Become a Patron!

Starre/Maganus Dry Hit Issues?

cr1d3r

Member For 4 Years
So I recieved a Starre tank 4 or 5 days ago and the first day or two with it was great. Great flavor and vapor from the .25 ohm coil at 70 watts on a Sigelei 150 watt. Now, I'm constantly getting dry hits, I can't even vape it at 50 watts without getting a dry hit now. I don't know whats going on, but it seems like air bubbles are getting trapped in the coil or something... If I tilt the tank in a certain direction after a dry hit, a lot of air bubbles come out of the wicking holes on the coil and I'm guessing that's why I get dry hits. Is anyone else having issues like this or is it just me? I'm wondering if I just got a bad coil possibly? Maybe one of the Version 1 pre-production coils got accidentally throw in my tank or something? I could just be thinking too far into it, but I've just been trying to find some kind of explanation. This is the V2 tank btw, with the cutouts on the sidewalls to make it easier to fill. Anyone have an explanation for why I'm getting dry hits? Could I possibly be doing something wrong? I just wish I could get back to how it was the first day or two I had it, because the first couple of days were great! Any possible explanations would be great, and thanks in advance everyone!!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bad coil , only way to determine that is try another of the same, no?

cr1d3r

Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I'll try the other coil out when I get some new juice later on today. Hopefully it was just a bad coil...

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like a bad coil. I have a Maganus I have been using for two weeks with max vg and have had zero dry hits.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm having the same exact issue on the same exact tank. Except I've tried new coils and even put an Atlantis v2 coil in it to see if that would help. Nothing, dry hits above 65 watts on the .25.

Frustrated at this point.

cr1d3r

Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure, both of my .25 coils even started giving me dry hits at 50 watts... I just bought a .5 ohm coil for it and I'll try it out when I get some new juice. I'll let you know how it goes. A friend of mine bought the same tank 2 days after I got mine, from the same website I bought mine from, and he said he never got a dry hit, and he used his coils for about 2 weeks and never said he had a problem.... So idk what the deal is!

I feel your frustration though!

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I recently started having this issue with my starre right after I put a new coil in this happened 5 times killed a whole pack of coils I tried 1 more but loosened the cotton a bit with a pin like you do on the sub tank and no issues 2 days later. I think s bad batch of coils went out cuz mine never did this before

cr1d3r

Member For 4 Years
Yeah thats what I was thinking too.. It's the only thing that makes sense too me, because almost every review I've watched doesn't mention anything about it happening, maybe it was just a quality control error or something at the factory

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks like I spoke too soon I just had jump ohms really high on me and it fried my cotton

cr1d3r

Member For 4 Years
Well dang, I've been vaping on that new .5 ohm coil at 45 watts for the past few days and its been working pretty flawlessly. I haven't had a dry hit yet...So we'll see how it goes...haha

VU Sponsors