Become a Patron!

Stagevape Venus Review- Excellent Budget RDA.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I picked this up from Heaven Gifts while cruising sales for 2 reasons.
1. It looks pretty neat
2. It is an inexpensive piece of hardware so I wouldn’t be furious if it sucked.

To those that matter how an item is sourced for a review, I bought this with my own cash.

2jVNi9z.jpg

Here is what you get for your $26

Rm1L1XR.jpg

Included in the box you get an RDA, some extra O-rings, grub screws, a couple of decent looking set of coils (as of yet untried) and both a BF and standard 510 pin (BF Installed by manufacturer).

Fit and Finish-
This is a nice, very visually attractive little 24mm rebuildable dripping atomizer. It has clean etching with a skull design that is filled with some sort of bake on paint finish. The bake on finish is smooth and whole without any defects I could find on this one anyways.

The build quality is above average for what you would typically pay in this price range. There are no rough edges and there are no tool marks really anywhere on this thing. The grub screws are tight and have no wiggle, and everything moves and goes together quite smooth.

It also comes with a nice color complimentary drip tip over a clear or plain black delrin or resin tip. This is just a bonus as far as I am concerned.

lXzk8Me.jpg

Build Deck-
There is a deceptively large build deck on this thing. You cant put super wide outside diameter coils on it because of the size of the post less deck holes but there is enough room on this thing to park some large inside diameter claptons or aliens. The 3mm ID SSFC's I put on there leave enough room for an additional coil between them. Its an easy enough little fella to build on which is much appreciated. The coils have to sit really low and somewhat positioned toward the airflow, with the air hitting the coils directly on the side to yield the most flavor. I tried several positions before landing on this orientation.

7hUF5h3.jpg

DaZIcTK.jpg

Airflow-
I was super skeptical of the design of the airflow with this thing when I pulled it out of the box. If you look at the build deck the airflow holes in the side only expose about 1/2 the coil directly to air. The air inlet hole is only moderately chamfered, making it appear moderately starved considering the size of the inlet. This does not appear to negatively impact it at all as far as I can tell.

OWQrxY6.jpg

Closed- It is unvapeable for me. Way too restricted. Like sucking thick ice cream through a straw
Half Closed- Whistles on hard pulls and still far too restricted
Wide Open- Slightly restricted, think Goon 1.5 at 3/4 open.

Flavor-
I am of the opinion this has above excellent flavor due to the airflow design. It not being super airy and having a relatively small volume inside it reproduces flavors incredibly well. There isnt much else to say on this, on a 1 to 10 scale in the flavor department this thing gets a solid 8.

How does it vape?
I am incredibly pleased with this thing. It is not a brand that I was familiar with prior to buying this. It is well made, feels good and it looks good. The vapor production is satisfying and it provides above average flavor.

I have been heavily vaping at .10ohm dual coils on a mechanical tube mod with Samsung 20S batteries for a week and this RDA has not once heated up in any way that makes it uncomfortable to use and at worse it has become only solid warm, it is consistent in what it provides and it seems this thing might be a solid bargain buy.

Wicking-
Frankly I haven't really seen any way that this thing doesn’t like to be wicked. Its super easy to wick and is not temperamental at all.

With the coils I am using what seems to work best is thick and tight at the coil and thin it out from underneath the wicking material to where you can almost see through it at the edges.
Then tuck it down onto the shallow deck and vape the hell out of it.

iQXgXPu.jpg

OmwnwoP.jpg

I have a habit of trimming the edges at an angle but on this it is not absolutely necessary.

Here are manufacturers specifications:

Size: 24mm x 28.4mm
Drip Tip: 810 drip tip
Material: 304 stainless steel
Thread: Gold-plated 510 connection

They have four color schemes available: SS, Red, Black and Blue.

For what you spend and what you get this is a solid buy in my opinion. I stand in the middle of the road between flavor and vapor production and this RDA is designed for people like me. After having purchased it, I would have happily paid $10 more for it and do plan to pick up another one in blue.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nice reviews, thank you for writing it!

VU Sponsors