Become a Patron!

SS316L VS NI80 Fused Claptons - Flavour

Fossil

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Been playing around with both materials in a Goon, Phenol and Twisted Messes. Not sure I can tell the difference other than I don't miss that Kanthal taste at all. Is there any other advantage to SS over NI80?

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For one, you can't use n80 in temp control. Also ss has a lower resistance, so you need more for higher resistance than with n80, which translated to more surface area.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Fossil

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just finished a 3 mm dia 6 wrap 26 core 34 wrap Ni80 coil comes out at 017. The duplicate coil in SS seems to have better flavour just not sure if it is related to TC or the wire

Fossil

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Think I will make up some more SS Fused Claptons with the same above specs and do a 8 wrap in the Goon in TC, have a couple more beers and everything will be alright until morning. Then I will pack up all the Kanthal & Ni80 I have and give to the guys at work. I think once you go TC, you will never go back. Now i need to find a better Temp control mod then my RX 200 and RX 75

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I do both TC and power modes. Just depends on the juice I'm vaping atm.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Fossil

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I make my own juice and you may have a point. The fruits seem to taste best on the NI80 in wattage mode where as the custards seem best in TC. One more beer and I won;t taste a difference

Fossil

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
don't think I have enough 34 gauge SS to make the coils. I had a back up plan and bought some Geek Vape premade SS fused clapton wire 28 x 2 core and 30 wrap. 10 feet cost $8 CAN. Did a 9 wrap in the goon. in TC mode 480 F 0.32 50 watts. It is not bad. Wonder what it would taste like if I made my own coils 9 wrap

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I almost exclusively use SS/Ni80 for making claptons like to have a little bit lower resistance and a bit more surface area.
I think it tastes cleaner too for some reason. Only using Ka1 for series fused claptons these days.

VU Sponsors