Become a Patron!

Steam-engine topper amps vs battery drain amps

Willowcrow85

Member For 1 Year
I'm getting 20 amps to my topper but 16 battery drain amps. I'm using Samsung 25r in a pic 75w .15 ohms. So should I lower it or am I good?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm getting 20 amps to my topper but 16 battery drain amps. I'm using Samsung 25r in a pic 75w .15 ohms. So should I lower it or am I good?
Either way would be ok for a 25R. 20A is going to your atomiser, but 16A is being drawn from the cell. As it is a 20A CDR battery you are all good :)
EDIT: I think I made a mistake here, I scanned the OP and replied. If it is a 25R in a pico, at 75W, it is over a 25R's CDR.

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hang on- I just realised if you are using 75W with a single 18650 it is overdrawing a 25R. I should of payed more attention to your post, I assumed it was using dual 18650's

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have it at 60 and it's pulling 16 amps. I'm looking to buy a smoant cylon at some point.
It is the pico yeah?

The on screen reading is what is going to the coil- not what is drawn from the battery. At 60W, you could be drawing around 21.6ish amps assuming a 3.1V cutoff.

This isn't too bad though with a 25R and how we use the batteries. It is best not to exceed CDR, but as it is regulated you will be fine untill you upgrade.

Willowcrow85

Member For 1 Year
Yeah it's pretty sketchy. I'm going to change the .16 coil for a .4ohms. the only thing I like better on the herakels plus then the cleito exo is I could change coils whenever instead of dumping out the tank.

VU Sponsors