Become a Patron!

Steam Crave Glaz RTA

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Glaz RTA from Steam Crave. The Steam Crave Glaz RTA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Pearl from Cigabuy.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-steam-...12967.html

Introduction

Steam Crave are a manufacturer known for releasing a giant atomiser every 5 to 6 months which always creates a stir. The latest is the Steam Crave Glaz RTA which at 31mm in diameter is actually one of their smallest tanks and features a glass chamber, postless deck and bottom angled airflow. This is the first Steam Crave product i have personally looked at so was looking forward to using the Glaz RTA. So i'll crack on and give my opinion!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Steam Crave Glaz RTA
2x Spare 7ml glass
1x T-piece tool
Spare O-Rings and Grub Screws
User Manual

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics

The Glaz RTA came in Black cardboard packaging with viewing window so i was able to see i had received the Black version, it's also available in Blue, Gold, Gun Metal and Stainless Steel. Because i haven't used the Titan or Aromamizer the Glaz stood out because of it's size, it's very large. The Glaz has large top and bottom metal sections with the middle third of the RTA being the glass tube. Looking through the glass tube the glass chamber which will enable you to see your build can be obviously clearly seen. The top of the Glaz has a delrin 810 drip tip and slide open top-cap which reveals a fill port when pushed open, on the top-cap we have printed branding. On the bottom section we have the Steam Crave logo printed as well as "STEAM CRAVE", below is the airflow control ring which is textured for good grip, it's large dual cyclops and reveals the airflow inlets to be 2 rows of holes both sides on a metallic plate. The base see's more branding and a protruding 510 pin. The build quality is very good and aesthetic appeal is really down to your view on it's size and glass chamber feature.

Glaz RTA Specs and Features:

Size: 57.8 x 31mm
Capacity: 7ml
Type: Dual Coils RTA
7ml e-juice capacity with sliding top cap refill system
Unique Glass chamber/ chimney
Postless deck design for easy installation
Semi restrictive airflow for ultimate flavor
Special bottom angled airflow design
Thread: 510
Colour: Blue, Gold, Gun Metal, Stainless Steel, Black

The Glaz RTA Various Parts

The Glaz has a top section comprising of the slide fill top which has a stainless Steel plate underneath with cutout to accommodate the fill port grommet. Underneath this completing the top section is the air pipe and treading for the glass to screw into place, the drip tip fitting is 810 and to fit your own they need to have o-rings. The bottom section is the deck and underneath the deck is the bottom airflow system, their is another metal section which screws onto this section which has threads to accommodate the bottom of the glass tube, this also has 4 metal guides inside to stop the glass chimney moving enough to dislodge from it's press fitting while securing on the o-ring of the deck. The glass chamber is simply press fitted inside the air pipe with help from an o-ring and secures over the deck with the already mentioned o-ring. The glass tube secures to both top and bottom sections via the already mentioned threading, glass threading onto metal threading seems a bit of a risk as far as the glass breaking is concerned and although i have had no issues this is possibly the reason 2 spare glass tubes are supplied. Although you don't get the same threading on the glass chamber because a glass chamber is obviously more of a breaking risk to a metal one i would of liked a spare included but unfortunately their isn't.

The Airflow

The airflow control ing is dual cyclops with stopper, and when turned reveals 2 rows of holes on a metallic plate either side, which should smooth the airflow and make it less airy than first thought when seeing the large cyclops slots. The air goes underneath the deck and up two towers one either side of the deck, the towers both have a large air outlet pointing towards the coils at about a 45 degree angle.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Advantages and Disadvantages of Glass Chamber

Most of this is subjective, but the obvious disadvantages is that the glass chamber can get smashed while cleaning, this really isn't an atty for someone who is heavy handed, the other disadvantage is so it doesn't have the risk of cracking while fitting in place and removing it is not threaded but just press fitted into the air pipe secured by an o-ring. This does mean that if you want to remove the deck while there is e-liquid in the tank there is a chance the chamber will come away with the deck allowing for the tank to empty via the drip tip. The advantages is the glass chamber will clean up spotless so giving clean flavour when the tank is ageing rather than getting a residue build up on the roof of the chamber like you do with metal chambers, this will give better long term clean flavour. Another advantage is pure subjective which is you can see your build which i personally like aesthetically and also it allows you to see the state of your wick and coil.

The Deck and Build

The build deck is a postless design with 4 terminals for a dual build with the hex grub screws positioned on the side of the deck. As with all postless decks the build is very easy simply lower your coil legs into the terminals and hold the coils in position while tightening the screws to fix your legs in position, i found doing the coils one at a time the easiest. The only thing that needs mentioning is coil placement is very important with the Glaz RTA so your legs need to be about 6mm as they need to go higher than the airflow outlets so they are being hit at the correct angle, they also need to be not too close to the outlets to give the air a chance to expand outwards so the air can wrap right around your coils. There are two wicking channels so they are shared, they have a solid bottom with two small holes relying on capillary action to get to the cotton, thin the cotton ends out so the channels are not suffocated but still make sure the whole channel surface has cotton coverage.

My Experience Using The Glaz RTA

As mentioned coil positioning is very important as i found out, my first build saw a RTA lacking in flavour i really wasn't very impressed at all. My second build which is the one pictured saw me pulling the coils more towards the centre and lifting a good mm higher so there was more distance between the airflow and the coils to allow for the air to wrap around the entire coil (on my first build the coils were positioned far too close to the airflow). This small alteration didn't make a small but a massive difference as now the Glaz is giving very impressive flavour. The airflow is very smooth and is a slightly restricted hit with full airflow, of course just close the airflow down if you want more restriction.

Final Thoughts

Someone considering the Glaz RTA needs to be aware that care needs taken when assembling, disassembling and cleaning the tank to avoid breaking the glass, i find not including a spare chamber a big con, they also need to be aware of it's size as the Glaz will overhang a lot of devices. Once all that's been taken on board and happy with it then this is a cracking large capacity RTA giving really good flavour, smooth airflow and allows you to see your build which will appeal to many.

Can see build
Glass chamber
Good build quality
Easy build and wick (but do need correct coil placement)
Large capacity
Slide top-fill
Smooth airflow
Very good flavour
Clean flavour even after tank has had a lot of use
Easy to clean
2 spare glass tubes
Good choice of colours
No leaking issues

Cons

Glass threaded to metal cracking risk (but you do get two spare glass)
Glass chamber only secured by o-ring (be careful if removing deck with tank full of juice)
No spare glass chamber
Will overhang most devices
Not forgiving with coil placement

I would once again like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy for supplying the Steam Crave Glaz RTA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-steam-...12967.html

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thing I take everywhere !
d2c79ac81686a9b90d7744ff10d3ab6f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today on The Broscience Vapes DNA 250c.....
65fdeeb4de18ebec64438898b7b6284d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors