0.7 ohm Clapton Coil - 30 to 50W
0.25 ohm Flat Coil - 40 to 70W

Mister_Moonshine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the wattage info on those coils. I'm on a search for the best tank/coil for a single 18650 mod. Something with a higher resistance that can run at lower wattages, but still with big subtank flavor. Looks like this .7 clapton coil may just do the trick.

VU Sponsors